Author Topic: Hello frm Funguy  (Read 3046 times)

Offline funguy

• View Profile
Hello frm Funguy
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
Hello distinguished members, Funguy is the name is growing is the game. Just finshed my Masters in Botany, not a very high paying job but I really enjoy what I do. Was down in Mexico some years back doing a paper, which then lead me to travel many South American countries. Since my fluency in Spanish, I had to trouble travelling alone primarily because when I speak Spanish I have no accent so the culture sees me as one of their own but dont kid your self it is still very  very dangerous. Just like Ontario there are some really good people and then there are some..Well you know what I mean.
I am not really looked upon as a Gringo Americano. Laughing I told them I was from Canada, Ahh Si Senor they said, Gringo Norte Americano.
I spent some time living in the jungle with the Curanderos..not Shamans  :( as we have Lazly ( is that a word ) adopted a name that pertains to European Customs and Teachings.
I continue to travel to South America to continue my studies in the Ethnobotany field, which is really a TRIP.
Will enjoy reading the many subjects on this Fourm and perhaps contribute some insight.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Hello frm Funguy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
Just wanted to say welcome.  Great that you are studying enthobotany,  I am a horticulturist, had I known what I do now, I would have studied enthobotany instead... fascinating stuff

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Hi Funguy, looks like I musta passed right over this introduction thread...oops

Anyway, I like to welcome our newbies (when I'm not spacing off threads a week later  :) ) and it would be a boon to have someone with your skills and experience join our little crib in cyberspace.

Hope to see ya around the place, please make thyself at home! Peace, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
hola funguy .
welcome !!!