Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fritzerman

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
General Discussion / Re: 1 gram HCL enough for opiate withdrawl
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »
I think many would agree with staging the dosage over 3-4 hours, but not many that recommend your idea of dosing less than to seek a flood. I have staged the dosage over a few hours and it was fine. Your specific question about dosing less than a flood was answered somewhere here previously in another thread and it was suggested to go for the flood to get the noribogaine buildup to carry one through the withdrawal period. From my experience, the "body load" of ibogaine is nothing compared to full blown withdrawal. That being said, I'm not a provider nor do I have experience as a sitter. I've flooded 4 times in 5 years but that doesn't qualify me as an expert. Read the old posts here. I think you will find some answers there. Good luck.

General Discussion / Re: 1 gram HCL enough for opiate withdrawl
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »

If it were me I would try for the flood with the 1 gr of HCL. People have different sensitivity, but at 130 lbs the 1 gr gives you about 17 mg per kg of weight. I flooded for the 4th time about 1 mth ago to get off oxycodone and ended up doing 1 gr of HCL. I had planned on 1.4 grs but didn't do the last 400 mgs. I weigh 180 lbs so it came out to about 12 mg/kg. It worked to ward off any serious withdrawal symptoms. Had some watery eyes, sneezing and thermoregulation issues but nothing close to serious withdrawal. I felt whipped for over a week but doing pretty good now. I've tried microdosing before but it never worked for me. Hopefully, some of the very knowledgeable people here will chime in. There are at least 5 or 6 people on this forum that really know their shit that I have relied on extensively. I sympathize with your physical withdrawal situation. There isn't much that is tougher to endure. Good luck.

Eboka Journals / Re: Re: I am back
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

Sounds like you are doing well. Congratulations!! I flooded 24 days ago and your experience sounds almost identical to mine, except I never purged. Didn't eat for about 4 days and at about 7 days the appetite came back with a vengence. I was wobbly for probably 3 days and dead tired/fatigued for 2 weeks. If you went back to work the second week you're doing better than I did. This last week is better and I'm getting chores done that I put off. You will feel better every day from here on out. I haven't done a booster but have microdosed, particularly the first 2 weeks. I was cold all the time for over a week, then started with hot flashes for several days before things leveled out with the thermoregulation system. I also lost my taste for diet soda which i had been drinking at the rate of 5 or 6 a day. I am still sneezing now and then which is odd.

I've flooded 4 times in the last 6 or 7 years because I didn't plan any aftercare and expected iboga to take care of everything by itself. This time I'm using advice I found here and I'm much more optimistic.

Beating methadone is the toughest from all I have read. I was getting off oxy. My hat is off to you. You have whipped up on a tough opponent. I am 100% convinced that iboga is the best way to beat an opiate habit---if we do our part after the gift from the flood. I never have gotten visions except the first time I flooded, but I always got relief from any serious withdrawal symptoms. I cold turkeyed one time without any comfort meds (before I learned of iboga) and it was 3-4 days of pure hell.

I just wanted to congratulate you. You have opened the door to a new and better life. Treat yourself well--you deserve it.

I wasn't taking anything else at the time. I had taken 2 mg of Ativan the night before that a doctor friend prescribed for sleep.

I felt pretty good when I went into the office this morning. I worked all morning and came home for lunch, but had a real lull after eating. I micro-dosed with about 600 mg of bark which gave me some energy and I made it back to the office about 2:30. After I went back to the office I was talking to my partner and she asked me if I was all right. I told her I had been having trouble sleeping, but otherwise felt okay. She explained that she had asked because my pupils were very dilated. I went and looked in a mirror and they were fairly dilated, but then again when I was taking the pain pills my pupils were the opposite. Can anyone tell me if that's a normal effect from micro-dosing?

Introductions / Re: Help!! Trying to kick Subs. & prepare for a Flood
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
I flooded to get off Sub about five years ago. It's one of the toughest to get off of even with ibogaine. I switched to a short acting opiate (Percocet) 30 days prior to the flood, but most people here would recommend more than 30 days. I had previously quit pain pills cold turkey without any comfort meds and it was the most hellish three or four days of my life. I tried to quit Suboxone the same way and couldn't make it past three days. The bad withdrawals didn't kick in for 24 hours. The thing about Suboxone is that the hellish withdrawals last much longer. If you can get on a short acting opiate for at least 30 days or more than that's definitely the right move. I think it's going to be tough otherwise even with ibogaine.

For full disclosure, I have relapsed (not with Suboxone – I would never touch that shit again) three times since then and just did my fourth flood two weeks ago. Without a doubt, ibogaine is hands-down the best way to quit opiates. For me, I got total relief from any serious withdrawal symptoms every time I have flooded. Of course, total recovery after the flood has always been a little tough for me, but I'm 56 years old. The recovery since my recent flood has been probably the easiest, but probably due to the short duration of my last relapse.

If you can get the short acting opiate, it's probably going to take a significant dose. Suboxone fills up all the receptors and will block the effect of opiates for a good while. In my opinion, it would be tough using kratom, although I have read about a few people having success that way. However, I've also read accounts of people having trouble using ibogaine to get off kratom. If you haven't already, you should read everything you can hear and elsewhere of the experiences of others under similar circumstances.

I wish you the best of luck. The one thing I'm certain of is that you'll be better off eventually after your off Suboxone.

thanks BT

thanks kbud

The thermoregulation problems pretty much faded away yesterday. I woke up this morning with more energy and to a more significant degree. I'm still sneezing some but that's no big deal. I am not 100% by any means but I have to say I feel one hell of a lot better. My appetite is strong. I got out for a walk early this morning before going into the office. I came home for lunch and ate a big meal. I plan to go back to the office in just a little bit. Although it has taken 14 days to feel halfway normal, I feel grateful for the opportunity that iboga has given me. I don't have any desire to take any pain pills and I have a commitment to never touch another one. This is the best site for information, advice and support for anyone who's thinking of taking ibogaine. Thanks for all the help and support.

It's day 13 since my flood and I feel like I have a little more energy again today. However, the raw feeling still persist. It's a feeling of being antsy and particularly comes on later in the day towards the evening. I put in about five hours work today because I had to and it wore me out pretty good. Overall though things continue to get better every day. Best to all.

Eboka Journals / Re: Day 12 since flood – – a new day
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:32:27 PM »
I managed to do a little mowing and trimming, then put in about a half an hour unloading some compost from the pickup truck. That was fairly draining.

In the afternoons/evenings I get an antsy feeling, what someone here once aptly described as feeling like a porcupine. I don't like the feeling. I have some benzo's, but have been using those only to help sleep at night. I have also been taking fairly large doses of melatonin at night.

Overall, I am feeling a little bit better every day although not by leaps and bounds. Thanks for the advice and support.

Eboka Journals / Day 12 since flood – – a new day
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »
I felt pretty good when I got up this morning although I'm still sitting in the recliner. I do feel like I have a good amount of energy, but I know how fast that can dissipate once I get up and get to doing something.

Cal, you hit the nail on the head in describing how I feel when my wife is doing things I would normally do. She is very understanding about iboga and its process. She has been my sitter for the last three floods. I had a bad experience when I did a flood in August when I was quitting opiates. Mistakenly, I quit Adderall at the same time and later found out that I should have distanced myself from Adderall long before the flood. The recovery that time was mercilessly slow. Back to the point, I have often described my wife is the most decent person I've ever met in my life.

Yesterday, she went over to some rental property we own to replace one of the turrets on the roof which vents the attic. I couldn't stand it and finally went over to help, but she already had it done. We laughed about it.

Well, I'm going to get up and do something. I'll report back about whether I have any increased energy level today once I find out. Thanks to all.

Eboka Journals / Re: Day 11 since flood – – just hanging on today
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
My thermal regulation continues to be off. I'm also still sneezing and having some watery eyes. I took about 300 mg of bark this morning, and just took another 400 mg or so. it seems to help with the thermal regulation issue. I could care less about the sneezing or watery eyes. The bark also seems to calm me if that makes any sense. I feel like I have energy while I'm sitting down, but once I get up to do something it fades fairly quick, particularly if I'm outside where it's over 90°. I still have the improved sense of well-being, or at least that's how I describe it. Hope tomorrow is even better. I know there are a bunch of people that were flooding yesterday and I'm praying for them and wishing him well. Take care.

Eboka Journals / Day 11 since flood – – just hanging on today
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm dragging a little bit today. I think I over did it yesterday. Managed to walk a little over a mile this morning, then showered and ran an errand. I'm not feeling any worse, but not noticeably better either. I'm trying to get motivated to do some small chores. I continue to take some bark, although I've reduced it to about 300 mg. I have kind of a jittery/anxious feeling, almost an antsy feeling to get up and do something. I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee which may not be a good idea, but I'm looking for some kind of burst of energy to get me started. My wife has been going strong with chores since 8 AM – – doing some things that I would normally be responsible for. That really eats at me so that's part of the reason I feel I need to get up and do something. So, here it goes. I'm off to try some chores. Thanks to all.

Eboka Journals / Day and since flood– – starting to feel human
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
Well it's been 10 days since I did the flood and again I'm feeling a little better today. It's not a great burst of energy, but more a feeling of well-being. It's hard to explain. I have been doing some micro-dosing with rootbark (thanks for the advice on this Cal). It seems to help with the thermal regulation problems I continue to have. I took some last night before bed a little bit more this morning. I'm taking 500 to 600 mg each dose. I took the dose this morning because I have some appointments at the office that need to be attended to. I think it gives me a little bit more energy. I want to go for a walk before I go into the office so I need to get going. Thanks for all the advice and support.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13