Author Topic: 10 Year Anniversary of Iboga Flood for Spiritual Cultivation  (Read 2973 times)

Offline humility

• View Profile
10 Year Anniversary of Iboga Flood for Spiritual Cultivation
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
Ten years ago I experienced a death and rebirth with the help of iboga in a hotel room in Canada by myself after 3 years of intense spiritual cultivation. It was a profound experience that changed my life for the better. In fact for 5 years I lived what iboga taught me. Amazing things happened. However, after 5 years I intentionally stopped following what I learned from iboga. The experiences I was having in my spiritual practice and day-to-day life were become too extreme, too amazing, too inexplicable. I thought I might be going crazy. So I stopped all that, cold turkey. Since then I've gradually gone down hill. I fight depression, lethargy and anger daily. The only thing I look forward too is drinking liquor as it provides me an escape from normal waking consciousness. I am considering another flood dose 10 years after the first as I have become lost and disenchanted and want to get back to where I was 5 years ago. Any thoughts?

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Year Anniversary of Iboga Flood for Spiritual Cultivation
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
FLOOD !!!

Offline humility

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »
LOL

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
While I would certainly say another flood probably wouldn't hurt at all, I wonder if you can't do it without?

You said the spiritual effects were so profound for you that you were able to live that way for 5 years?  And then you made a conscious decision to revert back to your old ways? 

If your practice and experience were that strong, what makes you think you NEED iboga to get back to where you were?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Iboga, but I'm just saying that it's a tool, a helper, to get us to where we want to go - but if you already have the strength, why not do it on your own?  I think that would be much more fulfilling in the long-run: knowing the desire and determination to change came from within you.

However, I don't know all the circumstances or how bad things have got.. If you're at a point where you think some Iboga would be your best bet - if things are getting more difficult and damaging than you're willing to tolerate - then absolutely, smack your brain with some iboga!

<3
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »

Hi Humility,

You took it 10 years ago and had many positive changes, then you fell from grace so to speak.  Often when an addict does that he does another flood.  So a flood might be what ya need but try and see if you can change back to what your were before.  In ten years you have grown, changed your opinions on things, see things differently, etc.

Best,

Roy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »
I say flood.  Iboga works!  Staying on the right path is something that takes constant effort, for all of life, and when you feel you are starting to stray, and it starts to get too hard to change on your own, use some of the best tools there are, plants! 

Iboga, ayahuasca, mushrooms, or even some cactus experiences can be very healing, and get you back to where you want to be.  Sometimes learning how these tools work can really help one to discern what they need when things are not going the way they want, and I truly believe these are some of the best healers for the mind and body..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline thoqua

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »
You dont have to do this by yourself,were here for ya,5 years was great...but i know your more concerned about NOW so yea flood  and keep in contact w/likeminded people where ever they  mabe .....(..i  did the AA thing for 13 yrs then relapsed on opiates) so i have a general idea of how ya feel.....espically the anger feelings....................o yea  i m lookin for a sitter in canada,let me know if ya can think of any references......................thanks  and good luck, youll make it , i can tell by your name you have a warm heart..................thoqua...... ;)