Author Topic: What happens when we die?  (Read 6785 times)

Offline humility

• View Profile
Re: What happens when we die?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »
I'm looking for personal testimonials and/or insight from, if possible, LIVING people and not dead people that living people look to for support like the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Edgar Cayce, etc. Most of us have been through those circles, and many more. I'm looking for personal testimonials NOW. Someone I can talk to NOW. In the FLESH.

Offline humility

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
At best, hearing and wanting to believe those stories from hundreds to thousands of years ago are akin to believing in stories of Santa Claus. Yes, I desperately want to believe in Santa Claus, and all of the goodness that he represents, yet it is just a STORY/IDEA. Thus, when looking at past people of goodness (e.g., MLK, Gandhi, Jesus, Edgar Cayce, Buddha, etc...) I wonder if it's just a STORY/IDEA and one that's been perpetuated over the decades/centuries. After all, none of the aforementioned individuals gave us quote ultimate truth. We are still lost. This is why being in the presence of someone RIGHT NOW who has these types of answers is of paramount importance to me. Unfortunately, I have not found that person nor do I believe I ever will -- because they do not exist. Please, please, please prove me wrong. Iboga showed me A LOT but did not rid this particular monkey from my back. Yes, Iboga showed me "souls" coming to, and leaving the Earth, but that could be construed as hallucinogenic mumbo-jumbo. A trick of the brain, and what I *wanted* to see. I am looking for real, tangible answers/insight.

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 03:28:57 AM »
Hey Roy D,

You mentioned Edgar before, im going to have to read a book of his at some point, because what i read on Wiki was intresting.
It does make for intresting & enjoyable conversation, and i dont take it anymore seriously than that.
One of my beliefs is that we are all here to learn, and we have been designed so we dont find out any truths about the meaning of life, as it would give us comfort and take away from the lessons we are supposed to be learning.
I think some people (for one reason or another) get a peek at one or two truths - but i have a feeling that no1 would share such information!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
There is no ultimate truth, only truth to you, depending on your beliefs, from your unique perspective. 

The world doesn't march to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some, you take the good, you take the bad, you take em both and there you have, my opening statement.. - Peter Griffin, Family Guy
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline redbus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »
Hey Roy, yeah coulda been, kinda telepathic informing , with my frequency altered severely I picked it up loud and clear ! most profound ...
" And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom !"    Anais Nin

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
The question ain't what happens when we die, but what happens when we are here on Earth. In other words, regardless of what happens when you die, it happens, and that's that. But if there is an afterlife, then the real question is, why did we come here? Because we will probably keep coming back until we figure out why we are coming.

What happens when you die depends on what you think will happen, since death is only a state of mind. If you are open to all possibilities (or this one), you can go to the "other side" or the spirit world, and you can remember when we created the universe. I've been there via ayahuasca about 8 times now. I suggest you read these books: We Are God by Alexis Mohr, The Joy of Living by Yongyey Mingyur Rinpoche, God is Red by Vine DeLoria (just to get an interesting perspective), and Real Love by Greg Baer. Also, Mystical Sex by Louis Meldman is very good, but a bit off-topic.

Alexis Mohr just wrote a good blog post which kind of sums up her book: http://wp.me/p1x6Qg-19

I've read many atypical NDEs that actually go far past "the white light." Religion really hinders your ability to get to the divine source. For example, if you think you will see Jesus, then by golly, you will see Jesus... in one guy's NDE, he saw God, but Jesus was blocking God, and he wasn't sure why Jesus was there blocking him. He thought maybe Jesus was telling him it's not time yet or something.

I suggest you get into meditation, and if you need an extra push, smoke some changa. If you need even more of a push, do ayahuasca (while meditating on finding out why you came to Earth). If that doesn't do it for you, try an iboga flood dose with a sitter. The Bwiti give a massive flood to their kids so they can meet God at a young age.

Actually, you may not even need any of that. Just think about it logically. All matter in the universe is nothing more than condensed energy fields. And energy fields actually extend into infinity. So at some level of perception, we are all one conscious EM field. At this earthly level, we have managed to filter out everything but a sliver of the field. Why would we choose to do that? Well, the field is chaotic--just look at what they are finding in experimental quantum physics. So if your mind encompasses all of that chaos, you would have a lot of cognitive dissonance. So you might want to experience yourself in a more limited way in order to lessen the cognitive dissonance by uniting other slivers of consciousness with yourself via love. Or perhaps we just wanted to imagine that we had someone to love besides ourself. All I know for sure is that we are here to learn to love each other. And we keep coming back until we all learn to do so fully, or until the universe collapses and a new big bang happens and we evolve again from bacteria etc.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »

Hi Humility,

Everyone you ask will give you a different answer.  I doubt is any can really say.  I have heard it's nice.

Best,

Roy