Author Topic: hi gonna try to keep it short  (Read 16934 times)

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hi gonna try to keep it short
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
Charley - At first I thought he was still taking sub too, but upon re-reading it looks to me like he said he's NOT on suboxone anymore, been off for over 100 some days.. He said he's only taking hydrocodone every now and then to be able to go out and socialize.

So switching to SAO's should be a non-issue.

But 662 - What Charley is saying about these things regarding the QT interval, and not being on anti-depressants is completely accurate.  Ibogaine, when mixed with the wrong kind of stuff, can easily kill someone.  If you're able to get an EKG and blood tests/liver panel beforehand, you'll definitely want to do that - it's highly recommended.

And you won't want to be taking any anti-depressants (SSRI's or SNRI's), but you should wean off of them carefully, as they can give withdrawals of their own (that are pretty nasty for some).

As for the HCL/TA question.. That's kind of up to you.. Personally, I'd say either would probably work well for you -- this is the kind of area where it's good to ask, but even better for you to start reading and figure that part out for yourself.

The HCL, for most, will usually have less side effects, and is often better for those in acute withdrawal - as you can take larger doses with less side effects.  But many prefer the TA because it contains a wider spectrum of active alkaloids from the plant.  Maybe others will weigh in with their opinions regarding that question - but please take the time to start reading and learning yourself, as much as you possibly can.  I cannot state enough how important that is. But of course, never be afraid to ask us any questions you might have.

I'm very happy to help, but every now and then I like to remind people that I'm not a doctor.  Everything I'm telling you is simply my personal opinion, based off of my own research and experiences.  When it comes right down to it, these decisions will be up to you - so get all the information you can; that way you can make the best possible informed decision.

<3
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 01:40:35 AM »
that was vodka talking another good example of things I do to feel normal, and than overdo it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:09:06 AM by 662 »

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Russia ?
where ?

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 03:10:12 AM »
st petersburg.  does anyone have recommendations on the dose size of hcl? Im 166-168 pounds.
thx

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 04:15:15 AM »
Again, 662.. This is why I keep saying "read, read, read"... This is the kind of thing you really need to decide for yourself.

Have you done much research on iboga on your own yet?  Do you understand how big and serious this medicine is?

I would hope that if you're at a point where you're trying to decide how much to take... that you would know that people usually recommend a dose between 15 and 22 mg/kg.. Depending on the situation.. More for acute withdrawals (and sometimes hard-heads, and those more experienced) - but always when in a healthy condition.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude... Just want to make clear that it seems to me that you haven't yet been reading/researching enough to make a well-informed decision about this medicine yet.

But I could be wrong, and either way, to answer your question...

From what i have been gathering from your posts - in post-acute buprenorphine withdrawal, after about 4 months with no active suboxone in your system, and occasional SAO use.. I would say you'd want to shoot for somewhere between 15 and 18 mg/kg.. which for you, would be in the area of 1125mg and 1350mg, give or take 100mg...

But please.. Do your own reading and research.. For some, this could be a life or death decision - and I'm still getting a strong feeling that you have yet to do the appropriate research to make a decision with the gravity that one like this carries.

Please, keep checking in - and let us know how you're doing, but continue to read here, and don't rush into anything too quickly.

All the love in the world,

- me
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
totally I see, I been reading but not enough, thas true.

I found the iboga protocol on this site so will read that, and if HCL on average last 20 some months compared to 2months (TA) i better do HCL to play it safe. Ok will start  reading meticilously, found a 50mg tramedol, should give me little energy to read.
thanks

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
i should be good with 1.5hcl and 2g of the TA in sometime, its official.
 i better start reading for real now. dont want to be a statistic. i wonder how I can check my liver and heart on a budget

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
Go to the ER and don't pay 'em.

Great post Charley...

Keep communicating 662, and keep your focus on safety, you'll do fine  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:19:15 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
I wonder what happened to the canadian guy that almost died in the Im dangerous with love documentary. So Im doing more and more reading here and other places. Any advice how I can get an experienced sitter.

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
i wonder how many h heads that did iboga also stopped their drinking. but than again you gots to be eurotrash to be a drunk and a opiatehead

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »

Hi 66,

i should be good with 1.5hcl and 2g of the TA in sometime, its official.

That's a hell of a lot for a first timer.  I did 1.5 HCL and it was plenty, very plenty and your a little lighter than me.  I can not offer suggestions or say if it were me I would do the 1.5 HCL and save the rest for boosters.  But you should not need boosters for until after a week or two for I was buzzzzed for 10 days or more.  I know that you feel and need a reset and you can do it but you don't want to take a Very large dose specially with an inexperienced sitter.

Hoped I helped,

Roy

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
Im sorry i didnt clearify. im about to obtain 1.5hcl, that was the package. but i plan to consume like 1.2ish, still reading)
Gonna see the doctor for poor to do an EKG, but still dont know about the sitter thing, not like there are post on craigslist with people offering such services, yeah thats a tough one
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:19:37 PM by 662 »

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 12:29:27 AM »
Hi there 662...I'm wondering, since you've been off the sub for 4 months now and are not actively using anything else, by the way you've described how you're feeling with the lethargy & fatigue, not wanting to get out of bed....well that tells me you're experiencing a nasty case of PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) which is quite common after a sub detox.

Perhaps you don't need a full Iboga flood at this point. Just microdosing with some root bark has helped a lot of people get through PAWS a lot faster & easier. And if that isn't enough after a few weeks or so, you could always go for a flood dose later.

Just a thought....I know how how debilitating PAWS can be & I hope you feel better, a LOT better very soon! ( you can purchase root bark in capsules from one of the vendors here I believe.)  :o)

Offline 662

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05:08 PM »
thats very intersting thought sassyfras. however i should be getting the hcl in about 7 to 9 days. Yes, the paws are debilitating for sure, i gained 10 pounds laying around, its wack. Maybe someone has advice on perhaps a smaller dose I can do thats still efficient; would 1 gram work for me?(hcl)

When I was 16 eating some mushrooms in the woods was a treat. But at 32 tripping on something shitload stronger and for 8 hours, Im petrafied, not of tripping so much but of the nighmare scenarios, its just I already feel crazy fragile without opiates, but than again I havent read anyone having a bad trip per se.

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
Yeah, 662, I know all too well how fragile PAWS can leave people feeling....a brain which has been saturated with opiates/opioids can feel very vulnerable for a long time after detoxing.

You could search this forum for different ways some people have used low doses of root bark if you'd like to look into this idea a bit more.....doing so would also give you a better sense of Iboga & how your body/mind responds to it. A good friend of mine had been clean for a couple of months but was still feeling severe PAWS so she decided to try doing some low doses of root bark. She took about 700 - 1,000mg RB for 3 or 4 days in a row & then took a few days off.( She was also taking amino acids ( protein shakes), a good multi vit/min, fish oil & lots of vit. C.) She said that she could really feel herself beginning to heal with the root bark regimen, her energy came back quickly & her mind cleared up & the depression disappeared too.

Don't get me wrong...I think a full flood is an invaluable experience & I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of that! But a flood is very taxing on the body and because you are still feeling quite weak & fragile, I thought it might be better for you to build up your strength a bit more first :o)