Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:51:51 AM »
First, let me say that my handle, MrClean, is not some holier-than-thou, I'm-so-kool thing.  You see, it's not who I am or where I'm at.  It's who I want to be.  It's where I want to be.

Which is not to say I'm trying to become a good little Republican (or Democrat, Libertarian, etc.) and step in line.  Nope. Not my ting, mon.  And I am not now, nor ever will be, a soldier in the War on Freedom.

When everyone is coming this way, you'll usually find me going the other...

The only thing I'm addicted to on a day-to-day basis is nicotine.  I've started using those little pouches but still smoke cigs, and just don't feel right without the 'proper' level of niccy in my blood.

I don't know why I'm not (now) addicted to opiates and stimulants.  It's not that I don't like love them.  Or that I haven't abused them, gotten into trouble and done stoopid things.  For whatever reason, thanks unto God in all Her love and wisdom, I just stop chasing them at some point.  I know that however good they make me feel for now, they're not my friends.  Unfortunately, that knowledge will probably evaporate as soon as something magically appears under my nose...

I am grateful, however, to have found a couple of good friends and teachers: ayahuasca and peyote.  I fancy myself a 'vegetalista'  --  a Brazilian term for one who obtains knowledge from the plant kingdom.  When I use them regularly I become clear and aligned.  Living in the United Stalag of Amerika makes supply and usage somewhat problematic, though.

(Are my roots showing?  heh)

I became aware, then interested, in Eboka while seeking help for a close friend's granddaughter who has all but abandoned her two-year-old daughter for the life of junkie.  Though it turned out she was not interested in kicking (too many enablers too close to her, including her MOTHER for chrissakes!) I became aware of positive results in the treatment of alcoholism and psychological problems.

More of my friends have died as a result of alcohol than all other causes combined, I strongly suspect.  Yes, I know that no one can 'be changed', but I would be gratified-to-tears to play any part in preventing even one more such death.  Buddha, too, said "don't try to change others."  But, he also said "do good works."

After the deaths of my adoptive mother (2003) and father (2005) I spent years slogging through psychological muck and mire until I had a breakthrough last spring.  Eboka is said to put one in touch with their ancestors by the Bwiti, and said to enable 'psycho-surgery' by others.  I am extremely interested in investigating it personally for both reasons.  Due to the scheduling of T. iboga, I am contemplating Voacanga Africana instead.  "Vamos a ver" as they say in Espanol.  Plus, I could never, ever recommend something like Eboka to another without knowing about what was in store for him/her.  Just as with Ayahuasca or LSD, there may be those who should stay away unless adequately prepared and/or accompanied.

Your thoughts and impressions will be welcomed.

Karma is the stick, enlightenment the carrot.

Peace Love and Wisdom to You ALL,

MrClean

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »
Hey Mr. Clean,

All I have to share are my experiences, but maybe they will be informative for you.

First, with Voacanga, I have heard it's nothing like Iboga, and packs a hella hangover.

I came to Iboga with an alcohol and nicotine addiction. Like you, I have done and loved many, many other drugs, but never found myself really addicted. Today, after Iboga, I can say that alcohol is no longer an issue, I have other things to do. I just don't think about it anymore. For cigs, I didn't smoke at all for a month, but now have a few cigars a day. I think a booster would have helped tremendously at around 4 weeks, but I couldn't get a hold of one/some. I am looking forward to doing another 'flood' dose, now that I have some insight on how to safeguard myself against the triggers that led me to pick up tobacco again, albeit in a different form. I'll also be sure to have boosters on hand.

I heartily encourage you to check out Iboga for yourself. You say no-one can 'be changed' and I understand the sentiment of responsibility for self in what you say. I can also say that with Iboga, you most certainly will be changed. You can fight your way back to 'all fuc*ed up', but Iboga, in and of itself, will change you. It's very, very powerful.

There are those who have taken Iboga all alone, those who have done it at home with a spouse/SO, those who have gone to clinics, and as many other variations that you can think of. It's been my humble experience that taking it with at least two other people to 'sit' with you is a good idea. It's very tiring for the 'sitter', as well as the 'initiate'. From what I've found, on average, it will cost between $600-$1000 for enough already prepared TA or Ibogaine for one person. I'd recommend getting at least a half again what you will need for your body weight. This is in case you throw it up and need more during the experience. If you don't throw it up and need more, you will have some on hand for boosters. If someone offers to sit with you for a sum, ask around about them. There are some fine folk in the Iboga world, and some losers. And exchanging a fee for someone with experience, compassion and knowledge is an okay idea, worth it. I sometimes balked at this, but I tell ya, it's Hard to sit with someone! Thinking out loud now, barter would work, too.

Also, experiences will vary. I'm sure you already know this. It seems one gets what one needs, though. As far as supply and usage in the US, don't give up. There are many helpful people around who care deeply about this sacrament/drug/substance. If you can get to a legal country, excellent. Less risk for all involved. If you can't, keep posting, ask questions, start to arrange for at least a week off your work/daily responsibilities. Get your heart checked by EKG, if you don't have a recent one. Start to write about your reasons for wanting Iboga, and just make like it's already coming. Iboga, for me, began affecting me long before I ever held it in my hand. I don't know if that's common for everyone, but for me doors began opening and insights started coming long before my journey.

Where in the US are you?

peace and empanadas (fritas)

Tia

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Greetings Mr.Clean
Welcome.... quick warning about V.Africana : it contains some toxic alkaloids and to my (uncertain) knowledge it would have to be extracted in order to get the desired alks in sufficient qty while 'losing' some of the toxicity in the remainin stuff. Just be very careful, I know there are teks online about extracting from V.Africana I'll try to dig some up and post them in pharmacology..again welcome aboard!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:40:09 AM »
Cal & Tia:

Thanks to both for your responses.  Since I haven't figured out how to reply to each of you separately, (I'm a noob to this; please bear with me.) I will make it a 'package deal'.

Cal:  I have seen very little on the subjective effects of V. africana root bark.  What I have seen ranges from good to real, real bad.  I have some root bark on-the-way and was contemplating a TA extraction.  Saw your extraction post and it looks good, thanks. 

My very tentative plan is to see what the TA does first.  My concern is a possible cross tolerance effect w/ Ibo.  It has been my experience and observation that repeated doses of ANYTHING leads to the acquisition of 'coping' mechanisms that reduce the intensity of the experience.  IF the V. Africana "packs a hella hangover" as I have heard somewhere or another (heh) AND the TA yield is substantial, the next step would be to convert to Ibo.  I gots me a long way to go...

Tia:  Thanks for your detailed response!  I do NOT want to encourage you, but any lady who smokes cigars is K00L in my book!  When you're ready to quit them, I WILL encourage you.  I had never been able to cut-down or regulate my habit for more than a little while until I started using it orally  --  the ship-of-the-desert frost flavored pouches are quite tasty (no overt product placement for swine tobacco companies from me  --  is that one hump or two?).

I went to 2 stop smoking classes and a hypnotist to quit smoking and actually quit for a year.  Then, I started cigars.  Shoulda told the hypnotist "stop smoking tobacco"  --  instead I told him "stop smoking cigarettes."  There are certain things (ahem) that I never intend to totally quit smoking.

I fully intend to experience Ibo, even if I have to make it myself.  Been doing lotsof (heh - couldn't resist) research on the subject.

The Spirit is without doubt THE most important thing in my life, now that my children are on their own and succeeding.  Going to a clinic and spending big money for treatment, even if I could afford it, just doesn't cut it for me.  It would be like paying to go to a peyote meeting or paying to go to the Dalai Lama's Kalachakra initiation.  For me, it just ain't what I'm looking for.

Been giving some thought to who would be good sitters and came up w/ two likely suspects.  Both close, long-time friends.  One a pharmacologist, for the scientific slant.  The other a member of the Native American Church, for the spiritual side.  Have you ever heard of a sitter doing a small stimulant dose to remain vigilant throughout the night and get on the same 'wavelength'?  And what about 'hitch-hiking'  (i.e. sensitive sitters feeling the effects just by being close by)?

I live in a fairly secluded & quiet natural setting, close to Madison, Wisconsin.  A great place for voyageurs to do their traveling...

I have spent a few nights in a tepee sitting tailor-style for the entire night, as I do with ayahuasca or anything else I partake in when doing serious work  -- at least until the effects wear off.  Think I should envision myself sitting through an Ibo session?  If I am going to send energy to my future self, it helps to visualize myself in that situation.

Thanx again to you both, it's past Bonzo's bedtime (yawn).

Peace, love and understanding 2 u & yours!

MrClean

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:49:45 PM »
"Have you ever heard of a sitter doing a small stimulant dose to remain vigilant throughout the night and get on the same 'wavelength'?  And what about 'hitch-hiking'  (i.e. sensitive sitters feeling the effects just by being close by)?"

Yes, and yes. :)
The second query I have personally experienced, it's actually quite intense, almost palpable.
The experience is in 'stages', I clearly felt the transitions, most particularly, as did my husband.
Also, getting into territory that some pooh-pooh, there are many presences that attend an Ibo session. A sensitive sitter will notice this as well.

"Think I should envision myself sitting through an Ibo session?  If I am going to send energy to my future self, it helps to visualize myself in that situation."

This question was important to me, as well, pre Ibo.
You will not be sitting, lol. You will be LAID OUT! Ibo is very, very powerful. This is just my humble opinion, but the best meditative stance would be surrender. Trust Iboga. I have been a participant in some traditional healing ceremonies as well, Iboga is nothing like Peyote, Ayahuasca, Salvia or anything. You will be changed, no two ways about it. Trust and surrender, and a willingness to have your ego forcibly but with pure helpful intent removed for you. It's huge. :)

As for having two sitters, excellent idea. If your pharm person also has a sphygmomanometer, that's an important stat to measure. What does your BP usually run? You can get a sphyg fairly cheap at most chain drug stores. Iboga will raise your BP, and if you are anxious, it will raise even more. Which ties back in to 'surrender' most assuredly.

I want to mention that for me, being given the choice to get rid of this body happened a couple times on my journey. Perhaps be prepared for that, and be prepared to make that choice.

Talk soon,
Tia

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
Hi Tia!

Enjoyed your response mucho  --  seems we share some of the same wavelengths.

Far be it for me to pooh-pooh the pooh-pooh-ers or anything, but I suspect that they may possibly be totally full of pooh-pooh.  (heh)

I have experienced it too many times to doubt.  And I have seen others get a 'contact-high' and I suspect that most did not realize what was happening to them.  I think it's partly a question of being observant and knowing thyself.  Leaving the door of perception open is the other requirement.

The information on "stages" and "transitions" is very interesting.  From the rest of your post, I expect that you would say to let them freely come and go  --  to follow the Eboka  -- instead of the initiate or sitter attempting to direct them.

The "presences" that you speak of are outside the realm of my experience, and I would like to hear more, if you're comfortable doing so.

When I pray, I do not pray to a father god with a long white beard sitting on a throne.  In my small and crusty mind, deifying the male principle has led religions into some very negative territory.  Praying to a female god doesn't solve the problem; it invites misunderstanding and prejudice of another type.

When I pray, I pray to The Spirit.  The Spirit that dwells in all living things.  The Spirit that hears our prayers and responds to them.  The Spirit that helps, teaches and heals.  The Spirit that has no body, mind, sex, qualities.  The Spirit that has all bodies, all minds, all qualities.

(Maybe I should have taken the blue pill instead  --  life would have been so much simpler.)

I would be interested in hearing about any pre-initiation prayers that you may use to communicate with the presences.

On the 'sitter' topic:

I just (yesterday) spent some time with a friend I hadn't seen in about two years.  A former OC & morphine addict, she is now on Methadone.  I was truly impressed that she now appears healthy and attractive instead of pallid and sickly as I recall her being.  We discussed Eboka and she expressed interest in getting off Methadone, too.

Do you think she would benefit from being one of the sitters at an initiation/treatment?  Think it would help allay any fears and enable her to center on the benefits?

Fixin' to Die:

WOW ! ! !    I have been giving your last paragraph a lot of thought.  I have recently been reading about the difference between the desire to rid oneself of egotism and selfish cravings and the 'desire for self-extinction'.  Seems to me that those addicted to perhaps any substance are expressing a desire for self-extinction.  Could it be that the decision to remain in this world (or not) is an integral part of the Eboka healing process?

You have my commendation for bringing up a scary subject and for not presuming to know what the answer should be for others.

Goodbye MrClean:

I don't like MrClean.  Been thinkin' 'bout offin' the bum.  He's not really ME.  Before I reincarnate, I was hoping to get some feedback re: my new persona.  What do you think about "Eon McKnight"?  Lemme try it on for size...

Your Pal in the Pooh-Pooh and in the Light,

Eon McKnight

Watcha think???

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »
Man, I like the new handle..it suits you!

What Tia said about 'choosing to leave' or not, is of huge consequence. I was speaking with a respected provider about this very subject and he was wondering how to 'deal' with it as well. Personally it did not come up for me, not during the flood anyway, but I am reminded of it's importance here. There is a book, I forget the author and am too lazy to google it, called "Death by Imagination" perhaps we should all scope this out?

You seem to have a working knowledge of plant medicine which is good - and to remark on your friend at the methadone clinic, I think it would be a great idea to have her present, she may learn something to her advantage. But so you know, in many experiences methadone is the most difficult opiate to treat with iboga, it's long half life is a dirty trick. Same goes for Suboxone, and I wouldn't even think about trying to use it for LAAM/ORLAAM patients, I would that they got on a shorter acting opiate for a week or two first.

Sorry to be short but battery life is crap on this laptop..thanks for sharing!

PS>> fuck it, take the RED pill... ;D

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
Hiya Cal,

As you may have noticed, I have been reincarnated.  After riffin' on the MrClean handle, I was tempted not to change.  Squeaky B. Clean and Squeakster were fun & cute, but not me.

I found the following:

http://www.mind-body.info/Contents/IMAGINATION/DEATH/Death_Basic_Intro.html

when searching for "Death by Imagination".  It's probably not what you were referring to, but VERY interesting.  And VERY SCARY, too.  I had second (and third,etc.) thoughts about posting the link.  Denial, however, does not make scary things go away; it just hides them until we least expect, when they come back and bite hard.

The above link was from a site titled "Mind-Body Info" provided by Gary Bruno Schmid, a psychotherapist.  On the intro page:

http://www.mind-body.info/indexx.html

he cites his own book "Death by Imagination:  The Secret of Psychogenic Death Cases", which unfortunately is in German:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3211834095/qid=1133641170/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6867691-2259858?s=books

Maybe it is the one you were referring to.  How's your German?

Mr. Schmid says:

"Indeed, information, socially conditioned in the context of voodoo and tabu practices, can even kill an otherwise healthy individual...  But if the power of imagination can end an otherwise healthy life, imaginative healing methods can just as well - under the proper conditions - rescue life from even a deadly (mental or physical) illness."

He has a page titled "Mind Boutique" dedicated to "... information and exchange on questions of alternative, complementary and natural methods of medicine relevant to the interplay between mind, body, and society." that is pretty much empty.   Wonder what he will think when he receives the pkeffect link I'm sending???

I'm glad you mentioned the problems w/ methadone and LAAM/ORLAAM, though it was not something I wanted to hear.  Are there MDs out there who would help prepare someone for Eboka treatment by weaning her/him off of methadone and prescribing short-acting opiates prior to treatment?  I doubt if her clinic would be able to do something like that.

To the Grail and All Ye in Quest Thereof!

Yer Pal,

Eon McKnight

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned the problems w/ methadone and LAAM/ORLAAM, though it was not something I wanted to hear.  Are there MDs out there who would help prepare someone for Eboka treatment by weaning her/him off of methadone and prescribing short-acting opiates prior to treatment?  I doubt if her clinic would be able to do something like that.

Very good questions man. I know physicians in Europe will do this flat-out, and I imagine if someone is 'lucky' enough in the States to come across a doctor with ethics and an open ear, they may be treated fairly...never forget, your life and your health are YOUR decisions and if weening off methadone is essential to your needs, do so with whatever you have at your disposal - mind you, I'm not saying go shoot smack, this is within reason- and with the ultimate goal of sustaining freedom from drug dependence. Methadone by no means is impossible to treat thus, it just presents difficulties that need to be considered. Titrate the dose down as low as can be, most providers prefer the 30mg/day regimen as this is more readily workable than the larger dosing, another factor in methadone is the acute w/d phase lasts so much longer than say, vicodin or oxycontin. So sometimes a provider will up their protocol to accommodate these needs. Up from like 15 mg/kg to 20mg/kg, just for example...

Good points, and re-welcome to you good sir! I do like your style. My German sucks, but those are great links! Thank you, yes that is the book, I thought it'd been translated. ~C

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »
My undying gratefulness (haha*) to Timothy Truman for his wonderful artwork!

I had to crunch his "Spiritual Warrior" painting to get it to fit.  Below is the biggest size I could fit into a post (after some cropping).

His galleries:

http://www.trumanstudio.citymax.com/page/page/3411949.htm

His page:

http://www.trumanstudio.citymax.com/page/page/1764173.htm

Credit where credit is due.  --  McKnight

* Mr. Truman did a bunch of Grateful Dead artwork.