Author Topic: Iboga treatment provider Sara Glatt facing arrest warrant!  (Read 15746 times)

Offline Amantine

• View Profile
Iboga treatment provider Sara Glatt facing arrest warrant!
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:32:03 AM »
Dear members,

yet another unpleasant news from the world of iboga treatment providers. After a tragic accident, which lead to the death of a man, one of the best well-known iboga treatment providers, Sara Glatt, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands is facing an arrest warrant. More details about the accident here

There is a petition, in which the accident is also partially explained - you can sign the petition here.

I hope we can collect enough signatures to help Sara!

Some people posses all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Iboga treatment provider Sara Glatt facing arrest warrant!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
Uuuughhh... :-(

Thanks for posting this - I hadn't heard about it yet..  The link provided isn't really specific, and doesn't say anything about any death's or arrest warrants - do you have any more information?

And also.. There's been a lot of discussion lately about flooding alone - and other safety issues concerning Ibogaine.. And I think that things like this should be a reminder to people.  There is a reason we put forth such safety guidelines on this forum - and this is a prime example.  Ibogaine is a powerful, and potentially deadly, dangerous substance.  While there is much to be gained from it - and it has probably done vastly more good than harm - it should never be underestimated and always treated and utilized with the utmost safety.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline achtwan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:53:12 AM »
amen to that.

hope everything works out ok for her.
raise your fears and cast them all away...

Offline Amantine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »
There is little information on the Internet about the situation Sara is currently in, but I have corresponded with her recently and she told me about the unfortunate situation.

As I said, this unfortunate event took place this March, at Sara's house near Amsterdam, where she has been carrying out ibogaine treatments for over 10 years now. She usually has between 2 to 4 people a week - her kids are helping her, as well as some volunteers, most of them recovered addicts.
The guy was from Switzerland and he was suffering from alcohol dependency. Soon after the detox session (something like 24 hours later), he was very moody and aggressive. The line was drawn when he started shouting at Sara's youngest daughter and soon after that he wanted to leave the house and be transported to a hotel nearby. Although, Sara did her best to talk him out of it, as far as she told me, he was very persistent, so at the end, she didn't have any other choice but drive him to the hotel. You can't make somebody stay against their will. Even hospitals are not able to withhold patients, who want to leave against medical advice.
Then she went back home, to take care of the other people, undergoing ibogaine treatment, but made a guy, who was volunteering to help her out, to go check on him at the hotel.
As far as I am told, the unfortunate person seemed OK that evening - he was drinking Coke in the lobby's bar and said he was fine.

And the rest of the story...well....he died on the highroad - nobody knows whether he was hitchhiking and trying to get to Amsterdam, or whether he was too confused or...anything for that matter.
The fact is, he is dead. My deepest condolences for his family, I can't imagine what it's like to go through something like that.

And the other fact is, that now Sara is facing arrest warrant and I really don't believe that anything she did was wrong - situations like that have had happened in her practice many times. People leaving too soon for various of reasons, but later on coming back or at least contacting her. During my stay at her place in February this year, there was a couple that left, because they thought the treatment doesn't work, but came back two days later, seeking to continue it. She did what she does every time, but unfortunately this particular case ended with the worst case scenario.   
Some people posses all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is Sarah Glatt's association with Iboga World, if any?

This is scary to me not for the personal sake of 1 person but it seems this has but the holy father iboga in legal dire straights.  I am worried as the Netherlands functions as our hub gateway towards gathering the healers.

I pray but mainly for the overal cause.

It is obvious she did what she could and the results were of predetermined origins of which her karma played but a minor role in the abusive man's death.  The risks of treating those that need it most are like fire and brimstone and only the most serene streams from the mothers lush abodes can touch these hardened souls.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is Sarah Glatt's association with Iboga World, if any?

She initiated Iboga World to be able to get this medicine to a wider population, this is how I understand it. I could be wrong, but I know that Sara has a major place in IW. If not as the founder then as a huge supporter.

The risks of treating those that need it most are like fire and brimstone and only the most serene streams from the mothers lush abodes can touch these hardened souls.

Amen...

I pray for Sara , her family, and for the man and his loved ones also.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

RavAv

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
Sara Glatt
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:05:46 AM by VaVar »

Offline timerap

• Read Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
Is Sarah Glatt a 'treatment provider' or a psychedelic drug subculturalist ripping off the sick and lame for thousands of Euros?

Read On:

Description of Glatt’s “treatment center’ and details of several unreported deaths at her facility.

The following article, entitled ‘Tripping in Amsterdam, describes Glatt’s
Treatment Center:
See: http://www.clicker.com/tv/wasted/Tripping-in-Amsterdam-144204/
‘Sara's house' is a business in Holland run by Sara Glatt - self
proclaimed "Iboga Mother" offering a safe place for 'natural trips' and
shamanic drug rituals. Her title, Iboga Mother refers to the drug Ibogaine,
which is commonly used in her residence for the treatment of drug addiction.
An Ibogaine trip is compared with a waking dream, in which "childhood
memories flicker through the mind like movies", but is not the only drug
available on the menu. Sara has 5 kids (from 5 to 17), and grows
peyote in one greenhouse (her 15 yr old son in charge of two ninefoot
Cannabis plants in the other).  Although drug addicts seek treatment
at Sara's house and can often be cured of their addiction, the business
also actively promotes the 'Day Trippers' visiting for that alternative
holiday in their heads. Over the course of a week, we follow the progress
of regulars and first timers looking to kick their habit, alongside the family
developments and a business struggling to survive. People travel from all
over the world to see Sara, as she is often seen as their last chance to deal
with their addiction, but they often bring baggage into the house in terms of
violent behaviour. Within the rural setting of her household, we discover a
number of characters, and their personal journeys and stories of addiction, and
often abuse. Set in rural Holland, the chaotic household reflects a struggling
family business campaigning for the positive effects of natural drugs alongside
the jarring imagery of a 'family' business consumed by them. Sara offers a
convincing argument for the widespread usage of natural highs, but
what sort of example will their own family model portray?

The following reportage is from an individual who underwent ‘treatment’ with Glatt
See: http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-187.html
Iboganaut 02-26-2005, 09:36 PM
“I spent about $2,200 for a trip to Amsterdam, iboga treatment (as much as you
need) a week stay in the providers home (own room if desired), all the cannabis
I could smoke, mushroom tea,  and bedside care periodically throughout the
process. All this was included in the price. The providers name is Sara Glatt and,
although it seems like a lot of money...”

Details of several unreported deaths at Glatt’s Treatment Center.
See forum discussion: http://www.mindvox.com/pipermail/ibogaine/
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:34:36 +0000
Subject: [Ibogaine] Treatment Fatality Rate
Hi Sara, it's interesting that you'd say that. haven't you personally had several
unreported deaths at your treatment center, including at least one that I'm aware
of in the last 12 months?  Also not reported. I wonder why you'd make a statement
like that in light of your own personal and very extensive experiences.
I wrote this message last fall, so far I don't see anything getting better, about the
only thing that has changed is there are a lot of new people who have shown up
in the very near past who have gotten ibogaine somehow or learned to extract it,
taken it a few times and not died and so decided ibogaine is safe and are spreading
misinformation and opinions disguised as facts. My opinions are about the same
as when I wrote that message last fall. Please note that I've been reading your
messages for years Sara and have much respect for
you as both a person and a provider, but wonder why you'd say something
which doesn't sound very true at all and can't possibly be accurate even
based on your own personal experience. How many people who spend
years of time doing IV drugs or smoking crack or crystal meth would
qualify as "healthy" what's healthy mean exactly without any medical
testing how do you or anyone else know?
In your comparison you are also listing a lot of other psychedelic plants, most
of which as far as I know are not going to kill you if you take too high a dose,
whereas ibogaine will, at least to the best of what I know and what's been
written about it by more or less everyone involved in the ibogaine world for a long
time, be that scientific papers or articles on ibogaine.org or mindvox.
Love KV

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:50:29 +0200
Subject: [Ibogaine] Treatment Fatality Rate-
Krista, It is good to know that you are thinking that way, no one asked me if it was
true or not, people just invent bullshit! who gave you this information? I really
need to know. if anyone would have died here in treatment then I will not able to
hide it, here is not Mexico or Africa, it is not a third world country, the police will be
all over the place and I will not be able practice,or run away, especially not with my
kids who live here with me. It is shame that people in the USA think that way about
Europe. all the best, Sara

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:53:11 -0600
Subject: [Ibogaine] Treatment Fatality Rate-
For what its worth I have heard that Sara had a death at her place as well,
from someone who I totally trust and who is in a position to know. If
Sara is denying it then it really just becomes one more of those situations where
people in the ibo community can't seem to agree on what the truth is. It
used to surprise me how many of these "disagreement" situations there are, but it
just doesn't anymore. Since I don't know firsthand, then yes I suppose it is gossip.
But as I said I completely trust the person who told me. I was actually thinking the exact same
thing that Krista was apparently thinking when I read Sara's post about the safety
of ibogaine. Just to be clear I don't think it's very dangerous to healthy people, but how do
you know if someone is healthy? And worse, prolonged Q-T is not something
a person is likely to know that they have. Every so often you hear about an
athlete dropping dead while participating in their sport. Usually theses cases are
attributed to prolonged Q-T. These are not unhealthy people and they die without
ever having consumed ibogaine. How many people with this condition are walking
around with it and don't know it? These are the apparently healthy people
who are at serious risk when they take ibogaine. In addition of course to
people who have more obvious health issues. Matt

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:37:04 +0200
Subject: [Ibogaine] Treatment Fatality Rate
that person was dancing at my home 36 hours after she was admitted to the
hospital by an Ambulance which I had called for her, She even refused to go
with them, but I could NOT take responsibility for her. in previous email here,I
was writing about Iboga, not Ibogaine. it is 100% natural and has been used for
healing for thousands of years, if it was so deadly I'm sure that people would not do
that. you can twist what I'm writing anyway you like it, but it will not change the reality.
If anyone would have died here because of my neglect or wrong doses I will not
be still practising and having a permission to do so from the inspector of the Dutch
health ministry. the only person who has an clear idea what has happened here is
the health inspector and not a journalist. with 6-12 people a month being treated
here I would not see any reason to be
passing judgement on my practises. Regards, Sara

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:48:36 +0200
Subject: [Ibogaine] [Fwd: Re: Treatment Fatality Rate-]
Hi Matt, you are mixing up two people, the person who you thinking about now, is
a few years back, and didn't suffer from a Q-T but from a brain tumor,which was
too big to be removed at that point. but the person himself didn't know it, we found
that out after the autopsy report came out. He saw his death in the iboga
trip and told that to his wife who was here detoxing at the same time.
the guy was already eating and walking around in the garden, he was in day five
of the treatment, and didn't complain about anything,he was suppose to go to
an hotel in Amsterdam a day later, to have a good time with his wife. so even if he
would have been in the best clinical setting in the world where they would check his
heart and liver all the time, they wouldn't have found a brain cancer, before or after
the treatment, unless they would do an MRI. a Doctor would only do an MRI if there
is a reason to, and not before a drug detox. anyway this person didn't have any
money, his wife's family paid for it because they didn't want him to OD again in
their house, which happened few times before the Ibo. treatment.
well, tell me which Ibogaine provider does MRI test for every client? before giving
them a treatment? please don't hesitated to ask me directly. all the best, Sara

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »

Surely there has to be a cut off time when a person is no longer responsible for their customer.
Whats the difference between someone getting drunk round town on alcohol - if they got ran over on the way home, nobody would be chasing up all the pubs that served them booze.
As adults we are responsible.

And the last post - An MRI scan? Have you any idea how much they cost. Most people seeking treatment are broken, vunerable and skint. That would take away any option. Its expensive enough as it is.

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
timerap

why are you on this forum when your are obviously anti - iboga
and have a grudge to pick with sara glatt

this is a forum for people who see iboga as a powerful healing tool

why are you here

and why was this your first post
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline rho

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
I'm a little bit confused by your post timerap - your comment is against Sara, but the quotes actually put her in a good light. How can you find fault in her when one of her clients died from a brain tumor a few days after treatment? Are you implying that the visit with Sara caused this man to grow a tumor in his brain in a matter of days and died immediately afterwards?

If you have a legitimate criticism based on verifiable facts I am all ears. Your post seems more like confused anger to me... Did you or someone you know spend thousands of euros and feel ripped off afterwards? If you think it's a ripoff then don't pay and don't go there. Some people think it is worth the money, let them do as they please.

Offline Jox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
*********************OCCUPY WITH PSYCHEDELICS and REASON************

One who hasn't done psychedelics can't be reasonable.

This is hard fact for those in our society who want to call themselves as reasonable heads, when they are WITCH HUNTERS, as the best, and sociopaths as the worst... as they don't see the PROGRESS of society as a MUST....

Spending time of police and arrests, because someone got hit by a truck????? What kind of drug does one needs to be so nuts?????

Instead of having doctors, biologists, botanists, agriculturists.... and the rest of science do what they should do:

- make a technology for a safe and good quality treatment?

BASED ON HISTORY OF SUCCESS by amateurs, or us, experimenting....

and spending our time in what we are not actually trained to do (at least I am not train chemist, doc, agronomist...)

Wouldn't it be perfect to just to go to the provider, or shop, and get good quality product, with a good and safe instructions....

BUT NO. lets be nuts, as politicians are, and do nonsense and KEEP making the society SIKC

puffff......
JOX

ps
Just after posting this, I read this:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2011/11/201111211444824612.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:07:58 PM by Jox »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:34 AM »
Timerap is obviously like many of the people on the mindvox list, looking to discredit another provider, probably for his/her own personal gain.  Sara has saved many lives and if someone goes off and gets hit by a car, especially against the advice of their provider, then that is their choice.  As stated, one can't lock people up at a treatment center, they can only offer the best advice and allow the person to choose.  Sara does everything in her power to help people, and because some people refuse to do their part, it's not her fault.  Much respect to Sara and best wishes in her legal trouble, and the continuation of her healing efforts!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:41:00 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 05:27:01 AM »
Amen GD , Amen .
shes a hero and a friend .
the light will win .
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:33:06 AM by harveyplex »

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 05:46:40 AM »
Yo Timerap
 mindvox as a reference , thats a joke ( personal opinion ).
Mindvox Sucks ( personal opinon again ).
It reminds me of a lurking bullpen of backstabbing providers .
waiting ..........lurking ...............their tounges as knives and they cut each other in front of you .
refering to it as you did is like citing a tabliod as a reference .
Thats how that mindvox car drives too often .
Wikipedia is more factual .
go write for a tabloid rapboy .
oh yeah , mri test , you must be kidding .
johnny b goode couldnt have said things better .
Go Home ( or go to africa and tell them what they arent doing right - maybe ask them where to get that MRI test at )

ps . please excuse me for not being able to be above such behaviour as i criticize .
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:11:50 AM by harveyplex »