Author Topic: IRC Chat Support + Web Based Clients  (Read 5223 times)

Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
IRC Chat Support + Web Based Clients
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:28 AM »
If you have never used IRC before or are just too lazy to install a proper client, you can choose one of the options below.

* Note: All web clients listed below will open in a new pop-up window to allow you to chat and continue to browse the web at the same time.

Listed in order of ease of use:

* Note: Sometimes the initial connection with the Java client fail. If so, just leave the client open and hit the Connect button again.

Main IRC Information

Listed below should be all the information one needs to join us for real-time communication via IRC.

• SERVER :: irc.bluesphereweb.com
  • PORT(S) :: 6667 (normal), 6697 (ssl), +6697 (The + is needed for ssl for mIRC clients only)
  • CHANNEL(S) :: #eboka, #help

Extra Information

ChatZilla - IRC Addon for FireFox.

Wikipedia IRC Clients - Huge list comparing most of the IRC clients.

Basically you want to find your operating system and look through the clients to see which might fit you best. If you are unsure just ask. Hope this helps some of you. This post will be updated and edited as needed.

And finally, here is a link to IRC help.

*Note Some school and workplace firewalls prevent people from joining, we are working for ways to get around that. Also, the clients will be undergoing makeovers in the next few days. Stay tuned.

---pkeffect
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:06:44 PM by pkeffect »
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me