Author Topic: 1st Time Extraction? Read this first!  (Read 11407 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Time Extraction? Read this first!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 03:13:19 AM »
Thanks Nobu, I think taking it more gradually actually helps ease into it and cause less puking.  I ate 4g of bark to day for a nice buzz, but I am going to do 85/15 pure alkaloids (85% ibogaine/15% other alkaloids) and gonna go for 20-25mg/kg to see, then if not totally rocked, I have bark and a gram or two of iboga world TA, so I will make it this time, buddy, for sure!!  No subtances really to kick this time, so I am thinking it may really work a little better, but I am not stoppin with less than what I really am after.  Thanks for the advice!!

Respect!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline WindowLicker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
I' will start a new thread entitled 'the 100g rootbark extraction', (seeing how old this thread is). But I found several remarks,comments ,ect that I either would like to reply to or have the poster elaborate as to what they mean or could do better,ect...
Anyways lets start with the amount..100 grams of iboga rootbark.

- First I can see why using HCl or muratic acid would do a better job than the acetic acid or vinegar would. Especially if vinegar was used and not actual acetic acid of lab quality. 5% solution of the HCl takes more hydroxide (-OH) solution to precipitate all the alkaloids.
- I was wondering why again a weaker hydroxide is being used to bese the 100g. acidified RB solution?  Is it Dr. Jenks way of being environmentally friendly and at the same time assuring all the chemicals needed remained 100% OTC? (over the counter)? 
-Could one use Sodium hydroxide (100% lye) or potassium Hydroxide (potash) to precipitate the TA alkaloids, or are there byproducts left behind from the use of these two more commonly used bases?
-It's a simple A/B extraction to get out the TA precipitate so going wrong seems like an unfortunate result for anyone. Especially if your well versed in pulling the goods from any plants be it A/B or STB or alcohol (methanol) extraction.
Roughly $449 dollars for 100 grams of this Iboga so I'm gonna be using HCl and Ammonia just because I dont want anything lame like me using Lye to leave beind any NaCl (salt).
-Besides doing the extractions in 50 gram batches , what advice would any of you who've succesfully extracted and further purified their Iboga bark into it's purest form Ibogaine Hcl? Heck I'll take any advice pertaining to any pitfalls that this sacred plant tends to exhibit during it's extraction to any of the forms ,TA,PTA,or HCl.

I find GratefulDad's posts to be particularly personally noteworthy to me as we both share roughly the same amount of time (8years) of addiction to the same type of opiates. First (pods,perks,oxys,to smoking heroin).This I did for 4 years.  Then to synthetic opiods (4 yrs methadone maintenance). I never could get lower than 24mgs tapering and am now awaiting my bark and plan to switch over to smallest possible heroin smoking coupled with hydrocodone 10's.
If I try to taper off in the reverse fashion (hydo then heroin) I'll wind up experiencing too much painful withdrawals.
As anyone who's done methadone knows that hydrocodone cannot bind to the opiate receptors currently still being occupied by the methadone. 
Even though the standard dosage for the complete blockage of any/all/most opiates with methadone is 80mgs. Even at my dose of 39mgs, vicoden wont even begin to ease, in any type of way, the opiod withdrawal symptoms methadone produces.

ecent information has shown that the RB that goatboy extracted was NOT T. iboga.  While that information certainly undercuts my message to neophyte alchemists, I nevertheless think that there is some good advice and warnings in this topic.  As long as T. iboga remains illegal in the US, we will have to contend with stuff like this. 

What the heck was it and any vendor thats pushing fake or the outer bark layer should have all possible customers warned of this type of unethical self centered business dealings. If you want to call it that. More like straight up burning people.

Start your TA doses at 34mg/kg body weight and work up!

Bliss!

This conversion gets me confused sometimes.... So if I weigh 210lbs, how many kgs do I weigh? (210 divided by 2.2?) and once thats established whats to correct way of determining the proper dosage, multiplying my kg weight by 20-35mgs?

I know I've got alot more to ask/say but I'll stop here and see if any responses are posted. I've noticed this forum is still a rather small community. Must be the 'E' in eboke.info thats keeping it off of the major search engines radar. This is good IMO.
We ex-bee's remember what happened to the hive and poor strike.
Not that the two forums share anything in common except for potentially harmful information. The hive had alot of dangerous recipes being posted as fact towards the end. They were posted mainly by meth cooks who had no intention of making honey(MDMA).
This forum contains possibally dangerous information to certain government entities, pharmecutical entities, methadone lobbyists, suboxone doctors, ect. ..The list goes on and on.
But by the feds lumping it in with the other schedule 1 hallucinagens and determining it as having no medicinal value, plus stating any further research into it's potential is too costly makes me really sick inside. I feel sad for my kids, because things today arent anywhere near like they were when I was growing up.
Drugs like meth, crack, and heroin are all revenue generators, population destabalizers, and legislation inspirers. 300 to 500 million dollars to bring a new drug to the market. Wheres the payback on a drug that isnt maintaining your addiction? They want u to live with their BS drugs like suboxone. How much research I wonder went into divising exactly how to couple it with the naloxone as a means of preventing diversion on the black market?   I'm sure alot.
Maybe some may have to take another ibogaine dose after the noribogaine makes its way out of your system. But thats 3 months later, after the PAWS is mostly over with.
No drug company wants anything to do with a cure. I love that video where the Doctor mentions the chemist who discovered the polio vaccine and gave it away for the betterment of his fellow man. WTF is wrong with the world we live in.....Capitalism = greed.
Anyways holler back

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
Using HCl will pull a better yield, and that is how I would revise the tek I wrote, thanks to Chris Jenks.  If using hydrochloric instead of acetic acid, then using ammonia is a better idea, because you'd be left with salt in the extract if you used sodium hydroxide.  Chris Jenks originally wrote his tek to make it as easy as he could for people everywhere to do it, and for the chemicals that are the easiest to acquire, and most widely available.

I wouldn't necessarily go for 34 mgs/kg of TA, especially if you don't know the strength or purity of your TA.  To figure out your dose, you take your weight in lbs and divide by 2.2 (or 2.21), and this gives your kg.  You multiply your kilogram weight, by the dose you want to take in mgs, and this gives you how many mgs you want to take.  For instance, if you are 210 lbs, you are 95 kgs, and if you want to take 20 mgs/kg, then you multiply 95 x 20 = 1900 mgs or 1.9 grams of ibogaine HCl.  With a TA, the other alkaloids also have effects similar to ibogaine, so you don't want to forget about them, although in most cases, you are going to take a much larger dose of TA, than ibogaine HCl.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."