Author Topic: post your diet!  (Read 10261 times)

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
Re: post your diet!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 06:07:24 AM »
years ago i substituted

rye for wheat

and

sheep or goats milk dairy for cows

the results were / are incredible
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:09:07 AM by JohnnyB.Goode »
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline Flickering

• Deep-space psychonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
I find there are as many variations on what we 'should and shouldn't eat' as you can imagine... according to one nutritionist we shouldn't eat wheat, from another starch, from another dairy, from another meat, and fruit, nuts, etc. ad infinitum.

At the same time, I don't think the enormous amount of preservatives and chemicals in our hyper-processed food can be good for us - and that's regarding 'decent' food you buy in the supermarket, like apples (that have been frozen for a year and pumped full of who wants to know what). Organic would be nice, but I don't trust what they label organic because fact is, it needs to be mass-produced, shipped, held on the shelf, taken home and THEN stored for a few days, and in all this time it doesn't expire. Eating true organic i.e. directly from the earth and free of pesticides would be ideal. Then of course there are the diseases that come with it, which strengthen the immune system if they don't kill you.

I hope to microdose soon... in preparation for that, and for the flood a week after, I will be taking on a minimalist diet. Fruit smoothies, water not milk. Vegetables lightly fried to soften for digestion, with only lemon to garnish. Nuts for an excellent source of protein, though to prevent stomach problems I'll be stopping this a day before the flood dose. Fasting from 18 hours before the flood. This diet will last me from tomorrow until probably two weeks from now. It will be part of my ritual approach to the iboga root, preparing the body by making it somewhat clean, and preparing the mind by disciplining it free of the sugar hit we're so accustomed to in the west. Will report back after the experience.
Any and all events described above involving substances such as ibogaine or mescaline took place in Peru, where they are legal.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:04 PM »

Hi Sky,

Glad your feeling well, health is a wonderful thing to have.  Oh, I checked you pots and did not see any pot in them.  That's ok for I know what it looks like.

Best to ya,

Roy

Offline olio

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:15 AM »
Many many leafy greens! Collard greens, kale, chard, lettuce. Lots of sprouts, many avocados, ridiculous amounts of bananas. I get 40lb boxes of  organic bananas and will eat it within a week. Tons of hemp seeds, I make smoothies with around 5-6 bananas, a few tablespoons of hemp seeds, hemp protein, maca powder, spirulina, ginger.
I feel amazing eating like this, I try to avoid cooking my food as much as I can, working at an organic, raw vegan restaurant helps a lot to keep me on track.

Offline fractal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
I was quite sick years ago with some serious digestive disorders..and drinking alot of ayahuasca in combination with a raw vegan diet helped alot. I still eat that diet and I never drink tap water. I only drink wild spring water..collecting it every other day etc is some work but I live near one and it is worth it..

I first cut out all grains completely..I am gluten intolerant as well..dairy went out as Im lactose intolerant and never felt great on diary anyway..I tried organic buffalo meat and chicken fish etc for a while becasue I tested allergic to beef also..but finally I cut out all meat and just began eating raw fruits and veggies, some nuts and seeds and some cultured raw foods as well. I did periods of juice feasting also. This all helped so much and it has been 18 months like this full time now. Occasionally I will eat a steamed potatoe with a bit of olive oil and fresh rosemary but that is like my cheat food. Mostly I live on lots of fruit, smoothies, huge salads and dehydrated raw foods my gf makes-my gf was a raw food chef for a few years so I have raw vegan organic pizzas and basically anything else you can imagine she can make totally raw and vegan. We eat tons of fresh herbs too..and I got really into wildcrafting so we eat alot of wild foods from the area.

This is honeslty the best diet I have ever been on. I tried all kinds of weird low carb diets, high fat diets etc..none of them worked. I eat as much as I want to now..as much carbs as I want but only from fruits never refined sugars..and I feel great doing this. I think people should just eat to feel great and dont think about what you need to cut out...just think about all the great stuff you can add to your diet and then eat more of that. You will feel great for it and your body will just know what to do with all of that stuff.

Offline olio

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »
I was quite sick years ago with some serious digestive disorders..and drinking alot of ayahuasca in combination with a raw vegan diet helped alot. I still eat that diet and I never drink tap water. I only drink wild spring water..collecting it every other day etc is some work but I live near one and it is worth it..

I first cut out all grains completely..I am gluten intolerant as well..dairy went out as Im lactose intolerant and never felt great on diary anyway..I tried organic buffalo meat and chicken fish etc for a while becasue I tested allergic to beef also..but finally I cut out all meat and just began eating raw fruits and veggies, some nuts and seeds and some cultured raw foods as well. I did periods of juice feasting also. This all helped so much and it has been 18 months like this full time now. Occasionally I will eat a steamed potatoe with a bit of olive oil and fresh rosemary but that is like my cheat food. Mostly I live on lots of fruit, smoothies, huge salads and dehydrated raw foods my gf makes-my gf was a raw food chef for a few years so I have raw vegan organic pizzas and basically anything else you can imagine she can make totally raw and vegan. We eat tons of fresh herbs too..and I got really into wildcrafting so we eat alot of wild foods from the area.

This is honeslty the best diet I have ever been on. I tried all kinds of weird low carb diets, high fat diets etc..none of them worked. I eat as much as I want to now..as much carbs as I want but only from fruits never refined sugars..and I feel great doing this. I think people should just eat to feel great and dont think about what you need to cut out...just think about all the great stuff you can add to your diet and then eat more of that. You will feel great for it and your body will just know what to do with all of that stuff.
Amen. The difference it makes is unparalleled.

Offline Sym

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
some good Info on the raw vegan low fat diet may be had here

http://www.foodnsport.com/faq.php

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
Fat and cholestoral is good for the brain.  Much of the brain is made up of such.  Be careful of propoganda no matter in what costume it comes in.  Always look at all sides and know nothing is black or white.

Rainbows

Offline Sym

• View Profile
Re: Fats and the brain
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
I wouldn't call the 80-10-10 diet propaganda, but agree on the importance
of limited amounts of specific fats.
--------------
Some good supplements:

Omega-3 Vegetarian EPA-600 mg of EPA per softgel
http://futurebiotics.com/product/92
-----------
Vegan DHA -200 mg
http://www.nutraceutical.com/search/view_product.cfm?product_index=8004425
-----------------
http://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Products/Product_Details/514/?ProdID=1425
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 liquid - Fish oil
omega 3s = 1725 / teaspoon as follows:
EPA 825mg & DHA 550mg + other omega 3s
&  Omega 9 -oleic acid -290mg

---------------------------
some interesting info:

Survival of the Fattest: The Key to Human Brain Evolution - Stephen Cunnane -
ISBN-10: 9812561919
ISBN-13: 978-9812561916

----------------------------------
more interesting info:
http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/fats.html

"The puzzle of the big brain change involved scientists putting together pieces that at first look had no relation. The first piece of the puzzle involved discovering early human populations that demonstrated greater intelligence. They found evidence in the East African Rift Valley and on the southern Cape of South Africa. The second piece of the puzzle was the discovery that docosahexaenoic acid, (DHA), was a large contributor to brain growth. The third piece was the discovery that DHA was found in seafood. When scientists put all the pieces together they found that the early humans who lived near water sources and ate seafood experienced the big brain change!"

"Stone age women collecting shellfish could have easily provided themselves with a plentiful source of brain-specific nutrition, and their children would have naturally participated in exploitation of this extremely rich resource. There must have been enough omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids available in their diet to provide many generations with fuel for fetal/infant development as well as childhood and adult needs for the cardiovascular system and the brain.
In contrast, the inland Australopithecines did not have access to omega 3 EFAs and got stuck at a brain capacity that was not much bigger than a chimpanzee for three million years."
--------
"About two-thirds of your brain is composed of fats."
--------------
"Myelin, the protective sheath that covers communicating neurons, (in the brain) is composed of 30% protein and 70% fat."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:50:27 PM by Sym »

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »
Sorry for the miscommunication.  I was only saying that an all vegan diet (which I was doing for 8 years up 3 weeks ago) has just as much propoganda behind it as does meat based SAD diets.  I studied for about a year before realizing that fish/meat is healthier for me than an all vegan mostly raw diet.  But to each their own as individuals we are stronger than the "some" of our parts. 

Which is why I said:

Rainbows.  So we can look at all angles and sides in developing a healthy diet for the brain and body. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:13:55 PM by Kambogahuasca Panacea »

Offline Sym

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »
Kambogahuasca Panacea thank you for your kind replies.

I appreciate the concern you expressed in the first one,
and the gentleness in the second.

I am indeed taking a more moderate course at the moment.
Especially as the weather becomes cooler (and I believe the quality of bananas, at least on the East coast USA, has deteriorated.)
The raw diet did seem to work well as a cleansing diet following a short fast I did.

QUOTE:
"I was only saying that an all vegan diet (which I was doing for 8 years up 3 weeks ago) has just as much propoganda behind it as does meat based SAD diets.   I studied for about a year before realizing that fish/meat is healthier for me than an all vegan mostly raw diet. "

8 years, and a year of research is a very long time, you must have quite a story.