Author Topic: Iboga root, following by ayahuasca  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Flickering

• Deep-space psychonaut
    • View Profile
Iboga root, following by ayahuasca
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »
I've had a frustrating week. This was the day I'd scheduled, months ago, to be my first experience with ibogaine. I'm spending it doing nothing much.

Two reasons. Woke up with a cold on Tuesday, and figured I wouldn't be over it by Saturday. So I told work I would not be taking the week-long 'holiday' I had planned after all. Well, the cold is gone in record time.

Second reason. The one who generously offered to get me some iboga root (and psychotria viridis and B. caapi) reports that his brother is very sick and might not last the year. So I decided to postpone it anyway. Just seems tactless calling and asking for the stuff at a time like that, even if I did pay in advance and set aside a week to do it. I've emailed and texted him anyway, with no reply. That could either mean he's just being typically bad with his phone, or he has bigger worries - I can't tell.

All this leads to: it looks like I'll be doing ibogaine in two weeks instead. It would be next week, buuut, my tripsitter is out of the city this coming weekend. And it seems really rude to ask him to postpone. Perhaps if there's enough material, I will do a small, 5 or 6 gram dose to get better acquainted with the iboga essence. I wouldn't be so impatient, except I'm doing this for depression; there have been times in recent weeks where the only thing I could do to get through was repeat "Ibogaine soon" to myself, so this really sucks.

Anyway, I'm rambling with self-pity. The question I wanted to ask was... My tripsitter and I are planning on doing ayahuasca on April the 6th. Since my plans have been delayed, that will place the yage journey a mere five days after the ibogaine wears off. On the one hand, I've had people here counsel against doing LSD five days after the experience. Ayahuasca is an order of magnitude stronger than LSD; in my understanding it would be more like doing ibogaine again, but scarier. On the other hand, blasting myself with two medicinal entheogens might be what it takes to turn my life around, and I've heard of people doing exactly this to great results. On that first hand again, I have no experience with either substance.

SO, the question... what are your thoughts on this? Bad idea?
Any and all events described above involving substances such as ibogaine or mescaline took place in Peru, where they are legal.

Iboga Panacea

Re: Iboga root, following by ayahuasca
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
5 days if fine.  But not within 5 days.  5 days + following a flood.  If you are just microdosing with 3 grams or less than 3 days +

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

Hi Flick,

This is just me but the Ibo kicked my butt so bad I was straight for a month with nothing but maybe a little weed.  I would wait to you fully recover before going with something as heavy as ASY.

Best,

Roy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »
I wouldn't hit the Aya too hard 5 days after an iboga flood.  Perhaps a low dose of mushrooms, like a half to one gram or something, or VERY low dose of aya, but it's good to ride out the iboga for a week or two to let everything settle in. Spend some time getting grounded before getting ready for another powerful experience.  The iboga lingers and adds it's signature to everything, and when it's still very powerful, it will change the message from other things.  I think sometimes it's good to take each message alone, until you get very familiar with them, then start low and combine them to see how they interact.  I am pretty sure DMT and iboga is something many think aren't very compatible when used too close together.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Flickering

• Deep-space psychonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies... the general response there is "don't do it", so I probably won't.

At any rate it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. My supplier finally left a text to say he'd refund my money and get the stuff in 'a few weeks', which means never, on account of he's apparently spent the entire last month with his phone off at the bedside of his 'sick brother'. And for some reason, this means the iboga root that had by his last report almost arrived, never came.

Sorry, I'm normally more sympathetic, but... fuck. Really. Fuck.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:56:52 PM by Flickering »
Any and all events described above involving substances such as ibogaine or mescaline took place in Peru, where they are legal.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »
Ibogahuasca might work 5 days after.  No DMT just Caapi and root.  50g Caapi to 2 or 3 grams root(HP props/Nobu props).  That might be a better alternative to the Sarah Glatt 3 days after mushroom therapy.  Just my speculation as I have yet to put this post flood Ibogahuasca method into practice. 

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

Hi Flick,

Ya wanna tell who the supplier is, if not not big deal.  But not answering the phone...hmmm.  Yeah, if he does not refund the money - tell us please.

Best,

Roy

Offline Flickering

• Deep-space psychonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »
Sorry, I'd rather not. I've calmed down (I was pretty pissed off earlier and I let him know it over the phone) but he finally wrote back saying he'll try to get it to me sooner. He's a good guy, I don't believe he's ripped me off, I'm going to put it down to disorganisation to the point of rudeness.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
Good luck and good vibes Flick...just wanted to put that out there man. Hang tight, iboga really does have its own timeline - as nuts as it sounds, but I have seen it too many times to put it off as mere chance.

I agree with GD's post...familiarize yourself with the big dog plant teachers before doing another one on it's tail. I think mushrooms are a good idea post flood, a real good choice if one wishes to employ another psychoactive immediately. From my experience, (and even though mushrooms are a DMT) NN, DMT just doesn't seem to jive with iboga. I have done it a few times and it was uncomfortable. 'Sticky' seems like a good description, though that may make little sense unless one has tried it themselves. It was just yucky. But psilocybin in moderate doses does seem to have a nice effect. Whatever you choose, best wishes to you.  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."