Author Topic: Addictive Personality (fact or fiction and treatment protocal?)  (Read 3956 times)

Iboga Panacea

Looking for insight on this level.

The main question I have is based on the necessity to treat someone with larger amounts of Iboga for an addiction and less amounts for a psychospiritual experience.  That being said can anyone assess where the addictive personality lies in the treatment protocal?  It would seem they need to have the amount to completely break open the head as they have a hard time curbing their habits and are very likely to be prone to future addictions.  In that way a flood could prevent them from going downhill.  As far as I know the addictive personality is lumped together with the psychospiritual which to me is not fitting.  Anyone have a general idea?  Less is more or more is less I wonder. 

I believe I have an addictive personality and anyone that knows me for a while will see the thread running through my life through different paths.  I would like to break this root addiction with my next flood but feel I will have to take a much larger amount than I did previously when I was told I was under the psychospiritual category. 

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Addictive Personality (fact or fiction and treatment protocal?)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »
"In experiments seeking to understand the root causes of human addiction, UCSF scientists have discovered that male fruit flies turn to alcohol when female flies reject their sexual advances. When the researchers introduced male fruit flies to sexually receptive virgin females, the successful males drank very little alcohol. But when the females rejected their courtship efforts, the males drank to excess."
 San Francisco Chronicle March 17, 2012

LMAO.
"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
Oh i get it...
tryl is short for TROLLYiNG.

I was serious about this question and before the topic goes hay wire I return to the thread.  Some are not in this for fun and games.  Iboga is as serious as it gets.   

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »
Oh i get it...
tryl is short for TROLLYiNG.

I was serious about this question and before the topic goes hay wire I return to the thread.  Some are not in this for fun and games.  Iboga is as serious as it gets.   

no, it's not short for "trollying", rather for "get a job and get on with your life or go to a buddhist monastery and shut the fuck up already".

i'm soooo sick and tired of hearing about addiction personalities, breaking heads open, healthy lifestyles, psychospirituality, alternative medicine and that whole new age hippie crap.

yes, we all have addictive personalities, it's a very broad, general and elusive concept and part of human psychology and of being human in a 'civilized' society.

the fact that you consider what i pasted above trolling means you have very little understanding of what ibo is all about.

ever heard of evolution?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:05:42 AM by tryl »
"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:06:24 AM »
Play nice, kids.

I know tryl was joking, and really - that is a funny ass article.

But tryl - if you are really that sick of " hearing about addiction personalities, breaking heads open, healthy lifestyles, psychospirituality, alternative medicine and that whole new age hippie crap" what the hell are you doing on a board that focuses on most of those ideas?

I don't like new age hippie crap either, or rather, I have a low tolerance for what I deem 'New Age' stuff - but I don't see too much of that around here. Who peed in your Wheaties man? Take it easy dude. I know you weren't trolling - but the rest of that statement boggled me...most people coming to ibogaine are addicts as you well know, so where's the animosity coming from, on a board that discusses these very issues?

Let's cool off some, eh?
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »
Play nice, kids.

I know tryl was joking, and really - that is a funny ass article.

But tryl - if you are really that sick of " hearing about addiction personalities, breaking heads open, healthy lifestyles, psychospirituality, alternative medicine and that whole new age hippie crap" what the hell are you doing on a board that focuses on most of those ideas?

I don't like new age hippie crap either, or rather, I have a low tolerance for what I deem 'New Age' stuff - but I don't see too much of that around here. Who peed in your Wheaties man? Take it easy dude. I know you weren't trolling - but the rest of that statement boggled me...most people coming to ibogaine are addicts as you well know, so where's the animosity coming from, on a board that discusses these very issues?

Let's cool off some, eh?

well, mostly what i meant was that - at least from my observations - many people tend to get stuck in the "getting clean" phase instead of getting on with something constructuve, e.g. studies, a job, whatever.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Whatever tryl, it's not the first time.  Bygons. 

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
Whatever tryl, it's not the first time.  Bygons.

not the 1st time...?
do i know you?  ???

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »
no, i just recalled some gmo jokes you were previously making very reminiscent...lacking empathy, open mindedness more succinctly bye gones.

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
no, i just recalled some gmo jokes you were previously making very reminiscent...lacking empathy, open mindedness more succinctly bye gones.

seriously?
i thought you are the one lacking 'open-mindedness'...
people like you just flash around how open-minded they are, when they are actually just as square and narrow minded in their prejudiced idiocy as anybody else.

let me guess, you think GMO is a crime too, right?

and empathy is not something you demonstrate in online boards either..

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
I don't mean to make our interactions worse, swept under the rug.  I take whatever blame is necessary to move on, if I am needing to improve my communication and empathy than let this be an opportunity for me to do so. 

But that being said we have veered way off topic of something I was interested in and looking for some input.  When this happens I just delete the topic altogether usually.