Author Topic: whats the best aftercare for iboga opiate withdrawls???  (Read 3352 times)

Offline WindowLicker

• View Profile
whats the best aftercare for iboga opiate withdrawls???
« on: April 09, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
I'm feeling like a sack of rocks is in my pants pockets due to taking ibogaine to break my addiction. 
What are bio energetics and what ones should I get?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: whats the best aftercare for iboga opiate withdrawls???
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »
I am not certain about bio energetics, I hope someone else can comment on this for you. Taking 'adaptogens' like Rhodiola rosea or Ashwagandha may well help expedite feeling whole again. There is often a period of malaise after such a hard process, and it is (unfortunately) part of the process as a whole.

Things we usually do not want to do are the best ways to get the natural endorphin levels back up - exercise, even low impact stuff, stretching and walking are great and easy. A sauna is excellent - especially if you do not have the stamina to break a hardcore sweat via exercise - sweating bullets in a sauna will help speed things up. Hot showers, spicy food, all the things that make us feel ....we who have been so used to exogenous endorphin intake are not easily moved to feel things, and the hyper-awareness of our nervous systems being turned on all of a sudden, coupled with general iboga fatigue can be real difficult for some of us to deal with.

There are folks on here who know way more about fitness and these supplements than I do, so let's lend a hand friends.

I know the struggle. This too shall pass away. Peace, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:22:04 AM »
time. coffee. . or use hcl??

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »
After every time I have kicked opiates with iboga, no matter how little withdrawal or post acute withdrawal I have, it usually takes me at least 2 weeks before my energy levels really start to pick up.  I try to just eat well, get plenty of sleep, and try to keep low stress levels until my energy begins to pick up.  Feeling lethargic or sluggish isn't the most pleasant, but at least with iboga it's over much faster than any other method of kicking that I have ever tried.  Forcing yourself to get an exercise routine started and sticking to it is tough at first, but will help a great deal.  As for supplements or anything, I am not the most knowledgeable in that area.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline mycotheologist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »
I recommend trying l-theanine. Lethargy and sluggishness is a real pain in the ass. I've had it for years now (had it before I even tried opioids) and have yet to find a sustainable solution (opioids and amphetamines were good temporary remedies). I'm fairly sure its not just down to getting older because it started when I was around 21 (I'm 26 now). I went to an acupuncturist for the first time on Monday and by checking my pulse with her fingers, she seemed to know exactly what was wrong with me (she knew a wide range of minor ailments I have along with the drowsiness) so I'm optimistic that she'll be able to help me with this. I told her about my mild benzo withdrawal symptoms and she said she'll deal with them first. I don't know whether its coincidence or not but yesterday I felt good for most of the day and today, I have little or no anxiety or depression this morning.

If you wanna find out about supplements to accelerate your recovery and alleviate w/d symptoms, I recommend asking about it on this forum:
http://www.longecity.org/
people on that forum know about all kinds of novel supplements.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:16:22 AM by mycotheologist »