Author Topic: How much RB should I take  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Bayv

• View Profile
How much RB should I take
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
I'm planning on taking iboga for the first time in the near future. I have 25g of root bark, and I've been wondering how much of it should I take, and in what kind of portions. I don't have any drug addictions, so this is more of a "spiritual seeking" thing, so I've thought about 10-15mg/kg would be an appropriate dose for my first time. However, I haven't gotten a clear idea how much alkaloids RB, and how I should do the math. I'm male and have a body mass of 78kg.

Can somebody help me out with the calculations, please?

Offline honey

• View Profile
Re: How much RB should I take
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
i take about 1200 mg.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Completely up to you dude. I had a flood recently with two close friends (was their first time). We all flooded with around 23g of root bark each. I extracted the alkaloids with vinegar to produce a TA extract which was scarped up and put into capsules. We split the dose in half and took it an hour apart. We also took a few grams of the root bark before the flood (good to get one's system resonating with iboga before hand and check for allergic reactions if it's your first time) and when dosing with the TA to get the essence of the whole plant in there, and we saved a gram and half for booster doses after the flood. I've learned from personal experience that, for me, ingesting TA is much smoother on my system than ingesting the root bark in flood doses. I think root bark is great for microdosing but I don't have much desire to flood with it after experiencing TA a few times. My friends and I all had great experiences from this, and your first experience with iboga is a very special one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:46:24 AM by Bancopuma »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »
You can pretty much safely calculate 'commercial' rootbark at 5% alk content. So - 10g of rootbark equals 500mg of alklaoids. How much of this is actual ibogaine is anyone's guess - sometimes it's about half of the alkaloid content, sometimes more, sometimes less. This is why it is prudent to measure the full spectrum of active alkaloids as you would measure pure ibogaine hydrochloride. 500mg of mixed alks with even half of that as ibogaine is a nice stiff dose. The other actives in the 'mix' include other ibogoids like nor ibogaine (ibogamine), ibogaline, tabernanthine, etc. They are all  psychotropic and it's just good sense to measure these as you would the hcl. This keeps dosing easy and safe.

It depends what you want and where you wish to go - I recommend a small, light dose to familiarize oneself with the material, that way you have an idea of your sensitivity. Have someone with you if you decide to take anything close to flood levels.

" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline gloriadeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
hello Bayv

before i take people through the reset i ask the Wood how much each body is going to need.
i dowse to get in touch with the Divinity if the Wood - my own Divinity - and It informs each body how much is going to be needed for a reset.

if you would like me to do this for you or if you would like to know how to do this yourself please pm me.

"The art of the medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Offline Bayv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:56:55 AM »
Thank you all for your answers!

Offline evolutionofone

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »
Bayv, make an extract, don't flood with rootbark, it is very unpleasant in my experience & much harder on your body. Its just not neccessary to ingest all that wood.  RB is fine for boosters & microdosing, but for a flood using an extract is the way to go, unless you like feeling extremely sick for hours before you even purge.....and even after you purge your stomach is very uncomfortable for hours. Not to mention I had way worse ataxia with RB.  There is a very easy TA extraction posted here at eboka, you simply soak the root bark in vinegar 3-4 times, strain it, evaporate the vinegar & scrape up the residue. Here's the link:

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=7.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:36:19 AM by evolutionofone »

Offline gloriadeo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »
interesting. . .

i only know about taking the Wood (root-bark)
i know some people have trouble with it, but i love it. . the taste - and the fragrance of it. . 
i didn't purge. 
the Wood has taken root in me. 

i have seen many people go through an awakening using the Wood.  some have had a difficult time of it and for others it was a breeze - with all stations in between. . .

my instinct here would be to work with the Wood, and each body, asking each one the way to proceed; rootbark or extract.  from now on i will be accessing this information before taking people through a reset.

if someone has a problem with the bark and it is indicated for the reset then putting it into capsules is the way to go.

thank you, everyone.

"The art of the medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
Just keep eating wood until your comfy!  Puke a little bit, then, relax and enjoy the ride..  Try washing it down in handfuls, every 30-60 minutes, until you start getting major ataxia and visions, then just relax, lay down, learn and enjoy!  Prepare for you new beginning!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:41:18 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Bayv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »
I took it two days ago. I ate almost all of it in a few portions. Oh man.. I'll write a longer description of my experience later.

Yesterday, when the effects began to war off, I felt really really great. I went running to nature with my dog, and felt really connected to nature and the dog.

But today I've been feeling anxious, fearful and tired.. And the effects haven't yet disappeared, I feel a bit weird in an unpleasant way,

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »
Good stuff dude, but don't worry it is still very early days indeed. Can take you five days or so to really start soaring after a flood. But yeah nature, fresh air and exercise are great, as are good food, water, sunshine, all that good stuff. All the best!  :)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
But today I've been feeling anxious, fearful and tired.. And the effects haven't yet disappeared, I feel a bit weird in an unpleasant way,

This is likely just fatigue. Iboga is pretty demanding material and will wipe you out, no matter what the trip proper was like. It takes several days to re-assimilate and you may experience rapid cycling of emotions, etc.

Be good to yourself!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline gloriadeo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
basse, good Woodland brother.

it is all good.  stay with the Good Wood.  it is guiding you now.  just watch what is happening but dont attach to to any of it. 
its like the weather.  sunny today - rainy tomorrow! lol 

lots of support here on the Forum.

you are in good hands.  and yes, be good to yourself for a while.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
You'll also feel much better after getting a good nights rest.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Bayv

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
Your support has really helped, thank you. :)

I've been feeling better today, though I still feel clearly not-normal. I have a negative feeling that I've identified as the fear of not ever being loved. But the knowingess that I can do things now to make things better helps. I may have not lost my fears, but I can live with them.