Author Topic: staying sober after flood for extended period of time - noribogaine interactions  (Read 2822 times)

Offline mo

• View Profile

i wanted to share an experience i made now repeatedly, after my last two floods.
a couple of days after my last flood i went for a beer with my colleagues after work.
i remember posting about the effect here, it felt like it washed away the ibogaine/noribogaine
out of my brain.

this time around i stayed sobber for a couple of weeks, not making that mistake again, but then
i decided to take some dream herbs and while i was at it i also ordered some kanna. a couple
of days ago i took a pinch of kanna and in the evening i made a tea with kirkii.

and well, the same thing happened again - it feels like it washed away the effect of the
ibogaine/noribogaine.

note - i'm not saying that kanna/kirkii is not good, i have too little experience with it, and at least
with kirkii i am planing to work..

however, i now made the expereince twice that the state the neuronal network is in after a flood
is quite fragile and unstable when it comes to flooding it with mind altering substances. my brain
felt fresh and crisp before the alcohol/kirkii/kanna and duller/dimmer/foggier afterwards.

the first time it was just couple of days, the second time a couple of weeks. i am wondering if the
freshness/crispness of the mind would stabilise if only one would leave it untouched by mind
altering substances for a long enough time.

well - i'll find out the next time.. let me know what you think - if you have experiences with this ..

i am also wondering if it will return if i stay sober for a while, but it feels like it is gone - i'll report back
if it comes back..

in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Iboga Panacea

This is very crucial in my experience too.  Honestly this might be one of the most important things to know.  One beer even casually drinking like a week or 2 later can really effect the post glow in my personal experience as well.  I didn't drank one beer when I was a Rasta for 10 years.  But after my first flood only 4 days after I decided out of celebration to try drinking a nice organic beer with some friends.  I had to stop 1/4th of the way into it because of it causing me to feel so bad.  Now after my last flood same thing happened except 10 days later I drank a beer and same thing happened.  Because of this I am no longer going to drink alcohol other than in the form of tinctures.

I will make the odd note however that anytime from 3-7 days after I have Ayahuasca when I have 1 beer it brings the experience and visual fractal designs back.  So somehow it post synergizes with Aya. 

Very important thread IMO.  I will say that on a side tip, I have had great success with post flood microdosing.  Waiting 1 week afterwords then when I microdose again it takes much less and brings the learning up again.  I also then start up on my tincure and herb program again.

It was really interesting to me how my Yerba Mate'/Cacao/Guayusa tolerance got completely reset through my last flood.  That was a shocker.

Iboga, to me, is such a miracle the imprint of God on earth...proof positive.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
I know of providers who specifically use psilocybin mushroom teas as an adjunct post therapy. I have tried all kinds of things after iboga, some clumsy shit too - and alcohol is well known to arrest some of the properties of nor-ibogaine, so I do not think that is in question. Give it a few weeks before drinking - if you're inclined to imbibe alcohol.

Seems to me the tryptamines are the best fit for anything immediately following a flood. They do not take anything away and very often add to the afterglow. Perhaps with the exception of nn, DMT - and even this is fine, just need a few days rest before using it or else it is kind of weird and uncomfortable. But a few days after a flood DMT is very nice. All the DMT tryptamines will enhance the afterglow IME. Especially psilocybin/psilocyn.  ;)
" I am you and what I see is me..."