Author Topic: Buprenorphine addict wanting to stop.  (Read 2402 times)

Offline ? ?????????? ?

• View Profile
Buprenorphine addict wanting to stop.
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Hello everybody, I have been on subutex for about a year now (after being a heroin addict for a while) starting at about 3 8mg pills a day down to about a 1 and a half a day now. I never feel like myself. I recently was told how poppy pods will help me shorten the withdrawls and help me feel better while still dosing, and i ordered 1 lb now. I am planning on staying on these for a while while shortening my dose slowly till i have some paid time off at work and then dosing with iboga and finally trying to quit. I'm glad there is a community like this out here and i am happy to be here. Thanks everyone

Offline samjam

• View Profile
Re: Buprenorphine addict wanting to stop.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »
Hi there, welcome! I'm new here too. I recently tried iboga for crystal meth addiction and seems Mr. Iboga is doing a great job. :)  Wishing you good healing.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
Just a quick welcome is all I have time for, I would like to respond more later. Sometimes the place moves a bit slow, sometimes not, but there is always someone around.

Glad you're here. Your ideas are sound and I am sure you'll get more feeback. Always take your time with this kind of thing, it helps in the long run. Look forward to seeing you around, Cal  :)
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline evolutionofone

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »
Hello, I was on suboxone for close to a year myself, now been off a little over 10 months. You definitely should switch to a shorter acting opiate, pods etc for some time, I'd recommend at least 30 days if not longer before flooding with Iboga. I only switched for 2 weeks & it was not enough. There have been plenty of dicussions on this here as well, if you search for suboxone here you should be able to find plenty of helpful info, & there are at least a few people(myself included)here who have gone thru this with buprenorphine or methadone who will be happy to help. Don't stay on the subutex too much longer if you can avoid it, it sounds like you've been on a high dose as well. That stuff accumulates in your system over time & thats bad news.