Author Topic: A tale of a gentle flood  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Avendagold

• View Profile
A tale of a gentle flood
« on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »
I flooded last weekend and I wanted to recount my story.

I started by eating light for a week and avoided all drugs, including caffeine.  I fasted all day and did 5 dots of Kambo to help me purge.  I am 95 kg (210 pounds) and had only very minor effects from the Kambo but I did eventually go to the toilet and evacuate about 3-4 hours later.

When it came to the Iboga flood, I had been hoping to get a parcel with my Iboga TA and RB but unfortunately it didn't turn up.  I've been having difficulties receiving parcels even though these are legal substances in the UK.  Thankfully my sitter had some back-up RB and I decided to flood with 37 grams of this.

However, as I was to discover, RB is a bugger to into your system.  I had to swallow 74 capsules over 4 hours!  As I have a little problem with swallowing, I had to take a fair amount of water to get those capsules down (about 4 pints) and I ended up throwing up 3 capsules because my stomach couldn't take it at one point.  I would definitely recommend TA or even Ibogaine HCL to get the dosing right and start the journey in the easiest way possible. 

As people have mentioned on the forum before, it is not possible to know what percentage Ibogaine alkaloids the RB had so I could have flooded anywhere between 11mg/kg to 22mg/kg , but I assume it was on the lower scale because I had only mild ataxia, got light hallucinations and didn't get the loud buzzsaw noise that so many people report.

I started by getting chaotic, complicated, unpleasant thoughts that gradually faded into mild hallucinations and thoughts.  I mainly saw still images and fairly faded, darkish colours.  This went on for a while and then gradually decreased in intensity until I felt like not a lot was going on.  During this entire time I could engage in conversation with my sitter and was struggling to get all the RB into my system.  I only vomitted only once, and this was mainly due to excessive water in my stomach,

After about 3-4 hours, I felt small waves of nausea (mainly when I lifted my arms behind my head).  I could easily wait til they passed, but after the 4th or 5th wave, I decided to let myself go and vomitted.  It was a decent purge that had me gasping for air.  At one stage I couldn't breath for about 10 seconds but I managed to relax and take in some air.  The acid and the bitter taste of the Iboga were unpleasant to say the least.  This was the best thing I could have done though as it led to the continuation of my trip.  As soon as I lay down, I started to thing dispassionately about all the wrongs I had down in my life.  There was absolutely no room for blaming others, it was all about the decisiosn I had made.  This was accompanied by a tremendous lucidity, being able to pick out mistakes, understand them logically and coming up with solutions so that I wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.  I halso had a vision of my perfect self, about small things that I needed to do to move towards my perfect self.  This was also accompanied by clear memories, of certain things I had completely forgotten about in the past and I felt closure in certain regards.

It went on for quite a while and started to get a bit much.  It ended with me realising that I was going to die, and I had a choice about making the right decisions and having a great life, or making the wrong decisions and regretting a life I could have had.  I didn't get the strong feeling of rebirth but I did feel my brain had been cleaned out and I could move on.  After reading other people's stories, I created a set of drawers in my head and cleared away all the memories into those.  That left a bright, white, clear  space in my head.

All this had taken place in complete silence and the next day the sound of songbirds was welcome.  Bwiti music sounded great and gave me a nice energy and dynamism.  An absolute revelation, and something I had not read about anywhere, was the effect of rattles, drums and bells, but especially a rattle, on the body.  When my sitter used a rattle on me it gave me an absolute Iboga/endorphin rush that cleared my head of thoughts and felt like an internal brain massage.  When the rattle was used over the rest of my body, it released all tension and felt amazing.  There was something very positive about receiving someone else's energy that really heightened the experience.  A clear bell was used, as well as a drum, and they also had a similar effect.  I understand why the whole village participate in the ceremony and why they use rattles and live music.  Live music seemed to enhance the experience. 

After the first day, I felt a real need to connect to loved ones and would recommend having good friends or family close at hand for the post-flood period.  I had expected a more intense experience and felt a little anxious that I didn't feel more different.  I have found since then that I've improved in some minor ways and felt more contented.  The biggest difference is knowing what I must do and not wasting my time with meaningless things.  I have felt more focused and energised to get on with living.  I would like to flood again and felt that the experience was not at all scary.  It is tough in some ways, and goes on for a long time, but it was a gentle experience overall given the deep nature of the journey.

I definetely want to flood again at a high dose and now know how to structure that journey to get the most out of it.  Thanks to all on this forum who made this possible and gave me the information I needed to go through with it.
Be the change you want to see in the world

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
Re: A tale of a gentle flood
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
Hi Avend,

Thankfully my sitter had some back-up RB and I decided to flood with 37 grams of this.

Wow 37 grams, I do believe you have the forum record for eating bark.

Best,

Roy

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed it.  I am all for the Kambo and Iboga one-two punch and that's the way that I'll be doing it.

An absolute revelation, and something I had not read about anywhere, was the effect of rattles, drums and bells, but especially a rattle, on the body.  When my sitter used a rattle on me it gave me an absolute Iboga/endorphin rush that cleared my head of thoughts and felt like an internal brain massage.  When the rattle was used over the rest of my body, it released all tension and felt amazing.  There was something very positive about receiving someone else's energy that really heightened the experience.

This is good to know.  A nice big poppy pod works well as a rattle, therefore I'll have to remember to grab one of these from my collection of kitchen ornaments prior to heading out for the flood.  Crafting is a hobby of mine ;)

After the first day, I felt a real need to connect to loved ones and would recommend having good friends or family close at hand for the post-flood period.

I feel blessed in that I have 2 weeks off of work and will be with my family and best friends exclusively following the flood.  I had thought much about this and figured that it must be priceless when it comes to the overall healing experience.  It is actually the part of the journey that I look forward to the most!

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
I have had mild experiences exactly like this, and they are even pleasant!  It definitely sounds like you got a great introduction, but if you wanna get something like the powerful experiences you read about, then you should use TA or HCl, or a mix of both, and calculate 20-25 mg/kg (possibly even higher if you are a hard head). 

A larger flood of the pure alkaloids can definitely make the visions much more vivid and in full color.  Sounds like you just touched the tip of the iceberg, so now with your next experience you can definitely really go deep with some TA or a HCl and TA mix..  2 g of ibogaine HCl (99%) and a few grams of bark could work, too.  I would say maybe 2 grams of HCl and a gram of TA and that would really take you as deep as you would need or want to go, or even 1.5 g of HCl and 1.5-2 g of TA although having a little extra on hand is ALWAYS a good idea.

BTW, flooding with bark works much better if you don't use capsules.  The Bwiti use honey to help wash it down.  In capsules, they often bust open all at once in your stomach and the shock to the system can make you vomit up the goodies before they fully absorb.  You'll notice the bitter flavor of iboga alkaloids in the vomit.  This kicks the trip up a notch, since it absorbs in the throat and mouth, but if you had digested all of it over a period of time, you'll go way deeper and actually absorb all the medicine, rather than wasting a bunch by throwing up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:06:41 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Avendagold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
Yes, 37 grams is a lot of Wood to ingest and I'll definitely choose TA and/or HCL in the future.  A higher flood is simply not feasible on RB alone, not least because it's so hard to dose correctly.  2g HCL and 1g TA seems spot on and I'll probably work on that level of dosage for the future.

What is the minimum amount of time I should leave between floods?  I assume 1 month is adequate, but 3 months is ideal - does that sound about right?

Lightswitchedon - I can't tell you how pleaant it was to have a rattle and it will be a permanent fixture for any future floods.  Poppy pods sound like a great alternative. And I'm going to make sure that I can be in contact with my loved ones when I need to be after my next flood. 

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
3 months sound like the perfect amount of time to integrate the experience and prepare for the next.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Avendagold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 03:59:20 AM »
Wow 37 grams, I do believe you have the forum record for eating bark.

Roy, I just found a thread by Owlman dated January 2011 where he ate about 65g of rootbark in about 10 minutes!  I think that must be the record. And what is interesting is that he did this in Gabon where they had recommended he eat about 100-125g of RB (GD - that's 3g or more of HCL!).  Just goes to show how deep the Bwiti go and how much more room for exploration there is. 

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 04:26:10 AM »
If the TA I took my first time was only 60% pure alkaloids, my dose would have been 47 mgs per kg..  More recently the western medicine approach and the increase of precautions have determined 25-30 mgs/kg to be the highest anyone should go.  However, I have yet to hear of any overdoses on ibogaine.  None of the deaths even mention the reason being from an overdose of ibogaine.
GratefulDad

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:04 AM »
If the TA I took my first time was only 60% pure alkaloids, my dose would have been 47 mgs per kg.. 

That is exactly what my dose will be if the TA that I will be ingesting is 60% (5.3g for 150lbs ~47mg/kg).  Can't wait to report back afterwards, although getting on here to type will be a low priority in the days immediately following, but I'll eventually do it.  Event is still a couple weeks out.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »

Hi Aven,

Damn, I don't see how they can eat three ounces of RB.  How long did it take for you to be able to walk, talk and do things like walk, shower or drive a car??  I forgot how much were you trying to kick and what substance and did it work??

Best to ya,

Roy