Author Topic: Using MDMA after Iboga flood  (Read 2511 times)

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Using MDMA after Iboga flood
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »
I had a friend use MDMA a week after an intense Iboga flood.  It was his birthday, he mentioned going out.  I told him to stay away from MDMA, and if he wanted to do a psychedelic to take mushrooms.  I am pretty upset with him actually, I was the one who provided the Iboga and sat for him for what was a VERY long night all the while being completely exhausted and not really having the time to be a sitter, I did it to help him... I told him that I thought using Ecstasy or MDMA would be a BAD idea, but it is just speculation on my part since I know X fucks with your serotonin. So was this a terrible thing my friend did or will the Iboga still help or did he just completely undo everything?  Do I have a right to be upset?  He was using Iboga for alcoholism and had been sober for 5 months, but a seriously depressed dude... I saw him today and he said he felt fine after using it last night... does anyone know how this may affect the Iboga treatment?
Thank You,
lalababa

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Using MDMA after Iboga flood
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
A week is awful soon to be rolling after a flood. Mushrooms would have the perfect choice for a little birthday celebration. I have found them so much better in every regard after iboga. But not everyone likes the same things.

I see no problems with MDMA as a rule. So long as it is MDMA mind you, and not all the knock off crap people call ecstasy.

BUT - you really do need to be careful of the proximity with these two. Never, ever take MDMA anywhere close to a flood. A week is for sure the shortest I would give it, but it could literally harm you if you took it within 72 hours on either side of doing iboga. One of the earliest reports of death associated with ibogaine was a case where MDMA was also taken immediately after a flood (I think it was 48 hours). That's enough for me right there.

I've personally done my weight in E over the course of a decade raving, and find I cannot really take enough of it to enjoy. I have to get nuts with huge doses and that's no good. If you have done as much as I have its really only good for augmenting other things.

Good questions lala - MDMA does fuck with your serotonin...but so does pretty much everything else psychedelic. You just do not want to mix tryptamines and phenethylamines unless you really know your shit.

Candyflipping (LSD + MDMA) and Hippie flipping (mushrooms + MDMA) are usually safe bets unless you're insane about doses. It is the ecstasy that can be dangerous here, the phenethylamine in large doses effects the hypothalimus and can cause severe heatstroke: and what you are talking about is serotonin syndrome. I think people are overly concerned with it usually. It is very frightening and can even kill you but I do not think it is as easy to 'get' as it's made to seem...

Mixing MAOIs, antidepressants and some of these things we enjoy must be looked at seriously - your friend is likely in no danger but I am not sure what - if any - effect this would have on his brain chemistry concerning the reset. It could be nothing, then it could have set him back like you said. Does he have a hangover?

I'd stay away from any synthetic for a month at least after iboga.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:36:03 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »
Thank You Cal,  I was pretty upset with him, luckily he still seemed to be feeling good and didn't have a hangover from the MDMA or Ecstasy whichever it was that he took, it was 7 days after his flood.... If it does end up effecting him I will report back, I'm just pissed that he took it at all, if he couldn't find mushrooms he should have just not done anything and I told him that before he went out and partied.... some people just don't listen.  It did seem dangerous to me as well but I hadn't heard of anyone talking about it on this forum or anywhere else so I figured I would ask, so thanks for the info!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »
Sure glad to help - people can't be clumsy about this sort of thing. I sometimes take crap from certain parties concerning my position on recreational drug use. To my mind, using the occasional psychedelic is not only safe, it can be quite healthy if one is healthy enough and responsible enough to use them appropriately. I have not always done it so - I have been very careless several times in my career and made an ass out of myself and frightened my friends, but thank God no real harm was done...

These things can certainly be enjoyed - and I see no reason to tell someone not to - but you have to put safety first, always.

To me mushrooms have a strange affinity for extraordinary experiences after iboga. I know some people like to use small amounts very soon post flood to help integrate and relax. It does work, but it all depends on the individual.

Too much of anything isn't good. I feel like you're wondering perhaps why he thought he 'needed' to do 'something' particularly so soon after such a heavy thing as flooding. A reasonable question to be sure. If he is an addict this could especially be a concern, if his intentions are just to escape, etc...

But maybe the fellow wouldn't have bothered with anything if it wasn't his birthday, perhaps he felt refreshed enough to celebrate and decided to go party. He is lucky to have a friend like you   ;)

Thanks for sharing!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:02:49 AM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."