Author Topic: Strong withdrawals after ! Ibogaine session  (Read 4903 times)

Offline butterfly13

• View Profile
Strong withdrawals after ! Ibogaine session
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
Hi, I see there have been previous discussions here about such problems, but I hope for some more input on my specific situation.
I did the main session with pure Ibogaine about one week ago and I am now micro-dosing Rootbark.
The background was yearlong alcohol-addiction mainly to cope with my depression and sleep apnea symptoms. Half year ago I kicked the alcohol with kratom, (very thankful for this, never drank again !). But eventually became addicted to high doses of kratom with hefty withdrawals  if I tried to stop.

So I finally came to Iboga.
And honestly, I have no complaint. It is amazing what the plant did with me during the session. I actually talked with the plant even about its own nature and purpose and of course I got wild deep insight in my own. And it was done in a unbelievable hard and still so humorous way. Never laughed so much in my live and I cant wait to start my new live! I even learnt my own personal reasons why I have to go to this really unexpected withdrawals right now.

So my attitude is astonishing optimistic even I have all the terrible jumpy legs, insomnia, fatigue, flashes, pains ,difficulty to eat and walk. Impossible to go to work.
Its getting better slowly, but the problem is that I have to travel in some days, can't cancel that.
Need to get little better for that soon somehow and so  i am experimenting with different substances. There are no cravings for anything, don't want anything at all. Just to ease the symptoms so I can function for travel.

Taking already Melatonin ,Hops, Ashwaganda  and Shiajit and Magnesium with little effect whatsoever.
Thinking about Immodium, Hydroxyine hydrochloride, kava kava, phenibut , kanna and kratom in mini amounts ( Kratom should be only addictive on regular basis)  Have it all here, but don't want to make any mistake , I am so happy to be where I am !
Any ideas experiences on this substances after flooding together with the RB?

An other questions: I have the opportunity to do Ayahuasca with an experienced guide in about one week in Germany. Would very much like to do it because I feel that I am definitely not done yet , and somewhat hanging in limbo on a certain level.

Can Ayahuasca go together with Iboga within so short time , or better to wait?
Also don't know should I continuing the micro-dosing, it seems to make things worse on the body-level , but on the other hand it keeps me connected to the plant and the teaching continues on a subtle level which seems so important.

Thank you for any input
This is a great forum!

greetings

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Strong withdrawals after ! Ibogaine session
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
Hi and welcome to Eboka!

So, you're a week out from a flood with ibogaine - if you are experiencing these kinds of nervous and restless symptoms I would cut out the microdosing first and foremost. Give yourself some time to absorb all the ibogoids that are already in your system.

It is sometimes the case where one boosts 'too soon' after a flood and it can kind of 'backfire' in that it leaves you feeling so raw that it is really hard to get comfortable. So I would recommend stopping the root bark. You can always pick it back up later. You say you do not feel any specific 'cravings'? This is good, but you are also looking for a quick way out of these uncomfortable sensations that are plaguing you...and it looks like you have plenty of chemical relief to choose from on hand. But...didn't you just flood so that you could not have to rely on chemical relief? I understand exactly what you are going through, I do - but time may be the best instrument for you right now. Time away from and off of the extensive menu of stuff you have around. Mood and mind altering chemicals, even though they are natural...well, having to rely on them is a drag - and you just went through a rare and powerful experience,  taking a calculated risk in doing so, so that you would liberate yourself from the need for chemical 'peace of mind'...All these symptoms you describe are not uncommon in the first days or even the first couple weeks following a flood for addiction interruption.  I think that microdosing has exacerbated them and prolonged their activity.

I'd be real careful with the kratom, since you just went through a flood to snap out of using that - eat right, exercise, take hot baths stay hydrated. All the stuff you probably don't want to hear lol, but really these symptoms will go away - they will abate on their own if you can be patient. Insomnia and restless legs are the worst, they'll drive you nuts and make you cranky because you have not rested well...taking kanna or a good valerian extract will help cam your nerves and may help you get some rest. I bet if you could just cop a few solid nights of sleep in a row you would be amazed at how quickly you felt better in general. Cannabis is a good choice - it will stimulate your appetite and also help you relax.

I am sure others will chime in - I gotta run but I am glad you are here and wish you luck. Hope to see you around,  Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline butterfly13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Thank you, Cal ! I guess this was exactly what I needed to hear. You are so right, I should just trust that the body naturally will find its balance in time. In fact on I very deep level I have a craving, a strange craving for for absolute nothingness. Its very extreme . On a gut-level I don't want to take anything in, no substances of any kind, no food, even water is difficult. I feel like the body just wants to rest, to fast, and to take its time. It continues to detoxify on its on, I have to spit out nasty mucus every 10 minutes or so.

And for the last one week I really tried to let it all go , all duties, pressures and those beliefs how it should to be . And I just endured and accepted the pain and trouble as it is. I took only minimal natural things, to ease it a little.
 I feel if I can live pain without suffering, nothing can ever scare me.

I think it got complicated, when my travel-date came near and I feel the pressure that the body just has to function. So I have to make compromises, I force my self to eat and drink , move and of course started to think what of my nice  substance-menu could help. Dangerous and so difficult to find the right balance, We have become so used to the quick fixes for every problem.

Anyways yesterday desperately I tried the Kava Kava and it really gave me some unexpected energy and relief , also with the muscles. And I was thinking to  take it with me on the travel as emergency- support, but your words made me think again. Maybe I really should take the opportunity and leave everything, and just jump in the unknown and travel with nothing at all and see what happens. ( will be in an other country for one week)
I don't know, its all so extremely different, and indeed I feel completely raw and vounerable, free floating, without any grounding. And already some people have taken advantage of me really badly. And I just don't care, don't want to care about such things (money) anymore.

For the micro-dosing root-bark, I already tried to give it a break, but didn't feel any difference. But I will take your advice and stop it for longer time to see.
But I have to clarify, that the withdrawals did not kick in after the micro-dosing. The withdrawals actually never stopped after they had started before the session. Only for about 6 hours in the most intense flooding or so the body was quite. After that it got worse for 3 days, then getting slowly better.
I wonder if I would have needed a bigger doses for flooding ( we somehow guessed my body-weight because of a broken scale ) It surly feels like it. Like the plant addressed at first my more important mental issues and had not enough time to finish the interruption work.

My provider thinks it is all in my head, I guess he never had someone with such symptoms after a session. But I feel it is just too real, and actually in my head  I feel quite free of it.
He also recommended to try to stop the root-bark for a while, but also he thinks to give me a small dose of Ibogaine again, don't know yet how and when.

Anyways, it feels good to write it down, I don't really have someone to talk about this, who could possible understand. Hope I am not getting to weepy and my limited English is readable. I actually very much appreciate the whole experience, I have seen wonderful magical things and it continues!
Just have to deal with this body-thing. If I only could sleep one night...
Still thinking about the the Ayahuasca. Maybe could it do the rest and bring things to a balance?

Thank you for all support

Offline butterfly13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
Now as the worst is over I feel compelled to put things a little in perspective, so this should not be discouraging to read  for those who are looking to reduce withdrawals with Iboga.
I am sure it works that way for most, but also I feel Iboga has no absolut rules, it just does what is best for the specific person on all levels with good reason. And sometimes there are  just other priorities then withdrawals. But it will only that happen what the person internally is ready to take.

Regarding  Iboga for Kratom-addiction. I guess there are not much experiences on this out there yet.  Maybe it has to treated like an opiate ( since it has a kind of opiate-like character) with quite higher doses Iboga in order to relief withdrawals. Because, despite the harmless image kratom is often given , it can (not must) cause really nasty and long lingering withdrawals in some people who abuse it as badly as me .

For me personally, it was indeed the best to go through the whole hell, full awake and alone. Iboga basically told me, that I now had to use what I learned in the flood immediately afterwards in a real life worst case scenario. Sure I had much weak moments, but I was also learning to feel extreme discomfort and pain with almost no mental suffering, using all the humor, and internal freedom I had just experienced. I would have not been able to go through this Test without Iboga on my side, never never!.
It took almost 3 weeks and then a shamanic healer-woman  I met, who did some non-iboga shamanic stuff with me, to bring at least the body back to some kind of balance.
She said that she had never seen a person energetically so upside down and strangely out of balance, with no grounding at all, basically free floating, ( not a recent, but live- long energetic tendency ). There was almost no earth/ feminine energy left in me for Iboga to work with to relief withdrawals. But what Iboga could do, it did perfectly: amazing mental coaching and cleaning and preparing everything , so the body would find its natural balance in time on it own, if I let it and be patient.

I learned ,that for this energetic thing it would have been better to take at first Ayahuasca to balance the  earthly body- -energy, and then much later Iboga.  But as it is, and I don't regret any moment of the extreme experience. It made me strong and changed how I see everything plus so far I am staying very naturally away of any stimmulants, even coffee is not possible . So, I am really very very grateful for everything.
But also it is true, that most likely ,with more prior knowledge about the subtle points, part of the trouble could have been avoided.

Start a multi-level relationship with Iboga , bevor you flood!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:46:13 PM by butterfly13 »

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »
I learned ,that for this energetic thing it would have been better to take at first Ayahuasca to balance the  earthly body- -energy, and then much later Iboga.  Start a multi-level relationship with Iboga , bevor you flood!

I'm with ya on that one.  I was thinking of doing iboga again before I go to Peru in December (during which I'll do Ayahuasca), but intuitively I realized that it needs to be the other way around.  The Aya first...and I will see what the curanderos have to say.  I have a problem with feminine energy also, and I have heard that just the sights around Cusco and Machu Picchu at winter solstice can help tremendously, let alone the Aya.  So yeah...if I do iboga (if need be) again it will be well after the Yage.

Stay strong....I know I am trying and it is TOUGH.

Offline butterfly13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »
How beautiful that you can go to Peru for this!
You are right, nature and special places can also balance the feminin energy and many other things like ayurveda. For me walking barefoot in nature helps a lot. Only if you are still on any substances this maybe not help so much, because most of them literally burns this energy-depot down.  Thanks God there are plants like Ayahuasca  and Iboga.

I feel it could be like this with Iboga:
Iboga seems to be air-mental-spiritual energy and could therefore be uplifting for earth-predominant energy-type people who may also recover  quickly after a flood. But for very air- predominant and mentally active people this boost can be de-grounding , and make the aftermath difficult. Restless legs and insomnia are clearly an air-excess/ earth-lack problem. On the other hand Iboga can be very inspirering and deep for air- people because of the familiar and alike energy . And maybe it is opposite with Ayauasca.
I feel Ibogaine also connects us to mother earth, but more on a indirect way through mind and heart and Ayahuasca directly.
Anyways, just my own unverified assumptions.

Wish you much love and humor for your journey

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
I did lots of LSD while I was an addict, before for my first flood.  It helped me want more out of life, but it wasn't until after my iboga flood, when my system was operating at it's optimum, that I got the most spiritual and revealing trip experience from LSD.  It seemed to allow the aligning of my chakras so I could experience a kundalini experience.  I definitely think repairing damage with iboga, especially, and possibly ayahuasca, can allow one to reach much deeper states of consciousness on any psychedelic adventure.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:32:09 PM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."