Author Topic: Some ideas on gathering info for our new members...  (Read 1834 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Some ideas on gathering info for our new members...
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
I was just noticing that we seem to have, relatively, a bunch of new folks on the forum.  Lots of you newbies probably read a post by whichever member and you start to identify a bit with their story..  When this is the case, or if there is a member you really like to hear answers from, you can simply click on their name, and in their profile there is a link that says "Show Posts".  That link will show all the posts by that particular member.  For example, mine is here: http://eboka.info/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=24

By doing this, you can go over any and all threads they have posted in and read all the things they have answered in the past.  I have found that by doing this, I can come across good tidbits of info I might have missed or forgotten about, not to mention I get a lot better feel for each member's personality and story.  This also prevents people from having to answer the same questions over and over.  Not that I mind, but I know that when we do answer something a lot, our answers sometimes tend to lose detail and get a bit more streamlined. 

Anyways, this is just something I thought might help some of the newer people, and even some of the regulars, who haven't used the feature.  Hope this helps!  :)
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."