Author Topic: weak as a kitten still  (Read 2337 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
weak as a kitten still
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Day11 since I did the flood dose. Have been forcing myself to go for walks around the block. Eating good. I am ready to get some energy back.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: weak as a kitten still
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
I feel you fritzerman - lack of energy can drag on - seems like forever. You getting any sleep?

The exercise will certainly help, I know how hard it is to make yourself do any of it when you already feel exhausted. Sounds like you are doing things right man, maybe someone can suggest a good supplement, personally my diet sucks and I am a sugar and caffeine junkie. Right after flooding though, it is a good time to get into healthier habits. Fatigue, for all its crapiness, is very normal and ephemeral. I think maybe at around the two week mark the clouds started to lift for me and I felt more human. It takes work that's for sure, but you're doing it. Thanks for posting and good luck man!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:11:34 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
thank you for the encouragement Calaqendi. My natural impatience is making it more difficult. I suppose given the number of years I have abused the pain pills that this is really a modest price to pay.

Offline TANYA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
I hope you feel better soon! :) just curious, how much did you do, and was it rootbark or Hcl, etc? hang in there, the sun will shine again!!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 04:34:50 AM »
Coming of methadone it took me several months to feel what may be considered normal.  I really do not remember that feeling.  I started drugs at 15 and 20 years later, I feel Normal?  My first flood took away the acute w/ds but I still had no energy until I got working...the fact that I did my flood in the winter and I am a gardener, didn't help much, I had no job to go to, I truly felt that as soon as I was getting regular exercise I would feel better.  I tried in the winter post flood, tried hiking, exercising and all that I could.  I have to say though, it seems like yesterday, that feeling of not feeling 'right' yet i just took my 6 month follow up flood almost two months ago and am feeling wonderful! It will pass. everything does if given the right amount of time right?  but I had several great productive months within those six months... I don't even remember when the change came, but it did, and less than two months after my initial flood.... hang in there and if possible do a six month follow up