Author Topic: Friday October 20th 3rd flood dose and Entity Questions  (Read 15938 times)

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
Re: Friday October 20th 3rd flood dose and Entity Questions
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
@lala: Hi, that is interesting indeed. I know when I did my homebrew mimosahuasca 'accidental heroic' dose last year, I came to the realization that the initial intense (and somewhat repetitive) cartoon monkey-business visuals (literally like a circus with bright lights and colors and psychedelic monkeys playing) were merely a distraction for me as the medicine did its work, and it was up to me to go past them, which I did and really got sucked in deep! Perhaps it was the same with the my last 2 TA  floods, but I was unable to get past the distractions. Saying that I was coming in with some expectations of more profound realizations and pure love like in my first flood, and iboga seemed to be communicating with me, with that entity, that I would be 'going no further'. This also happened with the 'grim reaper' like entity in my second flood which pulled a curtain right before I was experiencing a 'breakthru' again to the OOB state whereby I had the pue love profound experiences in my first. Glad you persisted and got a beautiful experience as well! I definitely do not want to dissuade people from taking more than 1 flood, just wanted to relate my own personal experience with iboga.

@BT: Nice to see you back on the forums! Loved this: the power of doing versus thinking and vice versa, the power of allowing yourself to feel, amen brother!
Additionally as someone in recovery told me once, a simple rule for living : '1) Don't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. 2) Apply this to everything you do.'
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:29:30 PM by ddraig »

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Hello again,

Received a remarkable blessing from God and the spirits this week. A shaman journeyed for me with drum and rattle and did a healing session on my behalf. It has been 4 days, and the results have been profound. Do not want to get ahead of myself, as I am still integrating, but wanted to share.

Grateful for so much today, and thanks to BlueTiger for posting that Daniel Pinchbeck article on Michael Harner last year: http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=2033

That got me reading more about shamanism, and journeying with drum and other instruments which is what most shamans do worldwide to access spirit and the powerful healing it provides. Really recommend anyone interested in post iboga or other alternative healing methods to check out http://www.shamanism.org/index.php and http://www.shamanicteachers.com/

Michael and Sandra have spearheaded the contemporary shamanic movement and offer courses producing qualified (sort of an oxymoron I know)  practitioners around the country who are performing healings.

If you are skeptical about a spiritual solution, then you may want to read it post iboga flood  ;)

Really makes me wonder now if the already amazing iboga floods are made even more effective with a skilled shaman or practitioner working with the medicine and patient.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:51:28 PM by ddraig »

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »
Thank you for sharing ddraig,

I do wonder what it would be like to go to Gabon and experience an Iboga ceremony there.. scary and amazing?

lala

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
Thank you for sharing ddraig,

I do wonder what it would be like to go to Gabon and experience an Iboga ceremony there.. scary and amazing?

lala

I imagine that an initiation ceremony in Gabon would be tremendously scary and amazing. It's primary purpose is like other initiation rituals around the world, to confront your fears, face death, and see there is nothing to fear. The intimate knowledge of iboga and the channeling of spiritual/subtler energies during the ritual tailored to the recipient/initiate by the shaman & community, I imagine,  would be essential in the complete healing/reconstruction of the individual.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 06:05:09 AM »
in due time

The entity which towered over me and sent me to a 'place' with a lot of repetitive & silly visuals, as well mundane and dreary visuals I have recently realized was iboga telling me I did not need repeat floods, that I had enough still to work on from the first flood.

DD, thank you, it feels great to be back and see some good energy flowing through our home.  I am so glad you are tuning into the power of sound and music.  If by chance you want to go deeper on a level of cognitive neuroscience with this phenomena, I suggest considering: "This is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession."  Forewarning, it is certainly geared towards folks who have a working knowledge of music.  It's amazing how this book simplifies the complex magical mystery of music into sounds, and then to even more microscopic levels, and the dynamic effects we experience.

The Bwiti knew that their music would increase the effects of this toxic, poison we know as Iboga.  They knew the importance of taking high doses to achieve certain desired effects, and they knew the risk.  It seems as if Bwiti music is what mitigated this risk, and I am confident still does today. 

"Music is the only language that speaks directly to the divine."

Music is substance.  My tongue drum and didgeridoo are like instant theta-wave inducers, each very different though. 

It's all vibrations guys.  The rest is just the matrix  ;)

DD, I reread your earlier post (interesting how we choose to see things, or don't depending upon.....)we have had very similar experiences with the root.  I felt I was also warned about the seriousness of not returning.  I think it may be the beginning of an unwanted expression of a gene or something.  Others have told me that it is considered an NDE.  Either way, it is weird because I feel both blessed for the life satisfying experience, and embarrassed that I needed to go there at all.  That's just my self consciousness flaring up, going through momentous change, and a bit too fast in the last month especially.  Going to really enjoy my "time off"...soon I hope.  Anyway, the gratitude for the experience outweighs any morsel of fleeting conflicted sentiment.  I would not change a thing, if I could.  The mystery of what's next is too enticing.  I feel like I am being summoned or something. 
Big Hug for Ya,
Blue

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »
thank you my brother, much love back at you :D. Great to hear that you are doing well.

The music and beats no doubt is integral in working with spiritual energy. Part of the shamanic process. My healing session with the shamanic practitioner was a confirmation. If you search for 'Pomo Shaman' on youtube, the ritual performed was similar to that incredible video. I don't link to it directly out of respect. Since the healing I have felt whole, like the final pieces were put in place. What I experienced during the session was incredible, and left feeling tight and energized around my heart and crown chakras. I feel more assertive and grounded. More myself.

Thats cool that journeying with different instruments produces different experiences? My journeying with drums as part of my homework with the practitioner has been amazing. Have seen the overlap between synchronicities in ordinary reality, and working with non-ordinary reality via journeying. With intent, the results have occurred in ways that have dumbfounded me, and only in hindsight at times have I seen/felt the connection. Its like a whole different mode of looking at the world. Like a child.

During my journeys so far I have encountered what I believe to be the spirit of iboga and of mimosahuasca after journeying to see my helping spirits, among others. Kali showed up too once. Did not know what the black skinned 4 armed indian looking being was during a journey to the upper world. After a google on this description I saw who it was. She represents transformation, and I took this as a good omen the night before seeing the shamanic practitioner!

Journeying to ask iboga how best to work with the sacred bark is something that would interesting.

With regards to the entity I described in the OP, just recently read about Jung's Philemon, which is a form Elijah took for him during his experiences recorded in the Red Book. The entity I saw did look very similar to this:
https://www.philemonfoundation.org/img/philemon-lg.jpg

Really not sure what mine was was exactly, but it had a powerful presence. Philemon for Jung was an expression that what he saw was not all just symbols from his own consciousness/psyche, but actually distinct consciousness separate from his. Not to compare my experience with Jung's or to suggest that I was visited by a powerful being represented by Philemon, but a big part of my flood at that time was to commune and explore with that world more. This was a confirmation to me that there was more than my own 'mind salad' being presented during the iboga journeys. Though arguably that can always be a subjective call.

Guess the point is, regardless what you believe, as with all shamanic practice, the proof is in the direct experience of results in ordinary reality, and with tools like journeying with drums etc...and the plant allies like iboga, its clear to me that this stuff works, an can work in the long run if you put the work in afterwords.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 11:23:35 AM »
Guess the point is, regardless what you believe, as with all shamanic practice, the proof is in the direct experience of results in ordinary reality, and with tools like journeying with drums etc...and the plant allies like iboga, its clear to me that this stuff works, an can work in the long run if you put the work in afterwords.

Amen. 

I keep coming back to this question about visions. 
-Why did we each see an entity? 
-Why are all the visions from Iboga and most entheogenic experiences I know of seem like it is manifesting from the crevasses of our own mind?

This clarifies my next questions:
-Is it truly "our" mind?  Or do we share this "mind" with other things, or everything?

I just keep feeling more connected on levels that most of the my world cannot really relate to.  Not a fun place to be.  Hence, my gratitude for you DD!  Thank you for your post.  Thank you for keeping this thread alive, and foreseeing the importance in doing so.  Now I am ready for the day.  A good day to experience, change, and grow!