Author Topic: Weekend Flood  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Zahvalan

• View Profile
Weekend Flood
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
Last weekend, my husband took a 3.3g TA dose over two hours.  We had 4g total but he said he didn't want anymore.  He was gone for about 12 hours and then got up and I brought him upstairs for the night.  He purged 6 hours after his last dose and was quite unstable even 12 hours later when helped him move. 

He's still processing everything but has not taken any oxy for 8 days now!  His physical pain has lessened although it's still there and I think part of his struggles over the past week is his frustration with how to deal with the remaining pain without going back to oxy.  When it's been really bad, he's taken 600mg RB which helps a lot but he doesn't want to rely on that for a long period of time.  I'm applying essential oils which helps as well.

As far as his journey, for a few days he was disappointed because he didn't get a lot of visuals but said he felt things or heard things more than saw things.  He said nothing was visually clear but kind of fuzzy.  A few days later, he said he was starting to understand what was given to him.  Again, he said he still feels like he has a lot to process and and times feels overwhelmed.  In my intro I mentioned he had been on effexor for about a year and a half too.  He had tapered off for safety before his flood and felt some of the depression return over the month and a half but since his flood he doesn't feel that same depression at all.  Even though he may be sad at times, he said it's completely different.  Not the scary, overwhelming depression but just a feeling that he has so little figured out about things when he thought he had it all figured out.  Maybe a 'good' sadness is a way to describe it. 

It will be interesting to see what else he discovers in the next few weeks.  He's determined not to take prescription meds again for his pain so I hope we can figure out through meditation or mild OTC painkillers a point at which he can learn to live with his remaining pain.  Another thing, he told his doctor about his plan to use iboga and after his visit this week, his doctor said he felt much less inflammation in his back.  Also, a muscle that has refused to loosen despite alternative therapies and muscle relaxers has released after about 8 months!  He's also in better structural alignment.  I'm really amazed. 

Thanks for every one for all the opinions and input!!!  I honestly don't think I would have felt comfortable with him doing this without this forum! 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Flood
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:03:28 AM »
Good to hear! Also keep us posted about his next few weeks.  I injured myself recently and found out today that my knees are in bad shape.  I am going to try microdosing for the pain as well.  I don't want to be on pain meds for the rest of my life, but apparently I have deformed knees ( I never knew that ) and the injury has made it worse.  I am a gardener and have been for most of my life and I am sure that doesn't help, but I can't afford the surgery she mentioned ad wont be able to deal with the pain forever.  I will keep you all posted if I notice a difference after microdosing some more.  I tried it for two days two weeks ago, now I am going to try four days.  Anyone else have any advice for using Iboga for pain management??? Thanks!

Offline Zahvalan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
Lalababa, he had been micro dosing for about a month before his flood and found on the days he took a dose (usually 900mg RB), he could easily reduce his pain meds by half.  And the flood seems to have knocked down his actual pain so he's been able to manage without.  Some days it's very tough but he knows changes are still happening, both physical and mental and he DOES NOT want to take opiate pain meds again.  In a way it's sort of like his body, or neural pathways, are still remembering that he should be in some pain.  In the mornings he says he feels pretty good but then he starts moving, lifting, walking and some of the pain comes back.  I'm really interested in how iboga plays a role in changing neural connections after having read "The Brain that Changes Itself".  This is all very interesting to me and I'll keep you posted!

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »

Zahvalan,

Hi,

I have severe pain issues and was taking opiates and sometime smack.  I have taken Ibo 4 times and I notice that the pain stops for about 30 days.  Then the back pain or whatever seems to return but you may be able to get by with nothing.  Yes, it hurts but it I would rather suffer the pain than have the pain of addiction.  And as we know you can take opiates and it takes away the pain and then you need more and more and then your taking more and more and your back is still hurting, how can ya win?

Wishing you the best,

Roy