Author Topic: Accidental Flood (?) Please Be Careful!!!  (Read 3912 times)

Offline theFathersheart

• View Profile
Accidental Flood (?) Please Be Careful!!!
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Has anyone here ever experienced an "accidental" flood? I know it sounds quite foolish but it is what happened to me the first time I flooded (quite unintentionally). I wrote about it in my introduction here on eboka. But the more I think about it, I think that people contemplating taking small doses gradually really ought to be aware that this can happen. This would obviously be quite dangerous to say the least. Over a couple of years ago when I finally got a hold of some Ibogaine HCL and TA outside of the country and chose to self administer (another foolish mistake). I know and I heard that this root is serious stuff and deserves much respect. I foolishly thought.. "OK-OK", I've got it"; Only to realize how disrespectful I was.

Here is how my first "accidental flood" of Iboga was about to teach me a lesson of a lifetime. I had both the TA and the HCL with me on what I thought was going to be a nice vacation trip outside the US. The first try was just to taste it to see if the taste of the TA was really as horrid as everyone was saying. I took about a little less than 1/4 tsp of the TA and thought, well, that wasn't so bad. (I actually chewed my opiate pills when I took them so my taste buds are quite resilient to foulness - try chewing on oxy's and tramadol together and see if you dont puke). I decided that I would try "my version" of Iboga-PTA micro-dosing first. (some of you are laughing now, ...I know). I took about 500 to 800mgs per day of the TA and on the 3rd or maybe 4th day, my ears went vibrating and sounds like.... WHHHHR!..WHHHHHHRRR!..WHHHHHRRRRR!  :o  :P :o :-X :o and I thought OOOOH flooood! OOOOH Merde ([shit]pardon my French-literally). I thought "Heeeelp somebody, how do I stop this?!?" I only now realize how dangerous and deadly this could have been. I highly advise against this type of regimen. Please DO NOT do this type of regimen. Now that I think of it, I suppose, I would recommend using an highly reputable and experienced Iboga/Ibogaine provider. Please chime in if you have had a similar experience.

I have also learned that an Iboga/Ibogaine flood is NOT reversible and there is NO iboga/ibogaine antidote; not even Atropine; Atropine is only given to help jump-start one's heart in case it slows to a stop

Iboga Panacea

Re: Accidental Flood (?) Please Be Careful!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
I actually accidently flooded on only 3.3 gr of RB.  My first time and "test dose".  People here seem pretty baffled.  Lets just say I am extremely susceptible.  Maybe more so than anyone I have heard of or observed before.  Not sure if it is a blessing or what, but it sure saves $. 

That first accidental flood was fucking scary, I had no idea what was coming.  Had some very intense visions that night including the spirit of the very ornery Iboga sharp edged creature...

anyone else seen him?

Offline theFathersheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
Thanks for the acknowledgement KP. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I would venture to say that there are some very important iboga flood details and aspects to consider:

- the flood comes on instantaneously (after about an hour of ingestion) of the "flood dose" ; there is not a "gradual rise in effect" as I ignorantly assumed, the auditory hallucinations (which were so "bizzare and so out of this world" came on like whoah...bam and the ataxia came on with it and THAT ataxia would probably be THE most dangerous part. (I was not expecting anything at all in the way of psychedelic effects therefore I was actually about to go for a drive along some very windy roads). One can hurt or kill others along with one's self if this is not taken seriously.

- I would say that if anything comes on gradually during an iboga flood phase, that would be the visions and the "type" of visions. The first "type" of visions that I experienced were the one's that randomly phased in and out. During this phase was when I saw things that were fearful and maybe even the creature you spoke of. After maybe a few hours and when I learned to surrender to iboga (this "surrendering"  I am convinced is quite imperative to a "good" iboga experience); This is when  I experienced what were much longer lasting "visions" and what I would call the "awakened dreaming" phase. I asked no questions, nor did I attempt to communicate and this may have contributed to the "more contiguous" visions. Some of these states of mind brought me outside of time and space as I knew it. When the visions ended, it was painful to my soul because there were some situations that I did not want to end. the answers to many of my questions came. There are some questions that have no closure, yet, there is a great sense of comfort. Another very important issue to remember is that one can be out of commission for many days. In my case, I was out for about 8 or 10 days. I also experienced a bit of fatigue for a few weeks. Emotionally though, I was quite "up" as I never experienced since maybe some of my better childhood moments that I have so long forgotten.

- Since some of the earlier visions and waking dreams can be rather frightening, one really needs to be emotionally prepared for such an ordeal. Even though, my first flood was quite accidental, I was actually emotionally and spiritually preparing for a flood dose as our dear friend from Vancouver BC advised us to do.

- I believe that a reputable provider or medically knowledgeable sitter is the safest way to go.

- This is SERIOUS PLANT MEDICINE. I personally experienced what I refer to as "A Certain Type of Death" for the first 3 days. Does that sound scary? IT IS.

- Ibogaine apparently accumulates in your system. Root bark may be the most dangerous because there is no way of telling how much you are getting.

- There does not seem to be an antidote, thus, there is not a "roundabout or U-turn" once the flood starts. Remember, atropine is only for "jump starting" your heart in case it slows to a stop. The flood-effects will continue.

I know all of this sounds scary, however, I am preparing for my next flood ...maybe in a few weeks. This time for spiritual reasons. And also with much more respect for this plant medicine.

-peace and love to all of you

Offline Knownothing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
Appreciate you taking the time to write this, theFatherheart.
Important knowledge indeed.

Offline theFathersheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »
My Dear Friend "Knownothing", Thank you for reading; per chance, if you might have read my personal intro, you may know a bit more about me. I also read your "post of many questions" and would still love to chime in there sometime; even though it is now so full of answers from the wonderful brothers and sisters here. Hopefully I may have been able to shed some light to some of your questions. I sort of know some your feelings and I personally have wanted to do similar things ...like disappearing from my present circle of acquaintances and starting a new life in a different surrounding. In a sense, this desire may also be related to what I believe to be the "human desire to reach a state of being that we were previously in." You stated that you were not a spiritual person "... had zero spirituality in and about my life, ever"; This is an excellent place to be because. Y'shuah (Jesus) Himself stated; "Blessed are the poor in spirit ..(or "spiritually bankrupt) " for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". In today's vernacular,  He may have said ..."If you have had "zero spirituality in and about your life, yours is a dimension and life that is outside of this world".  Now if that was said to me, I would follow Him and just see what He is talking about. I would want to get "there" After-all, I want to leave the state of mind that I am in right now; Don't you?. Now, this can be done without iboga;...Just ask Him, in the silence and secret and quite place of your heart and mind. You can even do it now. Nobody on earth has the corner on the "kingdom of heaven", you can be part of it now without joining any church or organization. I don't think He cares if there's a needle in your arm or if you are sucking on THC vapors right now or adjusting the lighting on your plants to stimulate flowering and keeping the male plants far away to prevent seeding. You are just in your 30's, your life is only beginning, but be aware that our life as we know it is but a mere vapor even if we are unfortunate and live to be 100.

But as for iboga, I am still truly intrigued by it and quite frankly a bit fearful of my new-found and quite peculiar affinity for this root and the places it has taken me. I also love your 'Eboka-name' of ("knownothing") because it is an excellent attitude to have about all things. That was truly my attitude during my floods.. I thought to myself: "oh man..., I know nothing, help! I didn't really want to do this! I surrender,.... I long for you my Maker, please meet me here". My relationship with iboga is indeed a peculiar one. "I do fear it, yet I want it"; It "has it's way" and through it all I am quite humbled and I realize, I know nothing and need to learn so much. When I am under the control of iboga, I am left choice-less but to realize that at that point, He is indeed my only help.

Offline Knownothing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »
Thank you for the wise words.
Yes, i´ve read your other posts. Iboga is still a rare subject with little info compared to most things so all posts like yours help giving answers, sometimes directly and other times subtle minor scale.

The spiritual part...hard to grasp man. I mean i get what you´re aiming at...but understanding words and REALLY understanding, two different worlds.

Offline buck36

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
When you happened upon the accidental flood, were you addicted to anything at the time? If so, did the flood help??

Offline theFathersheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »
Dear Buck, Know..,

Yes, I was addicted to opiates among other things. After my first "accidental shocking iboga experience", my addiction was certainly interrupted for the first time and I managed to remain opiate free. The flood helped me in a greater way than one might imagine because it brought me to a place where I was able to take a long and realistic look at some of my real problems. I am convinced that it helped me to see the root of all addiction in general. In a sense, iboga answered some questions that I didn't even know I was asking. Iboga is truly heavy to say the least. It helped me in more ways than i wanted to be helped which is what brought me to flood again. And today, I look at possibly flooding again and the thought of the whole experience concerns me and truly...somewhat frightens me. Even with these strong feelings, I think to myself ..."but so much was revealed to me and at the end of it, I was at so much peace...". And of course, I also realize that it might not go so well the next time. This is certainly serious business.
Was it life altering for me? Yes.
In a positive way? Yes.
Would I recommend it to anyone? Honestly - No, I would not.
That is a decision that one must make on their own after doing all of their due diligence and then some.
...if you are a "believer"; this definitely requires much serious prayer and fasting.

There are die-hard ebokites that may not like my answer, however, I have come to realize that many people do not take iboga seriously and also do not give it much respect. There are also those providers who appear to be in it for profit and I think that is truly wrong. As for me, I believe that God actually put it in my path because I was at the "end of my rope" with my opiate use and iboga brought me to a place where I got my arse kicked but afterwards, there were truly gentle and kind visions that were specifically for me. I do know that it might not be the same for everyone or even for me if I were to flood again.

It certainly changed my spirituality in a positive way, however, I don't think that will always be the case. There was a time during the first flood that I felt that it was starting to "go wrong" and that was a time when there were some bad and ugly things that I did not want to see. Somehow, I got some  Supernatural "help" and I was able to properly surrender to what iboga was working in me (I suppose). Shortly after is when the flood started to do some very positive things. The bottom line is this: I quickly saw how it can certainly go bad.

As for spirituality; it is truly hard to grasp. I know that there are those who yearn for a "third eye", I suppose, one could say that spirituality is a whole different world of perception and maybe the only one that matters for all eternity. If so, then that is what I would pour all of my being into.

Offline theFathersheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
Buck,

I also realized from your other posts that you have been microdosing. This is where I believe that one has to be extremely careful because of the noribogaine that gets stored inside the body. This is where I made a bodged miscalculation due to my haphazard gauging of the amount of TA being ingested. It was a good lesson though!

I also gather from your other posts that your mind is quite set on this journey. If you have not already done so, I would advise that you watch all the videos available on youtube and vimeo by Kenneth Alper, Jeffrey Kamlet, Deborah Mash. I regard these doctors as the most knowledgeable in the field (coincidentally; in that respective order). In addition to the fine members on this forum, Drs Alper, Kamlet and Mash are a must add to one's list of ibo-gurus. (maybe they are already here in this forum ;))Some of these videos might seem boring but they are very informative. Pay special attention to Dr Kamlet when he speaks about QT prolongation, grapefruit juice and certain teas that ought to be avoided for certain individuals during a flood.

here are just some sample videos from these chaps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybv27dNg5_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPFHF8khxY&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0xHfWr5_Y&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7ljxttGZ8&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XppON0Q1Lao&feature=channel&list=UL

Cheers- and may all have a blessed and wonderful weekend!
"the Father's Heart....because I desire to love others more than myself"

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »
i was coming down from some acid and decided last minute to do what i thought was going to be a nice 10 gram boost and ended up flooding . the next day i thought i had taken the whole 10 grams of rb i had capped up and in reality i had only consumed 7 of the 10 grams .
I was flying to my suprise , ooops !

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
Yeah those accidental floods sure get you, eh?  My first and only flood was an accident, well, it feels strange to say that since obviously it wasn't an accident exactly, but yeah, holy shit!  It was a seriously mind blowing fucking eye opener!  Woops!  Now, a planned flood seems almost less exciting or something I guess...lol.  All I can say is holy shit!

Offline Tapthesource

• Wake up, you've been asleep for far too long...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
When I was given my second flood dose of ibogaine hcl 1.5 grams and one gram of TA extract I had a terrible reaction. Heachache, weirdness that made me feel extreme discomfort both physicially and mentally, i screamed out, " i want this to Stop!!!" the nurse came in and said I cant make it stop but i can back it off. He put a line in my arm and pushed in 10 ccs of injectable Valium and wow did I feel 100% better and enjoyed the rest of the experience and felt great the next day....
"Knowledge, intuition and experience combine to guide us in thought and deed..."