Author Topic: still feeling blah – backslid with some kratom  (Read 2056 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
still feeling blah – backslid with some kratom
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
It's day 31 (I previously miscalculated the number of days). I laid off the kratom per recommendations, but needed to get some things done today so did about 4 g of bali kratom. Got part of my house vacuumed and cleaned up. Went for a couple of long walks. I have been out of the office this entire time as ambition has been totally lacking. I will need to get back sooner rather than later but I really don't see going back with this drained feeling. Dealing with the impatience continues to be a challenge. The kratom doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling like 80 mg of OxyContin, but more like feeling halfway normal with a little bit of motivation. Like all addicts I can rationalize the use of the kratom, but know deep down it is just prolonging the recovery of the endorphin system. Reading of others experiences with being blah for many months is discouraging. I have the advantage of being able to be out of the office for a long period of time. I have a good partner covering things, but she isn't going to be able to handle the caseloads of both of us for much longer. I worked on a couple files here at the house a little bit, but much more needs to be done really. At any rate, I am grateful for everyone's comments and suggestions and I continue to read here daily. I have been going to some AA meetings (I quit alcohol in 1989 through AA) and always leave there feeling better. I haven't shared about the ibogaine as I was told by some long timers to keep it to myself for now.

It is easy to identify and sympathize with several of you who have the ongoing blah feeling and lack of motivation several weeks or months after doing the flood. It is sometimes depressing. I tried tyrosine as several recommended, but got an uncomfortable anxious feeling that wasn't really an advantage over the blah feeling. The exercise and listening to good music does seem to bring a small amount of momentary relief. It's still not anything close to normal. Will continue to try to be patient. Thanks for all your help. All comments, criticism and advice are welcome and appreciated. I wish everyone the best.

Offline ready2stop

• View Profile
Re: still feeling blah – backslid with some kratom
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
I'm with you 100%...  but I'm only on day 20.    Good luck feeling better sooner vs. later.