Author Topic: Introducing yourself to Iboga before a flood  (Read 5144 times)

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
Introducing yourself to Iboga before a flood
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
So I have read a couple of things about Iboga that I would appreciate some feedback and advice on.

I read that its not a good idea to microdose before you've done your first flood. Why is that?

I also read that its a good idea to "introduce" yourself to Iboga before flooding. So if microdosing before is not recommended, how much RB would be a good way to shake hands and make acquaintances and how long prior to the flood should you do this?

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing yourself to Iboga before a flood
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »
Microdosing before a flood is fine, and often recommended, so not sure where you heard it isn't.  Starting with 300 mgs of ground up bark is a nice way to test it, then if you don't feel anything within an hour or so, then you can take some more, or you can try again the next day, as it will accumulate over the week, if you continue tiny doses.  I take enough to get a buzz, but for anyone new, it's a good idea to start small and see what you think.  Iboga lasts a long time, so you can expect the buzz to last all day.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Avendagold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
I found it very useful to take a small, one-off amount of TA before flooding.  It made me understand what Iboga is about.

I would personally recommend taking about 60-100mg of TA (60% ibogaine), which is  than less 1mg/kg. I found it was enough to give me the light-headedness and pensive feeling that characterise much larger doses of Iboga.  I sat for a friend who has never touched drugs and she also found it useful as it prepared her for what was to come.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with microdosing, as long as you don't overdo it and go into a subflood dose (anything over 4.5mg/kg). 
Be the change you want to see in the world

Offline buck36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
I haven't done a flood yet, but have started microdosing. I started out with one 300 mg cap rootbark just to test. I didn't feel much from it so decided it was o.k to try more and have been since using up to one and a half gram to help with reducing my methadone dose. It has helped me out and I have been able to lower my methadone by 15 Mg's in less than two weeks. I have found that if I do more than 600 Mgs rootbark for a couple days in a row, I start getting tracers. When I stop for a day they go away. I feel like this has been a good way to "introduce" myself to Iboga as I do plan on flooding within a month or so.

Offline Birdcatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
I haven't done a flood yet, but have started microdosing. I started out with one 300 mg cap rootbark just to test. I didn't feel much from it so decided it was o.k to try more and have been since using up to one and a half gram to help with reducing my methadone dose. It has helped me out and I have been able to lower my methadone by 15 Mg's in less than two weeks. I have found that if I do more than 600 Mgs rootbark for a couple days in a row, I start getting tracers. When I stop for a day they go away. I feel like this has been a good way to "introduce" myself to Iboga as I do plan on flooding within a month or so.
what is the Iboga is effecting since the meth is probably inhibiting its entry into the receptors. my ears perk up at the thought that Iboga may be used in the process of getting off the LAO. My current hurdle is getting to a low dose of the LAO. in my case, suboxone

Offline buck36

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
Usually for me a big drop in methadone dose would leave me uncomfortable for days and I would go right back up. Now with microdosing, I am able to do a 10 percent drop off methadone and whatever discomfort I would normally have is being taken care of by the rootbark it seems. I dont know the science behind this but I know its helping me to lower my dose quicker than without. I think maybe if my body is used to a certain methadone dose, then I take away 10 percent of that dose, this leaves some receptors empty?? I take the rootbark, 600 to 1500 mgs, and it calms down the symptoms. I dont know how this would work for sub, as sub sounds even more tenacious than methadone. I will say, today for example, I wont have ANY methadone (the clinic screwed me out of my sunday take home dose) so I will be taking rootbark as needed to get through this day. I anticipate that I wont have as many w/d symptoms as I would without it. I will report on how this goes later. I'm sure that by the end of the day, I will be pretty loopy from rootbark,but better than jumping outta my skin. As far as trying this with sub, I dont know how/if it would work. Ask Light, I think I remember him saying microdosing had no effect on sub tolerance. Dont quote me on this though:)

Offline Egokiller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »
I  have flooded twice in 2 weaks.
once with HCL and TA and the second was with
20 grams rootbark taken all at once 48 size(00) pills. Very enjoyable with the rootbark as the HCL & TA had me in the ambulance :-[
MY OVERDOSE WITH IBOGA & WHY YOU NEED A SITTER!!!!
http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=1804.0

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
the HCL & TA had me in the ambulance :-[

Can you please elaborate? 

Offline BlueTiger

• Pathological Liar, Thief & Preyer of the Vunerable
  • Global Moderator
  • I am nothing. I waste space. I deserve nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »
Egokiller

Your story can help others.  What happened that you were in the ambulance?

Twice in 2 weeks seems like a lot.  I have done 3 floods since April of this year in an attempt to interrupt an opiate addiction (and nicotine).  For me it started out as hydrocodone, and now has become Kratom extracts. 

Bottom line, you have to let the neuro-peptides do their job, while you do yours (living as balanced as can be). 

I am about to do a TA and and HCL combo flood (1 part TA, and 3 parts HCL).  I would appreciate it if you would share your story and any precautions you may have. 

I don't care if a family looses their five children because of me..as long as it gets me high for the night! :D

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »
Two floods very close together has made a few people a bit loopy, from what i have read.  That Nobu character said he did two floods in one month, and was in ibogaland for six months, and couldn't think straight, for awhile..  I am interested in how you wound up in an ambulance, too..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Egokiller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »
Hey guys, I made a thread about my overdose and hospital stay as requested  ;)
My intake was 1400 mgs HCL & 2 grms TA and I weigh 61 KG, male
Ive posted the thread in my signature for easy acess :D
MY OVERDOSE WITH IBOGA & WHY YOU NEED A SITTER!!!!
http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=1804.0

Offline samyama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
Interesting read here. I also thought that microdosing before a flood wasn't a good idea. Though I did that a few times, curiosity I guess. Those times weren't very nice for me, I dosed about 1 gram for 5 or 6 times and two times 4 grams, all during the last 18 months or so  more or less evenly spread. Made me question, do I want to do this flood yes or no?

It was only the last microdose that felt really right. Then I 'knew' that doing a flood was going to be next. Now, just a week after that flood I feel like wanting to do it again very soon. But also, have to wait as long as possible (like about 6 months), because of the very deep impact it has.

In a kind of hindsight microdosing beforehand was helpful and the way to go. It did promote a very careful attitude toward a first flood.