Author Topic: cleansing  (Read 2365 times)

Offline steve

• View Profile
cleansing
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
a friend of mine told me today that for ayoasca it is highly recomenced that people cleanse before use.
is this true before a flood with an opiate addiction?
if so what would people recomend and for how long thanks.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: cleansing
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
I don't know that I would mix harmalas and opiates..  I think achtwan did ayahuasca on methadone, but it gave quite a purge, although he is still around..  So, I imagine you could do it, I just don't know how safe it is to mix MAOIs with opioids..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Sym

• View Profile
Re: cleansing
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:29:27 AM »
ayahuasca diet:

http://www.biopark.org/peru/sqcleansing-01.html

Commonly shared characteristics of most vegetalista diets include abstinence from alcohol, sugar, salt, oils, pork, fat, and spices.  These substances may interfere with one's sensitivity and uptake of Ayahuasca so they are limited or abstained to heighten one's receptivity to the medicine.   Abstinence from sexual orgasm is also an integral part of this diet.  This is an important required for two reasons. First sexual abstinence conserves vital energy needed to engage the challenges Ayahuasca sometimes poses. Secondly temporary sexual abstinence from sexual activity and thoughts allows one to focus on the more profoundly spiritual dimensions of one's being
----------------------

In general, cleansing for health purposes, may also include eliminating or reducing caffein, nicotine, red meat, eggs, milk & milk products, wheat products and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, especially greens.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:37:25 AM by Sym »