Author Topic: Ibo in Mexico  (Read 14580 times)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Ibo in Mexico
« on: October 09, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
My question:  How would one go about obtaining quality ibogaine or T. iboga total alkaloid extract in Mexico?

Disclaimer:  Yeah yeah I know the party line.  EKG.  Other drugs.  Last Will and Testament.  Medical and financial Power-of-Attorney (in case I become an inadvertent member of the vegetable kingdom).  Kiss everyone goodbye.  Someone to hold my dik when I need to pee.  (BIG WINK)

My own personal philosophy prevents me from going to any place that could be considered a clinic where I would be considered a patient, exorbitant fees notwithstanding.

Plus, I have absolutely no desire to be shot by the Mexican mob in some shabby little room while lying helpless on my back in the middle of a conversation with my ancestors. (more WINKS)

What I do have is a wonderful, intelligent, capable, only slightly insane friend who owns a house near Guaymas, Mexico.  Said friend would be happy to watch over me during the session (I've already asked) as long as he could stick me with pins from time-to-time to make sure I hadn't croaked.  (Eye getting tired from WINKING.)

While I would ideally prefer a TA extract, there is no good way I know of to determine potency before administration without lab tests.  There are, however, some kitchen chemist teks for verifying ibogaine HCl:  1)  Visual inspection;  2)  Water solubility; and 3)  Melt point.  (If you know @ others like florescence, please enlighten!)

What would be perfect is a source in the Nogales or Guaymas areas where I could go, see the stuff and then pay for it.  (Free-of-charge would be another option I would certainly consider)  (Eye cramps getting intense)

If none such exist, the next best alternative would be having it sent to my friend's house in Mexico.  The least favored alternative, by far, would be driving hundreds of miles in Mexico to buy it in Tijuana or El Paso or wherever.

Winks and cramps aside, I am totally serious about this.  Serious enough to travel over two thousand mile to do so.  Serious enough to sell whatever possessions necessary (except for my guitar) to get the cash.

Heartfelt thanks in advance!

Peace & Love!!

Eon McKnight

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ibo in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »
Eon,

Did you know this forum has mailboxes?

If you are going to your friend's in MX anyway, I'd suggest getting a reputable supplier to just mail product there. Perfectly legal and hassle free.

Be sure to get more than you need. You may throw up some and need more to reach the effective dose. If you don't, you'll still have some left over for boosters, if you wish.

Feel free to email me if I can help in any way.

Tia

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:10:54 PM by Tia Serendipia »

fallout330

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
I was thinking of doing the same thing McKnight....since I'm here on the boarder of Juarez/El Paso, unfortunately, Juarez MX is not the most safest place right now...not sure when it will be again!

Thanks for the input Bev!  Out of town right now....will be back soon!

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
Dear Cal and Forum Members,

I am composing this note off-line so that I will not be influenced, distracted or discouraged by anything else until I have said what I need to say.

I have come to regret the tone of the original post in this topic.  Instead of humbly making a sincere request for information to assist me, I was 'cracking-wise' while making a sincere request for information to assist me.  My regrets are based upon the following:

((1))  Eboka is regarded by some as their sacrament.  Though I surely cannot now regard Eboka as one of my personal sacraments, never having partaken, I do indeed regard it as sacramental.  Ibogaine, whether extracted from Eboka or synthesized, is to me also sacramental.

((2))  Real humor, given to promote closeness and joy, needs to based upon respect and consideration, i.e. compassion.

((3))  Real humor is an intimate, playful and friendly thing.  Enemies joke at each other.  Friends joke with each other.  While being an excellent means of sharing information, the Internet does not readily communicate the 'fuzzy' things such as friendship, affection and emotions.  It is likely that someone coming upon my post would not see it as friendly.

((4))  To the credit of you all, the friendship I have felt while participating in this forum opened the door for me to display the wacky, out-of-bounds side of my inner nature.  What I failed to consider was anyone else out there seeing my post, shaking their head and thinking "That guy is seriously screwed up, I'm going to a site where I can find some sanity and good information."  Not what you want, I presume.

((5))  I may have done more harm to my 'cause' than benefit.

In short, I failed to show both the Sacrament and my new 'Forum Friends' respect and consideration.

To explain, but not to justify, my outburst I submit the following:  At this particular point in my life I believe that Eboka would be the perfect medicine, but I feel lost and confused, at times, about how to proceed.  I realized that my buddy with the house in Mexico would welcome me and respect my intentions.  I would not be doing anything illegal, not that that is particularly important at this point in my existence.  But, and this is important, I would not have to ask anyone to do anything illegal on my behalf.  Plus, I thought the plan had a chance of success.

It was definitely an eureka moment.  Fortunately, I was not taking a bath at the time (and the weather was somewhat inclement) or I might have been arrested while running naked through the streets yellin' and hollerin' like a maniac.  Instead, I sat down at my computer and started yellin' and hollerin' over the Internet, like a maniac.

I humbly present the following actions for your comments and/or approval:

((A))  Do nothing.  Let it be and let things follow their course.

((B))  Obliterate the entire thing and pretend it never happened (off to the bit-bucket, you rascal).  This would provide the benefit of instant relief for me.

(While not providing a cure, denial does have potent short-term anesthetic properties.)

((C))  Allow me to edit out everything in the original post that I find inappropriate and then pretend it never happened.

((D))  Add this note as a preamble and 'disclaimer' to the original post so that anyone seeing it won't be quite so offended or turned-off by what follows.

((E))  Follow your more informed advice.  Please remember I'm pretty much a noob here, a stranger in a strange land, and I do not yet know what is possible or customary.

Cal and Forum Members, I now leave this for your consideration.  This pretty much all I wanted to say here, except to wish you all the same things I wish for myself:

Peace, Love and a Little Self-Control,

Su Amigo,

Eon McKnight

fallout330

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
Hey Eon,

I really didn't see a problem with your original post.  I can understand the desire to overcome the issues your dealing with.  The tone in which you posted didn't seem offensive, so I don't think an apology would be needed.  Your not the only one in the same boat in regards to wanting to go though a Iboga/Ibogaine treatment/experience.  Doing it the "proper" way is a bit expensive, so finding alternate, "safe" option is understandable....I have thought of the same.  Currently I have my family and a free SNRI's pharmacutical(Pristiq) to assist in stability at this time.  I'm not very enthusiastic about relying on the SNRI's at this time, but the positives seem to out weight any negatives for the moment.  Sometimes you have to do what is necessary to get by.  Wish you peace man!  I did fall into a alcohol binge about 2 weeks ago, so I know my personal issues are still alive and well, so the desire to have more control over this burden is more precedent in my mind now. 

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »
Thanks for your kind reply, fallout.  Guess that you're for option ((A)).  Unfortunately, not everyone out there shares your understanding nature (referring to those not on the Forum  -- only peace, love and understanding here).

I have tried SSRIs and SNRIs other than Pristiq.  They all made my head feel like it was going to explode  --  a sensation of constant pressure.  And it is a concern of mine (NOT!) that Big Pharma would suffer financially should a substance be found that cures 'psychological' problems with a single dose.  The only thing that would be worse (NOT! NOT!!) is if it were a natural substance that could not be patented...

Yeah, I've heard @ Juarez.  How far is that from Guaymas?

Peace, Love & More Peace, More Love!

McKnight

"Find myself some time to find my way outta here"  --  Gomez
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:04:18 AM by Eon McKnight »

fallout330

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
Hey Eon,

Yeah, I'd rather be free of any psychotropic Pharmaceuticals, but at the moment, especially to have peace with my wife I decided to go along with the medication.  It has been fairly helpful with minimal side effects.

Guaymas, is a good distance from Juarez, MX.  I'm here near the state of Chihuauha, MX and Guaymas is in the state of Sonora.....looks like at least 500 miles or more.  Guaymas sounds like a pleasant town....certainly compared to Juarez, MX.

Peace

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »
Option 'A', with a big dose of 'relax, we understand'.
Everyone is a bit odd in their own way, and I see nothing you've posted here that needs editing, nothing at all.

Heya fallout! Nice to be slowly getting to know you in three online arenas! ;)

Eon, I was possessed by the idea of Ibo long before I had it in my hand, I knew it would change me profoundly, I knew it was what I needed to experience. There was not a day that went by that I was not talking about it, reading about it, or trying to gather the dollars to do it. I really do understand. No faux pas on your part has been committed! Your sincerity is to your credit!

peace and jovial Black Santa Clauses

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »
You're all good McKnight, once again I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Tia...I don't even have to post, just point to her stuff!  ;D

Your sense of humor resonates with me - I think we're all more alike than not...

Peas.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:50 AM »
As long as people understand (as I know you do, fallout & Cal) that I was expressing frustration with current laws, frustration with current views, that I need to travel 1000s of miles to receive medicine as the underlying reason for my not-really-but-might-be-misinterpreted-as-disrespectful outburst, I'll be totally relaxed (thanks, Tia).

You guys is too good to silly ol' me.

I love it!

Don't stop ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

peas & carrots,

McKnight
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:33:03 AM by Eon McKnight »

Offline zzgone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »
I think it would be dangerously impulsive to attempt scoring iboga without an experienced provider on hand in the event things went sideways. This is a far cry from a recreational experience, it is an untypical psychedelic, that folks rarely find enjoyable and it is by no means a magic bullet. If you happen to be currently in a state of opiate dependency you can anticipate feeling utterly thrashed post ibogaine for at least 3 weeks. Without a support system in place and returning to your same environment and "friends" I would say you'd hardly stand a chance of remaining clean. Out of curiosity what would you folks consider a fair price for an ibogaine treatment?

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
Good post zz! Thank you...

You are absolutely right on all points - I have done iboga for opiate addiction and "thrashed" is the best adjective I've heard yet describing how I felt post-session. Good word. Rarely does an addict (IMO) look past the acute phase of withdrawal, this being the 'built-up' be all end all of their situation. I mean, for me it was the anxiety and agony of actually 'kicking' that kept me in the maze for so many years - but to my surprise iboga practically eliminated any protracted withdrawal symptoms. Let me clarify: Indeed I felt physically "thrashed" as you so eloquently put it, but my emotions and my mindset were surprisingly buoyant - and it was this aspect of the session that I finally realized held the gold for me...The severe depression and mourning that are so common once a person is on the other side of acute w/d was simply not there. I was very emotionally sensitive, but so stoked that I survived in the first place, and that I would never ever have to go through w/d again that I was just...well, happy for the first time in many many years.

Your advice to have an experienced provider present is invaluable. This medicine is unlike traditional psychedelics and having a 'sitter' who's untrained, at least in basic rescue would be ill-advised. The medical concerns of an iboga treatment, regardless of what the session is for, cannot be understated. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"...indeed. I still think iboga is far safer than some would have us believe, reading as many reports as I can get my hands on, cross referencing them and talking with experienced providers has led me to draw some of my own conclusions concerning iboga related deaths. There seems to be some common denominators that are glanced over by those who oppose this work: pre-existing health concerns, particularly cardiac, and more often, inadvertent overdoses post-session by under educated people who, probably, rushed in to the treatment thinking that it was a 'magic bullet'. It is indeed sad and my heart aches for those people, but I truly believe with the appropriate pre screening and after care that we can absolutely mitigate tragic instances like those, and bring a clearer picture of the safety and efficacy of this work to folks who need it.

Needless to say, the legal status is preposterous. A schedule one drug by definition has "no medical value, and a high propensity for abuse"...sound like eboka to you?? I won't even start...

zz, you pose an interesting and fair question my man - one that I'm surprised I haven't heard before. As for cost of a session, it's really hard to say for several reasons: first, how do you put a price on such freedom and healing? Next, I would that there were providers with the resources to help those out who cannot afford 'commercial' treatment - my friend and my brother both paid $5000 several years ago...I know another person on another forum who spent less and got their session done in Holland. But it was still close to three grand I think. The medicine itself is costly, which blows my mind, I mean, with the rising popularity and interest we see here, you'd think that someone somewhere would be investing in cultivation. That would be ideal. I think that it takes so much plant material to extract the Hcl that it's almost wasteful...Two of my closest peeps have done both the ibogaine hcl and the TA extract and each of them much preferred the TA. This came as no surprise. It really is difficult to put a price tag on treatment, but unfortunately even though money is totally fake, we need to consider it. If there were somehow a 'sliding scale' for those who can come up with a portion of costs, and have the rest covered by say, philanthropic interests that would be great...for the sake of discussion here I will toss out a figure in my head : I'd like to see a good treatment run no more than $2000 - that would (somehow) include everything. Medicine, sitters, immediate post session counseling etc...I'm open for dialogue this is an important topic.

Thanks for sharing!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

fallout330

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
That sounds about what a reasonable price would be for treatment Cal....$2000-$3000

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
I think this is also a great q, zz.
Yeah, what Cal said. ;)
More later, but thanks for bringing up this much-pussyfooted-around topic.

Unfit for human consumption today,
Tia

fallout330

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
Yeah i know what you mean about "much-pussyfooted-around", Tia.  I noticed it's almost taboo to bring that up in the MindVox Ibogaine forum, that's why I never posted a question about this.  I thought the best deal was with a provider who was going to charge me $2000 flat.  Never went though unfortunately.