Author Topic: Iboga and Nootropics ~ Contraindication or Synergy?  (Read 10804 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Iboga and Nootropics ~ Contraindication or Synergy?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
i found studies showing that ibogaine prevents and protects from excitotoxicity

please note:
ibogaine is an nmda antagonist and noopept is an nmda agonist

Thanks JBG.  Would you please clarify the above statements?  It sounds like you are saying you are still weary about MDing and taking Noopept together....? Forgive me for 'glutamate receptors' are not my best understood neuro-function.     

I aced cognitive neuroscience and I am still trying to decipher your message here. 

I was thinking of doing seasonal MDing before I read these concerns and before I even heard of Noopept, but if Noopept works as well as I hope, then cycling that may be enough.  What a world!

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 04:22:11 AM »
i found studies showing that ibogaine prevents and protects from excitotoxicity

please note:
ibogaine is an nmda antagonist and noopept is an nmda agonist

It sounds like you are saying you are still weary about MDing and taking Noopept together....?   

I aced cognitive neuroscience and I am still trying to decipher your message here. 

I was thinking of doing seasonal MDing before I read these concerns and before I even heard of Noopept, but if Noopept works as well as I hope, then cycling that may be enough.  What a world!

The worry I had would be that iboga + noopept might cause excitotoxicity
It now seems that this might NOT be the case

I have no idea what this means. It could mean they cancel each other out.
However this is NOT what i experienced - although there were 'aspects' of this
If we would say that ibogaine was only an nmda antagonist and
noopept was only an nmda agonist
then it would be simple;
but each one affects the brain and neuro systems in so many ways
MOST of which are not understood yet

I plan on another 3 round cycle in a  few weeks

In actuality theh safest way might be
3 months noopept followed by 1 month root bark, etc
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
3 months Noopept, 1 month RB, hmmm

First off, I am flabbergasted at the effects of today ALONE.  Mind you I was unable to measure with accuracy, but I'd like to think I dosed 3 times today with Noopept from (CH) approx. 30-60mgs total.  I will get more accurate soon.  Stupid scale is cheap. 

Now, I smoke weed, you could consider me a connoisseur.  I am medically approved to do so, and I love it.  It certainly has it's demotivating effects (and I will cut back soon, I can feel it), but I think for the purpose of this experiment, I must continue to do so for at least the first two stages of reported noticed effects.  For example, I smoked some green flower today per usual, did my doses of Noopept, and felt effects that had no chance of being placebo.  I was smoking ganja and got laser sharp focus and was reading and writing faster, that doesn't typically happen when I open up my medicine jar from CO's finest. 

I felt the need to smoke less weed today, which is big since I have been doing a little bit of marijuana replacement therapy for no longer being a cigarette smoker.  I was enjoying the laser focus.  No need to summon any energy or motivation to fulfill the daily mission.  It was as simple as thought, to action, with a calm and excited feeling in between.  Almost feels like it's too good to be true.  As of today, I expect the therapeutic effects to grow as mentioned below.  My only concern would be what happens when you stop.  Seems as if this is stage 2 of clinical trials.  I am on Day 1 of Blue's trials  8) 

Therapeutic effect Noopepta evident with 5-7 days of treatment, in the form of protivotrevozhnogo and tonic effects. At 7-14 days of therapy, there vegetonormalizuyuschee effect, normalization of sleep. From 14-20 days of therapy revealed a positive effect on cognitive function of the drug, the parameters of attention and memory

Offline axl617

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:16 AM »
How do you stomach noopept? I am on about my second gram which I got from a friend who sells it in bulk. It is by far the worst taste I have ever experienced, maybe next to an ayahuasca brew I had. I haven't been taking it for a while just because of the taste. I don't really seem to get any obvious effects

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »
How do you stomach noopept? I am on about my second gram which I got from a friend who sells it in bulk. It is by far the worst taste I have ever experienced, maybe next to an ayahuasca brew I had. I haven't been taking it for a while just because of the taste. I don't really seem to get any obvious effects

How and how much are you dosing? 

Offline axl617

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 03:23:08 AM »
Initially I would keep it under my tongue and wait till it dissolves. Then tried putting it in shakes or honey to ease the taste. Now I just swallow and drink water. Usually I pinch a bit, probably around 200mg

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
Usually I pinch a bit, probably around 200mg

No, this is not good. 
The daily max is 60 mgs with Noopept. 
You can over do it with this nootropic...
Be careful axl. 

1 gram of Noopept should last you for several weeks.
The effects accumulate.    :)

You may just not groove with this nootropic right now.