Author Topic: new guy  (Read 3248 times)

Offline strk.one

• View Profile
new guy
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »
Hey everyone im pulling up a log so to speak. Ive been lurking around here and other sites for a bit. Im going in to the flood zone hopefully after the new year. Money being the deciding factor. New job new residence and slow time of the year make for short pockets. I have been a long time drug user and am now suboxone free 1 month . The perpose of my flood is as an after thought to my drug use and. A spiritjourey ive experience with the pharmahuaska so to speek and am lookin for any advice or tips that may be of help. My first aya experiece was sposed to be alone but when i came out of my flash i had to get help.  :'( I will have someone here for me during this experience as i know ill be incapacitated. Anyways hello all and i look forwarrd to any interaction . ;D
Life is like a box of chocolates you never know whitch one is gonna have the rum in it...

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:46:40 AM »
Greetings, very glad to have you on board. Hope you feel at home here, we all have as much in common as we have differences. An altogether really special place - Many of us have been or currently are right where you describe your own being at this time, I look forward to learning more and hearing about your decisions about iboga treatments. remember to research as much as possible and take your time. Safety always is paramount!

Maybe a little more specifics would go a long way in getting members to chime in on these questions you elude to  :D

There's tons of experience threads to look over as well as a wealth of subjective anecdotal and even a nice smattering of real life empirical 'science' to peruse heh.

Again welcome to you, hope you stick around, Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline strk.one

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
Thnx for the reply i guess i was kinda vague. I have contacted michelle and she advised me on 1.5 hci and 1 gm ta. Ive been reading alot on here and will pose this question in the proper forum but i feel this is a large amount for a 160 lb male. Any thoughts on this i will pose this quetion elswhere too. Again thnx for the reply good to meet you.....A
Life is like a box of chocolates you never know whitch one is gonna have the rum in it...

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »
I'm 180 lbs and did 1.5 hcl and 1.2 ta per Michelle. Worked well.

Offline buck36

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Hi. I got advice from Michelle before my flood dose and thought it sounded like too much. This worried me, to be honest, I was kind of nervous I did follow her recommendation and looking back, I think I may have under dosed. Not because her calculations were wrong but because my habit was massive/long term methadone. If you keep reading around here you'll see that everyone is different.
 How long were you on Suboxone,and are you still having PAWS? You mentioned before that you use Kratom now. Do you still have w/d breakhrough when you don't take the kratom?
 If I could do it over,I would have followed her recommendation then added more. I'm not giving dose advice advice here. Just letting you know my limited experience with flood. I think Michelle calculates based on weight . The dose you need should also be based on the length/strength of the habit you have.

Offline strk.one

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
hey buck i have been off the subs for little over a month and the kratom works wonders at first i had to take it thru out the day and night i sleep thru the night now and to be honest probably have a kratom habit however small that it may be im just more energized with it i was experiencing the paws but think that the majority have left me. I was taking the subs in small 1 mg doses from feb till nov. I did get up to 2 mg at one point but continued to taper down using sao and the kratom. By the time i get enough money for the flood dose ill have been off the opiates for a bit.. The ta is obviously cheeper do u think that there is an appropriate ta only dose. i guess i should ask her but im not ready to purchase as of yet and dont wanna keep bothering them. Anyways i do agree that more is better ive had some shattering experiences w tryptamines and by the time i do this itll be purely a spiritual thing so the question about dose is really pertaining to the fact that i wont actually be breaking any addiction cycles per se. thnx again for the reply..... 

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »
I took 5 grams of TA at around 140 lbs, which at 60% pure alkaloids, would still be around 47-48 mgs/kg, so I wouldn't be afraid to take her advice, and also grab a little extra just in case, or for boosters as needed.  Under doing it on iboga can lead to discouragement/disappointment, and you really need to crack open your head that first time, to give your body/mind the very best chance at full on change.  Any unhealthy habits will drop away easier, regardless of the significance of the spiritual trip to you personally, due to the metabolites stored in your system after the flood, so even if you never get some profound revelation, the physical effects of a large dose will almost make it seem to feel better to do better, healthier things, subconsciously..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline strk.one

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »
right on gratefuldad. thats kinda what i figured. i have quit the classic opiates i take kratom at 3 gm 3 times a day. this initially helped with the suboxone aftereffects but its now helping me with my back and neck issues. quite successfully however im bringing that amount down befor i flood but i will head your advice and remember little more is better than little less. any advise for some one going into this w only my wife in my own home for this flood??