Author Topic: I think iboga can ruin your life.  (Read 9947 times)

Offline TANYA

• View Profile
I think iboga can ruin your life.
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:19:41 AM »
Hi everyone. i think iboga can ruin your life. i really believe this. if you have ANY mental health issue beforehand-including anxiety- DONT DO IT. i really need to get the word out there. i have suffered so so much from only MICRODOSING and not more then 600mg. of root bark a week for about 3 months. i am on strong medicines now, and fear has come more to the surface. a fear a never knew before. PLEASE I BEG YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE AND ARE CONSIDERING IBOGA, DONT DO IT.

Offline dusttrust

• View Profile
Re: I think iboga can ruin your life.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:31:08 AM »
I do have mental health issues, yet iboga benefited me incredibly. However, I did a flood and never microdosed. Actually, I've seen many posts saying how microdosing worsened people's condition.

As for anxiety, I deeply recommend you to do shikantaza zazen daily. If you are interested, let me know and I will tell you how to do it. Shikantaza zazen is extremely easy: once you are in the lotus position, all you have to do is wait! There is no mental effort to do. While this may not seem to hold great benefit, it does. I actually had anxiety attacks before and since I started doing shikantaza daily, not only have I never had any panic attack, but I am much, much, much calmer. Even after a few seconds of shikantaza, one already starts to feel better.

This may be what you need to get rid of your anxiety.

As for the iboga that can ruin one's life, well, in the rare cases where it happens, I do believe it is reversible! And shikantaza is one way to do so. At last, I deeply advice against microdosing! Or if one does (some people do report benefiting from this) listening to one's reaction is extremely important so that one knows when to stop or lower dosage.

Still, I believe this is reversible.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »
TANYA,
No offense but enough already.  How many times are you going to say this?  We get the point. 

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
in order to truly help others tanya
can you give us a complete personal history
specifically including diagnosis and previous medications

your experience could then be a warning for those who have the same diagnosis etc
personally i know of several people who suffered years, decades of mental illness and after one flood
have now lived years of healthy happy lives
jbg

one who is not willing to die can never truly live
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline wayward_soul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
Hi everyone. i think iboga can ruin your life. i really believe this. if you have ANY mental health issue beforehand-including anxiety- DONT DO IT. i really need to get the word out there. i have suffered so so much from only MICRODOSING and not more then 600mg. of root bark a week for about 3 months. i am on strong medicines now, and fear has come more to the surface. a fear a never knew before. PLEASE I BEG YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE AND ARE CONSIDERING IBOGA, DONT DO IT.

Honestly,  tanya perhaps you should stop the pussy footing around and use it how its suppossed to be used?  It ain't meant to fuck around with its meant to help those that are addicted to whatever not meant to be abused and I am not saying you did but, you are supposed to flood yourself with it.   

Its not something that's meant to be played with.  Seems to me that while you were "micro" dosing you probably caused your underlying metal conditions to worsen.   

Instead a one time flood you have subjected yourself to a lot more than you are supposed to.   If may I be so brash as to ask Y if you knew you had said underlying mental conditions would you take such a powerful entheogen over and over again in the first place. 

Any tripper worth a grain of salt knows that if you take something for a prolonged period of time that  extremely powerful adverse shit is gonna happen.   To me in your case it would be  smoking DMT everyday for 3 months.  You can believe its gonna mess with your head.   Maybe its best for you to stay away from psychedelics before you end up in the mental ward.  From what I have read it seems like your issue is lack of education about and inexperience with psychedelics period.   

Either that or get the courage up and just do the damn flood and reset your brain and stop dogging iboga,  I have persnally seen it help ALOT of people some with and some without mental problems.  It's not a toy and should be used as it meant to be and with the up most respect.

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 03:23:20 AM »
perhaps after a lifetime of struggling with dis-ease
and fighting a courageous battle
iboga has presented itself as the ideal
place the blame outside of your own self

it is always easier to find an external source to blame
than to stare oneself down in a mirror
your life was difficult before
your life is difficult now
all our lives our difficult
for a few years you medicated / numbed the underlying issues
now you have an opportunity to truly heal yourself
get to work
but please - do not blame
you had a lifetime of problems and maybe they are more challenging now
but that does not mean that you can blame iboga for your life
may you have the courage to accept your current situation,
let go of the past
and move on with your life
whatever the situation or difficulty
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »
Yes, Please don't tell people it can ruin their life!  For me and many others it has Saved theirs... If I remember correctly you were using SSSRI's prior to microdosing, how long did you stop those before using Ibo?  Probably not long enough, and that can seriously fuck you up... just because you are doing it wrong and feeling bad, doesn't give you the right to tell everyone it will ruin their lives!  I am sure it has helped MANY more people than it has hurt.  So please STOP!!!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
ALSO, if you still have Iboga in your system and are now on STRONG MEDICINES (I am assuming anti depressants) That will fuck you up too.  Stop them until all of the Ibo is out of your system, which will probably take awhile since you have been microdosing for so long.  It can be very dangerous.

Offline TANYA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:26:10 AM »
Hi everyone im sorry for offending anyone.
i dont have experience with enthogens, you are right. i really dont.
ive only smoked cigaretts in the past and pot.
everyones experience will be different.
iboga is not a toy, and is not meant to be played with.
i never played with it. the only reason i did it was for medicinal purposes.
believe me. im almost 40, i have no desire at this point in my life to toy around with enthogens,
or any other drugs. marijuana didnt do enough to really make me want to do it again, and i never did enthogens before.

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
If you refuse to acknowledge your true reality,
if you've never wanted more out of life,
if you enjoy the status quo and want things to stay the same,
if you cant embrace change and the unknown paralyzes you,
if you have no experience with plant teachers and havent done much research about them,
if you have no yearning for freedom in any way, feel just fine, and like things the way they are,
then yes please never try Iboga.

Offline Sym

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
x
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:37:16 AM by Sym »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 01:08:14 AM »
Other than what has been said, people need to realize iboga is a drug and it has effects/side effects that occur when you take it.  While it may present a new/different viewpoint on your life or outlook, it wears off, and eventually completely leaves your system.  When it is gone, unless you've made permanent changes in your lifestyle and/or choices, you will go right back to feeling the way you did before. 

Iboga can be a catalyst for change, but the effects definitely wear off, so it alone CANNOT ruin your life unless you die, or you make decisions/choices that ruin your life after taking it.  No drug gives permanent effects or people wouldn't need to keep taking them. 

If you have a mental illness, it could exacerbate the issue, but it still wears off, so you could go back to taking whatever it is you were, and you should feel the same..  Iboga doesn't have permanent effects, people's choices can, though..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:10:55 AM by GratefulDad »
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline PrimusCantus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
My opinion is. The natural medicines works and even cure from illness. You should go on and do something for yourself. But a lot of people just like their status quo and they feel comfortable with that. I never heard that a pharmaceutics cured someone. From my experiences is better to go first with Kambo, Ayahuasca and than with Iboga. Of course not alone, but with a healer who knows what he is doing. My first experience with Iboga was just crazy and really frightening, because I did it alone, but than with the shaman was a total different thing. I stopped smoking after 25 years. I was intend to stop and to get deep in myself to find the answer. I found it. When we do this kind of treatments we must have a clear intention. We are the ones who chose what will happen and we are responsible for what we get from the plants and not the plants. The plants works just fine their 50% of the job. Great journey. ;)
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline TANYA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 03:04:34 AM »
I dont understand why this thread hasnt been locked by the administration also. talking about: "  - --- footing" which is extremely nasty and rude. each person is different. if i have a fear of flooding, then thats my own damn fear. not yours so dont worry about it and dont get an attitude with me and make me feel like shit bec. i didnt flood. thankyou.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
I dont understand why this thread hasnt been locked by the administration also. talking about: "  - --- footing"

I don't understand what you mean.  Obviously this a thread open for debate to lock it would mean there is nothing to debate or it has gotten so hot and gossipy that it is too controversial.  This topic is just fine and dandy IMO.