Author Topic: Feeling alone and in need of support! Planning flood # 4 within a week or two.  (Read 3758 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So, here is my brief back story with opiates.  I was on hydros for 2+ years and did my first Ibogaine flooding last April, 2012.  I was sober for 1 month, then got back into Kratom.  Since this time I have done 2 more Ibogaine floods.  One was HCL which helped me stay off K for another month, and one was Tabernathe Iboga (full spectrum) which did not seem to work with the same profound efficacy as the HCL -- I was also attempting to quit cigarettes, with the TA (tabernathe iboga), not opiates.  Just to preface, all Iboga I obtain is 98% pure. 

The PAWS is what gets me coming back after a month or so.  I am working on how to combat that with exercise, therapy, nutrition, trying to quit cigs, etc.  I am open to any feedback you may have on PAWS or anything. My gf wants me to try an antidepressant or mood stabilizer to combat PAWS, but I am not as open to that.

Most importantly, I haven't worked since April and I need to be employed in the next 30-60 days.  Kratom is nothing short of amazing, but I don't feel stable on it.   My love for my gf is through the roof (which is scary to think that this is because of the drugs -- I almost don't trust my reality).  Before Kratom, I was on the couch all day, not caring about anything (just smoking weed and deteriorating).  Since I got back on Kratom, I have been interviewing and regaining my confidence and self worth, doing yoga, being super social, etc, but still not stable enough to work in an office and be presentable.   Now I MUST start working and be a professional again.  Thus, I was thinking about doing another Ibogaine flood (#4 this year).  Truthfully, I don't want to.  It's a tough experience......but I will if it is the best choice.....

I am currently on 5+ grams or more of Gold Reserve Kratom extract a day and I too could also go through a bottle of tincture a day (easily) in that same day.  I have been on Kratom on and off for a year or so, and this most recent stint has been for a couple months.  I quickly went from a about 4 doses a day of 3-5 grams of plain leaf.  That evolved into each dose needing to be a minimum of 7-10 grams if just plain leaf, or 5 grams of enhanced/enriched leaf maybe with .5 gram of extract, and within the last 2 weeks I have been taking 00 size capsules of Gold Reserve every 1-3 hours totaling about 7 doses a day.  My tolerance is growing fast.  I am detoxing by 3AM now so badly that I cannot sleep past that hour for the last 2 nights in a row.   

I have never started a thread on any online community, but I obviously needed to.  I appreciate and welcome your feedback on my situation via this thread, PM, email, etc.  I just want to be successful and to know that I am not alone.  I am going to try and make it up to the mountains tonight to snowboard tomorrow.  I hope I am physically up to it (loopy and nauseous currently)....it will serve as some much needed food for my soul. 

Offline buck36

• View Profile
I dont know for sure,but have heard Kratom extracts can be tricky with Iboga. It acts as as stimulant as well as having some opioid activity. I havent heard much about doing Iboga to get off Kratom. Are there potential complications to watch out for like with other stimulants ? Adderal,Meth ect...

Offline alopezg1

• View Profile
maybe give sceletium tortuosum a try instead of an ssri; i'm about to start taking it
so can't really comment until i actually get the herbs in my system, but apparently
it can work wonders for anxiety and depression in some cases. Believe me ssri's can be nasty
and i am not sure about the contraindications with iboga; certainly you can't go anywhere near
ayahuasca for at least 6 weeks after discontinuing , and this can be a complete nightmare. I was on
225mg venlaflaxine or effexor as its also called; the withdrawal was absolute hell . For weeks
i felt like i was in some weird dream , chronic stomach cramps, 'brain zaps' and just generally wanting to kill
myself . Not fun at all! having said this if sceletium doesn't take , theres no reason why an ssri - not effexor!-
at a low dose couldn't work wonders. They can and do change peoples lives for the better , but if you can keep things
'natural' i think thats just a safer path to take. Sceletium doesn't seem to have many if any adverse side effects
- apparently- and pregnant women can take it, so if that does it for you , i'd go for that. Also st. johns wort
is a natural ssri . Hope this helps and good luck

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for your replies!  I have my Iboga here, and was planning on flooding tomorrow morning (If not, Tuesday).  I don't feel ready.   :-\  There are two things that are stopping me as of now.  First is your post Buck, and second is I am waking up at 3-4AM in detox and cannot go back to sleep without the extract.  I even got some hydros (vicodins) to replace taking Kratom for a couple of days before flooding.  I took half of them between yesterday and 6AM this morning, and then I caved and took some extract  :-[ ......I fell back asleep from 7-10:30AM. 

My girlfriend is going to sit me, per usual.....and she knows her job.  I have never been on these extracts either, and my Iboga medical guru has no reliable information for me either regarding kratom (and nothing regarding the extracts).  He has treated thousand's of patients over the last decade, for all sorts of ailments, but no Kratom extracts.  His advice is as usual which is to wait until I am at a 6 or 7 on the pain scale, and then to begin my descent.  He called me last night from the 5th synthesis festival in the Yucatan, what a guy.  So, I may be able to reach him if need be.  I may also call some other clinics today to pull some information.   

My blood oxygen level is considered really good for a smoker and I am not overweight...... 

I dont know for sure,but have heard Kratom extracts can be tricky with Iboga. It acts as as stimulant as well as having some opioid activity. I havent heard much about doing Iboga to get off Kratom. Are there potential complications to watch out for like with other stimulants ? Adderal,Meth ect...

Buck:  You have me a little nervous about your post regarding the difference between extracts and plain leaf, and if they need to be treated like an amphetamine, meaning days if not weeks of abstinence before flooding for safety reasons.   

alopezg: I will certainly check out the sceletium tortuosum.  Thanks for the rec.  I cannot take St. John's due to a possible interaction with my daily xanax. 

If anyone has any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it.  I will be online most of the day trying to do my due diligence. 

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Any word Tiger?

I am anxious to hear from you - and I wish we would have had the oppurtunity to connect before you flooded, I should have liked to know more about these other floods (between your first and most recent) - some specifics that I have not found in your other posts. They might be there but I often only have time for quick perusals of posts, then if we are all lucky, I will be able to respond with an over-worded and too lengthy reply  ;D

I am praying for you and holding vibes for you and your journey - I am hoping that perhaps something may have happened to postpone your endeavor  and that we can hammer out a few more solid ideas. One thing I always balk at is being in a hurry to flood: I know this as good or better than anyone because I have done it myself so many times. I have five floods under my own belt 2 on wood two on TA and one on ibogaine and I KNOW how taxing it is....sometimes, when we flood this many times, especially in rapid succession, it can somewhat 'take away' if you will, a bit of the power and genius of the medicine. To me, flooding this often means we need to look very closely at something we are missing, we cannot see the forest for the trees, when we get 'I NEED to flood' in our heads we become blinded to other areas we dearly need to explore...  things like cognitive behavioral 'therapy' other non drug/chemical related solutions to our issues. I totally dig that ibo is desired for the acute phase, to punch the lights out of that monkey on our backs so we can have his punk ass in front of us and trounce him fair and square....but consider this: WE need to do the trouncing, iboga is only in our corner, it is our trainer, ally, mentor, friend and backup, it'll make sure we do not get jumped or ganged up on - it makes this whole bloody affair into a fair fight, so that we CAN stand a chance against what were always overwhelmingly obscene odds. This is why willpower has NOTHING to do with why addicts are addicted. People who never experience physical chemical dependency sometimes have real difficulty understanding this, but it is no cop-out, it is proven time and again both with empirical data and tons upon tons of subjective anecdotal evidence.

I do not think it is prudent or even necessarily 'good for you' to do a full flood more than twice in one year - yet I fully comprehend the desire to be rid of these addictions and the vicissitudes they rain upon us and our lives, but sometimes, though it be the greatest of the Great - iboga is not the answer - at least not now; it has to do with timing and preparation...alas, this may have come too late as you planned to be on the other side by now.

Oh well, you have my blessings and warm regards and please connect with the group when you can. I hope things go well for you friend. Peace, Cal
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:35:33 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile

Hi Tiger,

It seems like you traded your opiate addiction for a Kartom extract addiction.  I have never taken it but have read several others having trouble with the extract.  Now, Kartom goes to the mu and K receptor and Ibo deals mainly with the mu or opioid receptor.  If your looking for something like SAO maybe give pods a try.

Best,

Roy

Offline buck36

• View Profile
Didn't mean to freak you out with my response about kratom extracts/Iboga. I read that you came out the other side of you flood and are doing ok. This is good to know.
 Just to clarify, my concern was surrounding the fact that Kratom isnt a straight ahead opiate,but an agaonist+antagonist with stimulant properties as well. I dont know a whole lot about it with Iboga and havent heard much from others either... Would like to find out more.
Anyway,your more recent post confirms that you are most importantly, alive and well. Sounds like you had a positive experience :)

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
I wish I had known this before, that Blue Tiger lived so close to me, I could have offered some assistance, I had the pleasure of meeting him today and I can say he seems to be doing Amazing!  I really think some of the things he is doing with body work and acupuncture will help out tremendously. Great guy and now we each have a new friend who knows what it is like to go through this process! I think it is a good thing to have support like this.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 ;D

This community activity, meeting lala, I no longer feel alone.

Offline Tapthesource

• Wake up, you've been asleep for far too long...
    • View Profile
What does Kratom feel like?
"Knowledge, intuition and experience combine to guide us in thought and deed..."

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It feels like all other slowly but surely opiate numbing the fuck out of life drugs. 

Kratom extracts, even worse.   

STAY AWAY.....you have been warned. 

One Love,  B     

Now noopept, day 1 is producing the same results of confidence, focus, and steady energy that Kratom relief provided when I was going through PAWS.  Interesting how a nootropic had a similar effect on me after being clean of opiates, cigarettes, and alcohol for over a month. 

After learning more about our natural chemistry and the roles each system play, like how opiates are linked to how we develop relationships, etc, I am so far past Kratom it's ridiculous!

If homeostasis and happiness is the goal, then accessing my true potency through a healthy lifestyle, nootropics, entheogens, the love and knowledge that is all around, these are the answers. 

Bingggggg   Bump     Dinggggggg     Laaaaaa!