Author Topic: Please Share Lifelong Glow Techniques, and my new Sat Nam Mantra  (Read 5014 times)

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good Day Fellow Ebokians!

Please use this thread to share about the most powerful natural tools you use to maintain "the glow" in your life.  I am 16 days post flood for Heavy Kratom Abuse, etc.  I woke up today a bit sad, as each morning I check myself to ensure I still am feeling better each day, but even more importantly that my Nori glow stays strong.  We all know a healthy psyche is what promotes healing (prevents relapse too), and an unhealthy mind is a petri dish for disease or many physical ailments.  Anyway, I felt like the glow was subsiding, just not as powerful as before.  My diet has been half healthy, half not.  It is theorized that the majority of our immune system is based on our digestive health.  Cal mentions in another thread that if you only do 1 thing, that nutrition trumps exercise IHO, when it comes to continuing down the best path.  Cal, I don't agree or disagree, I just don't feel it's that simple.  It seems both are pillars to Life-long glows....!  We all know that nori does not last forever, so building these techniques and habituating them before and after floods are what I believe are keys to success.

I have come to learn that exercise (endorphins) and reading and talking about Iboga seem to most noticeably magnify the Nori-glow.  So, I went for my yoga session this morning, recently was reminded of the importance of not pushing yourself too hard while in recovery (counterproductive).  So, i decide to do a Mantra yoga and I think the universe connected me with my new favorite tool!  Sat Nam Mantra.  I have illustrated directions per a website below.  It's really easy, and you get better each time you do it.  Today is the first time I tried it, but I did about 5 rounds, each about 1-3 minutes each.  If anyone has done Ohm chanting, then hopefully they have also taken the time to notice the immediate effects it has on oneself.  Playing the didgeridoo also produces somewhat similar effects (opening up many chakras around the mouth). 

So I have eaten pizza, sugar cereal, coffee, etc the past few days and it has started to effect me (all that acidity).  I won't go into detail, but you get the idea.  Chanting phonetically: "Sot" bringing in the belly, and "Numm" releasing the belly...doing this aggressively and rhythmically.  By the second or third round, I was getting better, I could feel my belly moving more like a pump than before.  Rounds 3-4, I had to stop briefly while I burped out tons of gas that I had no idea was there before.  I was feeling more peaceful and energized, and immediately started craving healthy food. 

I am going to do this everyday for 40 days and see what happens.  I have been micro dosing as well, trying new schedules, but that is not enough.  Yoga (moderate challenge), chanting mantras (easy to do), meditation (difficult to learn) are seeming to be the most powerful accelerators of positive chemistry.  Ebokians of the world, if we don't practice these methods of inducing our own natural healing mechanisms, than we are severely prone to repeat the past, maybe relapse.  I start this thread as personal evidence that simple mantras can be easier than breathing, or will bring about the proper breath with practice, and how powerful it can be (like Iboga) in terms of natural ways to feel good.  Once again, please share your feedback and experiences, as they are they are invaluable. 

http://www.yisforyogini.com/2010/07/i-am-truth-sat-kriya-for-40-days-.html

"Sat Kriya is a core practice of Kundalini Yoga and was developed by the incomparable Yogi Bhajan. The mantra chanted during this kriya is Sat Nam, which means "Truth is my identity." Beautiful.

The benefits of Sat Kriya are numerous:

Strengthens the nervous and sexual systems
    Balances digestion
    Massages internal organs
    Strengthens the heart
    Stimulates and channels kundalini energy
    Integrates energy released from the lower three chakras into the entire system
    Calming, clearing, and purifying
    Helps align the practitioner with her/his highest self

Here is the recipe (adapted/developed with the assistance of 3ho.org):

Sit in Vajrasana or Rock Pose, as it is known in Kundalini Yoga. (sit on your ankles, spine straight as possible)
    Extend the arms over the head, elbows straight, with the arms hugging the sides of the head.
    Interlace all the fingers except for the index fingers, which point straight up. Women cross the left thumb over the right and men cross the right thumb over the left.
    Close your eyes and direct them to the Third Eye.
    Relax the shoulders down the back, broaden across the collar bones, and soften the front ribs in.
    Begin to chant "Sat Nam" (rhymes with "But Mom") with a constant rhythm of about 8 times every 10 seconds.
    Pull the navel in and up toward the spine when chanting "Sat" (sut) and chant from the navel point. Feel it as a bit of pressure from the Third Chakra center.
    When you chant "Nam" (naam), relax the belly.
    As you continue to chant rhythmically, the root and diaphragm locks (Mula Bandha and Uddiyana Bandha) are automatically engaged. Your abdomen will look and feel like gently rocking ocean waves.
    Keep the spine still and straight.
    The breath will regulate itself.
    Envision the energy that is circulating drawing up to your Third Eye center.
    Beginners will do this for 3 minutes. The next level is 11 minutes, and eventually over time, building to 31 minutes.
    When complete, take a lengthy Savasana, so that the body may have the time and space to absorb this powerful kriya.

I have been told that after only a few days, the shift in your energy and consciousness is dramatic. My mentor practices Sat Kriya daily and many other yogis and yoginis whom I respect have shared their reverence of this practice."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:31:40 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
Re: Please Share Lifelong Glow Techniques, and my new Sat Nam Mantra
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »
in brief, what has worked for me - and for others i know .....

*live in the moment
*live each moment fully aware
*try to make each day better than the day before
*let go, relax - you are not in charge
*give, give, give
*live honest - truth
*stop trying to validate your exisatnce - accept the reality of your non-existance
*move aside to let a 'Higher Power' flow through you
*exercise daily
*proper diet (varies according to person, age, gender, geographic locale, season)
    incl: herbs, superfoods, tonics, adaptogens, ect
*daily schedule (more order = less entropy = more energy)
*cycles of microdosing when needed (not limited to iboga)
*{only my opinion) eliminate the green herb that was just legaized in some states

* remember - you are only obligated in the effort - the results come from Above
* the only thing you truly control is how you react to any given circumstance

just what works for me......

for occasional excitement
you can also try
surfing energy waves
or
freefalling through the universe
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:23:22 AM by JohnnyB.Goode »
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
JBG, printing your post and turning it into a scroll for my vision board.  Thank you, more please :)

Sat Nom Report:

Day 2:  Wow!  I can already tell that doing this simple exercise for 15-20 minutes a day will change my life.  I will keep these posts as short as can be folks.  If you have Comcast OnDemand, go to sports/fitness workouts/yoga/beginner/Mantra Yoga 6.  I follow this woman as closely as possible.  She throws in some other things like frog pose in between the 5-6 rounds of Sat Nom Mantra.  She claims that this frog pose helps move the energy in a way that helps prevent prostate and breast cancer......I like to think these any claims are true (faith), I am a more proof is in the pudding type guy (didn't have a spiritual figure until I met him on my last flood).  So, I look for the changes I can feel in the moment.  Today, my third eye opened, I saw my divine spirit, JBG, I saw a cloud at one point between me and him, making him go in and out of sight, I smoked some ganj before hand.......hmmmm.  You are supposed envision the energy, and if you have taken entheogens, then that shouldn't be terribly difficult for your mind to conjure.  I saw my body completely on fire, but not raging flames, more like I was surrounded or emanating this fiery glow. 

Still had to stop to burp at points.  Felt more energized than tired from holding my arms up from longer periods of time.  I think I am doing something good for my ankles, by sitting on them.  It hurts after awhile, opiate detox does fuck the joints and even deeper, so the sitting for 3 minute rounds, then releasing my feet in front of me and wiggling my toes and ankles really let a lot of that crap out. 

Now, I feel utter peace and awake.  Now feels so NOW!  Now feels big!  Now feels great!  Now is EVERYTHING!  Excuse me while I go karate chopping through my day, breathing and smiling (last day before I put the nicotine patch on......), see what suprises the universe will bring.

Offline Sym

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »
thanks for sharing
unfortunately java has a security breach at the moment and I have it disabled
so I will wait for it to be fixed before watching the video.

Meditation, pranayama, horse stance, largely raw diet, setting modest goals, and exercise are some of the practices that make a big difference for me.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
Gladly Sym.

Please talk more about horse stance.  I know what that is in martial arts......

Agreed on the raw diet.  I make a mean green drink!  Meditation is much harder than people think.  Easier ways to empty my mind has been chanting mantra, and just smoked DMT for the second time, first time breaking through (I'll start a thread soon, maybe.......)

I like modest goals.  I'd add to that a care-free/stress-free life, as possible.  Pick your battles.  The one I really want to tap into is chanting, meditating once I've learned, even more regular exercise again (back to minimum 1 hour a day, and all types of challenges.....), quitting smoking cigs, weed soon enough.

The DMT journey was profound like this mantra, in the sense that I was completely in the moment, could not possibly see anything else besides what was around me in that very moment.  It's like time stops, whether you are flying in your DMT space body, or just zoomed into your NOW (sober).  Time, in moments like these, are the farthest thing from your thoughts.  All you can do is say, "Wow! Whoa! What? HAHAHAHA!"   ;D

If anyone has seen the movie "Limitless", the parts where he takes the super drug, remember it kicks in in less than 30 seconds, and the first time he takes it he is about to be harassed by his landlord, some cute Asian chick.  The drug kicks in and this totally grey movie with this bum looking dude (Bradley Cooper) completely lites up with vibrant color.  His eyes brighten up like their blue irises are about to burst!  He zooms his vision in tremendously, and everything is in HD, he sees not only the sweat on this girls brow, but also her pours, like microscopic vision.  He ends up giving it to this girl :o)  after he woos her with his insane ability to conjure up all this information from nowhere, and presented it in a bubbling cocktail of delight. 

I believe monks of the highest degree can achieve states that are similar to this.....

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Please Share Lifelong Glow Techniques, and my new Sat Nam Mantra report
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
Sym, if you don't get this, I will PM you after not too long.

Day 3:  First off my sexual systems are a big green light go again, within 2 days of this Mantra....!  Wooohooo!  Sex!  Moving on, my third eye opened again.  The eye is clearly meant to see the spirit world, or whatever normal human eyesight cannot see/perceive.  I hold the vision of the divine stick man (pictures to come one day soon) who took me on my Iboga visionary journey.  JBG, I have stepped aside and this divine being watched me as I chant and tap/tune in.  He was happy I wasn't forgetting his teachings, and continuing down this path.  It is a very comforting feeling.  Yesterday, I gave him a little thumbs up at then end of my session.  Today, I felt a ball of white light begin to circulate during the first 2 rounds.  By round 3 the light turned yellowish, all neon bright, and started branching off from the center of my being (originating in-between my gut and pelvis).  By the end of the session, I was clear, at peace, and joyful.  I think it allowed me to more easily write this heartfelt passage to my father that all his children are doing for a compiled book of sorts for his 60th b-day coming up. 

Something worth sharing outside of Mantra Yoga: I feel as if I am disconnected with many people who have not been through this experience (flooding and all that follows).  I see people's impatience, people's need to be heard, and people's inability to conceptualize the Iboga experience without having gone through it.  In part, that makes me feel lonely, that's why I love this community and all my new friends I have made here.  So grateful!  If it wasn't for you guys, I would feel extremely disconnected, despite my clear connectedness with NOW! 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:34:07 PM by BlueTiger »

Offline Sym

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
"Gladly Sym.

Please talk more about horse stance. "
------------
sorry for the slow response
was looking up links.

I'm Glad your having good and deep and opening experiences.
It sounds like you're really not in need of any of this, with such good connections happening, but anyway here's what I found:

=========
The horse stance seems to be the basis of all oriental martial arts,
anyway , it IS the basis of Tai chi.
instead of 108 , or 24 movements (Yang short form)
there is only one pose,
but it is held for a long time...
So no long expensive classes, are necessary.
Just some instruction on the essential points of the posture:
bent knees, flat lower back, head as if suspended, relaxed shoulders, etc...
(knees must never be forward of the toes or injury is possible to knees)
It is said that in the old days the masters first required the ability to do
this for an hour, before they would teach anything further.
And they trained by doing it till they couldn't stand any longer and fell over.
But that is not necessary, one can start with a few miutes.

Youtube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=horse+stance
-------------
2 basic books w horse stance:

The Way of Energy: Mastering the Chinese Art of Internal Strength with Chi Kung Exercise
Master Lam Kam-Chuen
ISBN-10: 0671736450
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0671736450/
------------------------
Ch'i the Power Within
Geoff Pike , Phyllis Pike
ISBN-10: 0804830991

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804830991/
----------

results of search for: "horse stance , shaking":

http://www.bing.com/search?q=horse+stance+%2C+shaking&go=&qs=n&sk=&form=QBLH

--------
more
http://www.sportscomet.com/Martial-Arts/162630.htm

http://www.i-chuan.net/articles.html
click:
 Zhan Zhuang From An I-Chuan Perspective
dowload pdf

===================================================
I'm not qualified to comment on DMT
as the 60's are now about 40 years ago ....
=====================================
the movie sounds like a good show
will look for it
==========================
yes greens are said to be one of the main "secrets" to making "raw vegan low-fat diet" work.
There are many videos on youtube of folks making "green smoothies"
for instance a search for : lemon ginger kale:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lemon+ginger+kale

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lemon+ginger+apple+kale
=======================
however meanwhile: I'm not watching any internet video because:
Headline:
"Homeland Security warns to disable Java amid zero-day flaw"
Summary: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is the latest body to warn users to disable Java software amid escalating concerns over a serious, exploitable vulnerability.
By Zack Whittaker for Zero Day | January 11, 2013 -- 16:41 GMT (08:41 PST)
http://www.zdnet.com/homeland-security-warns-to-disable-java-amid-zero-day-flaw-7000009713/
=============================
2 sources of free indepth Meditation theory and practice info.
w both text and video, that I have found (YMMV) useful:

free 183 page e-book on vipassana meditation
http://www.shinzen.org/
link: The Five Ways to Know Yourself, ver 1.59

"Originally derived from the Theravada school of Buddhism, vipassana can be practiced by followers of any (or no) religion as a useful mental skill set. Removed from its cultural and doctrinal trappings, vipassana meditation (usually under the name mindfulness) is finding clinical application in the fields of pain management, stress management, compulsions and as an adjunct to psychotherapy."

"Shinzen Young became fascinated with Asian culture while a teenager in Los Angeles. Later he enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Buddhist Studies at the University of Wisconsin.
Eventually, he went to Asia and did extensive training in each of the three major Buddhist traditions: Vajrayana, Zen and Vipassana. Upon returning to the United States, his academic interests shifted to the burgeoning dialogue between Eastern meditation and Western science.
Shinzen is known for his innovative “interactive, algorithmic approach” to mindfulness, a system specifically designed for use in pain management, recovery support, and as an adjunct to psychotherapy.
He leads meditation retreats throughout North America and has helped establish numerous mindfulness centers and programs. He also consults widely on meditation-related research, in both the clinical and the basic science domains"
also free articles and Shizen's also on utube
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
a more traditional Theravada style vipassana:
also with free: videos articles e/ book / audio / links
with Ajaan Noah Yuttadhammo
http://www.sirimangalo.org/
-----------------------------------------------
some VERY indepth - no video material:
http://www.dhammaspread.org/index.htm
----------
"The Basic Method of Vipassana Meditation"
http://www.dhammaspread.org/Page427.htm
----------------------
this seems interesting
http://www.dhammaspread.org/Page460.htm
"The journey"
then scrolled down to: "Two methods - One aim"
for info on two methods of anapana-sati ('mindfulness of breathing')

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 03:43:09 AM »
Sym, this is great!  Thank you so much for your generous offering of information.  And thanks for the heads up about Java...internet security breaches are becoming more and more disastrous.  It will take me days, weeks to properly sift through this info, but that's okay.  I am saving all this information, constantly experimenting with my natural pharmacy upstairs, and I just am starting to realize how much better the high is from a good round of chanting, or your third eye opening, and the possibility that the mastery of several of these practices could lead to even further levels of nirvana that are even difficult to imagine. 

Need to crash, as I am really living it up recently.  Good night and be well!

Peace,  B

Offline Sym

• View Profile
Re: sorry- Java and Java script not the same - confused
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
http://www.zdnet.com/homeland-security-warns-to-disable-java-amid-zero-day-flaw-7000009713/

But it seems I am confused ... it's a bit over my head

as now I see this lower down in the comments:

"my apologies to the VLE it uses JavaScript

I think that the vast majority of non technical people reading this treat the two things as synonymous when they are not. The problem is exacerbated by sites which say they use Java when they mean JavaScript there needs IMHO to be clearer name distinction - I am worried that a lot of people will panic an turn off everything with "Java" in it, effectively disabling all sorts of things

and this

"Thank You!
I was going to point out the same thing: just like the difference between "Java" and "Javascript," there is a difference between the circumstances of the exploitable Java and what most Java is written for. Java applets, the stuff that can run in your browser when you visit a website, are completely different from Java applications (J2EE/JSP, Servlets, and Applications). But it is Java applications, as you point out, that is pretty much used everywhere--and that has a close to zero chance of being exploited by this bug."

also

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/homeland-security-urges-computer-users-to-disable-java?ocid=ansnews11

http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_uninstall_java.xml

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Sym, you had me warning a few people, but this makes things a little better. 

DAY 4:  I couldn't get motivated til 3:30 to do Sat Nom.  Not a great morning mentally, battling the cognitive dissonance that surrounds quitting smoking.......not to diverge.  Today I finally understood the benefit of being still.  One of the rather few things that is guaranteed with Iboga flooding is the vibration of the plant.  The vibration that is bigger than us.  It's like we are body surfing this buzzing and the wave just doesn't crash with a proper flood dose.  I believe vibrations are everything to an extent.  After chanting Sat Nom today, at the end of each session you do one big SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT NOM.  This is meant to fully resonate all the previous rounds with one big long chant at the end.  So I felt the vibration extra intense on this final chant.  I welcomed it.  I summoned it.  And I can still feel it at 30 minutes later.  Each round of this practice activates new systems in your body that need that push.  By the end, after that final chant, it is the most peaceful, sleepy calm, yet completely awake feeling I have ever felt.  All of those in one.  IMHO, I believe this state to be one of the first steps closer to becoming pure buddha (awake).  I felt a warmth running down my arms that was so nice and fuzzy, it was like that particular endorphin just turned back on.  Many other changes I am aware of......just a few to share :)   

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
I am sad to say there are only so many hours in the day.  I would have kept up with this thread and all the things that jumped out at me that you wonderful Ebokians have offered.  A special thanks to Sym and JBG!

Tomorrow marks 40 days where about 30 of them I did about 30 minutes of Sat Nam for further integration!

Day 40 of Sat Nam:   I don't smoke cigarettes (few weeks now), no alcohol or opiates almost 2 months.  Nori glow remains, natural opiate systems are very functional (snowboarded and ate it on one special fall), pain receptors are conducting chemistry differently.....pH levels are a little acidic due to caffeine intake (under 400mgs a day).  Other than that, I balance nutrition.  Caffeine should dissipate very soon if continued Noopept experiments prove as successful as anticipated (day 1 today). 

Everyday I have done 30 minutes of Sat Nam, I feel the relaxing tone of the vibration all day, likely the best days I have had overall.  It feels like I have started my day with a workout or massage or something.  Doing 5 rounds, 3 minutes each, with 2 minute intervals of Corpse Pose is a great easy way to practice.  NOMMMM (relax stomach), (vigorous and rhythmic) "SAT" - feel the "S" at the abdomen, "A" at the throat, and "T" the third eye point.  On "SAT" stomach in, "NAMMM" relax.  I do NOMM SAT for rhythmic purposes.  Each round does something different, starting with the digestive systems on round 1 and finishing with relieving cognitive "blockages" by round 5 (ability to manage "stress").  It's my spiritual connection for the day, a peaceful moment, vibrations from the chanting that I think massage the insides in a good way.....when you start your day right, the rest can fall into place nicely if you have the right tools and know how to use them.  Lifestyle design also allows you to carry this healing Matra throughout your life.  It has changed mine dramatically.  Good luck and feel free to contact me for comments, questions, or feedback.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:00:02 AM by BlueTiger »

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
After my last flood, I found Maya Fiennes chanting this mantra (never heard it before), and I have never heard anyone else chant it better than her.  She is really soothing to listen to, and a great teacher for me thus far.  I chanted in my living room, with this voice, for many days.  Now I have my own vibrant powerful chanting voice (confident) that moves through my head and body like the way the vibrations move when playing a didgeridoo.  Enjoy!

Bow to the Divine Within:
Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPD_vJqRtQ