Author Topic: DMT and Iboga -- Frequencies feel like plant spirits  (Read 16244 times)

Offline Zion Om

• View Profile
Re: DMT and Iboga -- Frequencies feel like plant spirits
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
I just read through this thread and like all of the information presented.  I would like to add, however, that I have had a few bad experiences in which I was told that the DMT is not good for me.  Not that it was NEVER good for me or won't be again, but the frequency of use seemed to lead to trips that included loud, slightly painful 'popping' in my head and pain in my upper spine.  I have no idea what could cause this, but I had been a regular user at the time and that could account for the adverse effects. 

I also know a person who smoked through 2+ grams in a 24 hour period and hasn't thought of touching it again. 

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
This is why some providers use mushroom tea as an adjunct to iboga therapy - and they do so right after the flood -within the first day or couple of days...psilocybin is a cousin of DMT so this makes sense. So much to learn, soooo much. I belong to the medicine crowd. If a 'supplemental' tryptamine is incorporated around the other side of a flood - I think it can do wonders, and it is safe to do so. So long as other medications are not on board I think it can be a boon.

First, so glad to see you back Cal! 

Psilocybin is 4-PO-DMT.  I have used the fungus twice at carefully timed moments, both with bark.  Also, I have used straight DMT a few times, and feel as if it is largely synergistic with the whole Iboga transformation.  This is very exciting stuff, medically and spiritually speaking.   

-Iboga was like the father of creation to me, the source, reminding me how ancient and sacred LIFE is.  I literally felt like I met a "God"
-DMT has been like the mother of consciousness, keeping me on my path, a quick and powerful window into the deepest caverns of truth and light.   

Providers are exploring supplementing other tryptamines as well, like 5-Meo-DMT.  It's on the radar.  Beep Beep!

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
I just read through this thread and like all of the information presented.  I would like to add, however, that I have had a few bad experiences in which I was told that the DMT is not good for me.  Not that it was NEVER good for me or won't be again, but the frequency of use seemed to lead to trips that included loud, slightly painful 'popping' in my head and pain in my upper spine.

Just read a quote from Alan watts regarding over-use of LSD, from a bio on AA founder Bill Wilson, Aldous Huxley and Gerald Heard's usage of LSD in the 50s that lead, to their dismay, to Timothy Leary's abuse. 

"When you get the message, hang up the phone."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:04:56 PM by ddraig »

Offline strk.one

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
What up been off a while........
    Cal.... i like it and as an aside to your 300 mg with aya exp. my first episode with using jurems as a tea was 2kg boiled for hours in slightly acidic solution was whole not powered and used in conjunction with the rue seeds 7 gms. a typical dose was measured out and followed the seeds by 45 min. puke central so in frustration the remaining liquid was evaped down to a thick goo on low low heat. Remaining said goo was purple translucent. this goo ball was cut in half and taken after another 7 gm seeds crushed and powered. this was done on the following day of the first tea trial. sooooo need less to say this dose was close to 1 pound of whole bark boiled in said solution. I WAS TOTALLY new to all of this and in my frustration took an amazing amount of alkaloids not only of witch were dmt but all that are in the bark tannins and all. I guess the point is not who has bigger nuts but that the deems is perty darn safe. Granted this experience was a harrowing one. I was lit up for months with an eternal light. w/no side effects...

Blue whats up I see the moderator stat on there nice man.

Alll the science is good but trial and error say its safe. Mixing stuff can get weird tho and not necessarily toxic. There have been chems in my life that started out good and as my brain got accustomed things got weird during or after cessation of use. The brain is fantastic and 5htp syndrome is i believe as cal stated a bit overrated.. cheers all and congrats blue tiger on the promotion.  8)
Life is like a box of chocolates you never know whitch one is gonna have the rum in it...

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
I constantly wonder if, since there are so many synergistic sacred plants, others are using combos of sorts for treatment protocols and sweat lodge retreat menus.  Hmmm.  Should be IMO, if it isnt already automatically happening this way.  I think even the plants' spirits would push for such communion and collaboration among themselves..then again there are times when they dont mix well, at any dose, just because of the frame of mind or set or setting, you know.  I suppose it takes a Shaman of sorts to know ahead of time what cocktail might work best for who, at any particular time and (s)p(l)ace. 

Offline Morninggloryseed

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • Morninggloryseed On Soundcloud
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »
I find the high frequency buzzing from DMT similar to iboga, but certainly not the same.  So many comments in this thread I could reply all day.  I think I will just add that you should keep working with DMT, absorb it, learn to love it (like iboga).  Eventually, you can smoke 100mg or more in a sitting with no fear.  DMT is such a good teacher and DMT will always surprise.  You can have a dozen trips with the same batch and then suddenly the entire DMT experience can change and feel like a new teacher.  There is so much to learn from DMT.
"I have discovered common sense is actually very uncommon."

Morninggloryseed on Soundcloud

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »
I find the high frequency buzzing from DMT similar to iboga, but certainly not the same. 

This is great because the thread actually semi-circles back to it's title again.  To me, DMT frequency when turned on is like a nice hummingbird type vibration, where as Iboga is totally different!  When I think of Iboga frequency turned all the way up, I feel like I have left this plane of existence completely and have been placed onto a more ancient/old world frequency.  Iboga is lower to me, and a bit slower.  I feel DMT is lighter and a bit faster.  Words are dead, but hopefully YOU can animate these.   ;)