Author Topic: Where to grow Iboga?  (Read 5623 times)

Offline adamantasaurus

• View Profile
Where to grow Iboga?
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
Hello,

I'm thinking of moving to California.. Will Iboga grow there and if yes where? (I'm assuming somewhere in southern california.

Iboga Panacea

Re: Where to grow Iboga?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
Tropical and humid.  It's rather finicky.  I don't think S.Cali is tropical and humid.  Some inventive greenhouses but that doesn't make a lot of sense in the grand scheme. 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
It would be neat if we could sow some seeds when and if we get the opportunity to visit some of these tropical and humid locations... just plant em and see or guess if they take.  Wonder if it would grow in Hawaii ?? Costa Rica yes... I think. Hong Kong?  Hmmmm...

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Wonder if it would grow in Hawaii ?? Costa Rica yes... I think. Hong Kong?

What do you think I've been doing twiddling my thumbs?  Yes grows excellent in all regions mentioned.  Action already taken. 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
KP I figured as much, just thought I would throw the idea out there to some that may not have thought of it, or those planning on traveling to some of these places... I was hoping to make it to Hawaii this winter, but doesn't look like it will happen... bummer.

Offline Gabonboy

• I was born and raised in Gabon, Eboga is my Cultur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 06:17:46 AM »
hey guys, you should be thinking of moving to Gabon and cultivate Iboga. here there is cheap vast land for that. very cheap with less than 10.000$ in some village you can have up to a hectare.

think about it

Peace
Protecting our Roots

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
the problem is (even if someone on here had the money), how would you protect it from poachers? There is so much of that going on now. It needs to be grown somewhere safe.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
Ngongha and I have been messaging and I talked with her about what we had heard last year about the poaching and what both Yann Guignon, Tatayo and that dude from here that had gone to be initiated. 

It seems they presented rather one sided information for one reason or another.  Ngongha said it isn't a problem from what I understood, hopefully she can clear that part up. 

English I doubt is her first language and sense she is our only representative of actual Bwiti and Gabon here is the definition of poaching...

Poaching is the unlawful taking of wild plants or animals, such as through hunting, harvesting, fishing, or trapping. The law concerned may be a law of property, of regulation, or of local or international conservation and wildlife management laws. Violations of hunting laws and regulations are normally punishable by law and, collectively, such violations are known as poaching

To be honest I had started to wander if what Yann Guignon presented as fact was actual an exaggeration, for what I don't know but anyways I sure hope our resident Bwiti Ngongha can help clear this murky issue up for us. 

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
well that does indeed make things murky KP. It would be great if the Costa Rica providers would step up to the plate and start growing it instead of just selling folks HCL.....

Offline Infinite I

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
Hey guys I live in south Vietnam always warm, just starting rainy season. I spoke to someone on the nexus it may have been you kambohuasca not sure but he mentioned he could send me seeds but part of the package involved a white powder which I wasn't keen on receiving. Anyone have any ideas?? I'd be happy to try grow it here in my apartment or the wild. I don't know anything about growing it btw just seen the thread and thought I'd mention it  :)

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
If you use fresh seeds you don't need GA-3 (the powder you referred to).  Many good vendors for fresh seeds, none of which I'm allowed to refer you to pm or otherwise.  NADA NADA NADA. 

Offline Infinite I

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
Ahh I understand, interesting on the powder thing I dont anything about growing them. I actually cant even afford to spend money on such things, times are tough but if anyone wanted to send me free seeds then id be happy to try grow them  ;D

Offline lbark

• Donating Member
  • Like to talk about Iboga? I like to listen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
Perfect timing :-)
I am looking to grow in a central american region as well.
There is many many areas where land is cheap and perfect for growing.
I can't wait to find some seeds that are really viable to get them rocking. If anyone knows a place with a  good reputation that will grow please do get in touch.

I do know some people in CR are growing right now, but not on a huge scale.

question ngongha - I have heard that the local people who harvest ib0ga (not poaching) only cut 1 or 2 rootings from the bush at a time, and that allows it to keep growing. Is that true or does it sound right?

Basse' to my Posse'