Author Topic: Ibogaine and brain glutamate ?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
Ibogaine and brain glutamate ?
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »
Okay all you budding scientists and on-line researchers .....

DOES IBOGAINE INCREASE GLUTAMATE IN THE BRAIN ?

j.b.g.
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Ibogaine and brain glutamate ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
Interesting that I had just seen this the other day and just posted it in goatboy's newest thread.  I am no scientist, so I am still trying to figure out what all of this means, maybe you could make something of it.... I know you would understand it more than I would, but it is specifically talking about Glutamate.  Maybe your expertise would be able to help us understand a bit better??? :)

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/5629307.html 

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:12:38 AM »
my expertise has troubl follow cooking recipes
but i this is great and i did send it off to two seperate Dr's to evaluate
it MIGHT prove just the opposite of my concerns
thanks
jbg
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline PsilocybeChild

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »
Ketamine does

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121004141747.htm

My guess would be yes because ibogaine is also a dissociative psychedelic and shows more promise for mental health.
"We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and too late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross."

Kambo.tk

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:01:43 AM »
RE:  MAOI and racepam nootropics (noopept and piractam)

i received this reply from someone who is more techno smart than I

"The British National Formulary makes no mention of adverse interactions of piracetam and MAOIs; renal impairment and treatment with the anticoagulant wasrfarin are mentioned as being hazardous. Piracetam is licensed in the UK as an adjunct in the treatment of myoclonus of cortical origin, which kind of makes sense when you consider the structural similarities betweden this and GABA."

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »
"The British National Formulary makes no mention of adverse interactions of piracetam and MAOIs; renal impairment and treatment with the anticoagulant wasrfarin are mentioned as being hazardous. Piracetam is licensed in the UK as an adjunct in the treatment of myoclonus of cortical origin, which kind of makes sense when you consider the structural similarities betweden this and GABA."

Since I'm just curious and don't recall the answer to this, are MAOIs proven safe or not safe with flooding and such?

I haven't seen anything saying to avoid them specifically but it does interact with a good amount of medicines, including a similar pysch causing an overflow of serotonin which seems like it could cause a very unpleasant experience. I wouldn't be surprised if it was much better than SSRIs, but since I don't know, I'm still skeptical how safe it is.

And do you or anyone have any experience or further knowledge about taking Piracetam? Sounds kind of interesting.. I've never heard of that one till now but don't know much about it besides looking at a google search or 2 of it briefly..
Rise, Run, Feed, Ripen, Wound, Wither, Fall, Rise Again...

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »
Thanks JBG!

I am very curious to know what your Dr. friends have to say.
lalababa

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
I;d have to do some searching but everything i remember reading is
DO NOT MIX IBOGAINE WITH  MAOI