Author Topic: Sacred Bwiti Files by Shantivibes  (Read 7366 times)

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Bwiti Files by Shantivibes
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:55 AM »
More Bwiti music, very recent...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmmn6lanyis0sl8/cBMijuntrn?n=169937971

Wow! Where did this come from? It sounds like someone just sat in on a few ceremonies with their Zoom H2 field recorder.

The singing is not like I've heard anywhere else. It's hauntingly beautiful.

EDIT: W-O-W. Listening to this makes me Iboga flashback. And I didn't even listen to Bwiti music on Iboga. I just entered one of the most profound trances of my life listening to this. The rhythms, if you can "believe" every hit, are simply amazing. Moving.

EDIT 2: This is the perfect music to listen to to not feel lonely or while you do stuff around the house.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:29:19 PM by RhythmSpring »

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 08:27:30 AM »
I found it on the Ebando site...
http://www.ebando.org/en/EN.accueil.htm

Usually what happens is the person(s) being initiated have others with them as friends and they do the recordings/pictures/videos and then they send them back to Tatayo @ Ebando so he can post them on his site.  I check the site periodically always dreaming for when I can go there and be initiated, also always lacking the adequate funds.  There are some new pictures there as well which are nice.  The recordings use to always be done or acquired by 8SacredRoot8 aka Bovenga but these do seem to be done by someone else I agree.  Much better quality and you can hear all the instruments more equally rather than banging sticks in your eardrums that sound like people playing ancient bones on stones amplified in your head like a balloon. 

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
I am so grateful for these files! Thank you so stinkin much!
I'm not in your trap, I'm in my own trap.

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
^Wowee^you have the coolest Avatar ever!