Offline pkeffect

• Neurotranslinguistic Manifestation
  • Administrator
  • "But I forgot my pen..."
    • View Profile
    • Stuff & Things
Look
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:14:59 AM »
I am still getting emails from people sending PM's to each other because they don't understand how the system works. I do not like what I am seeing. I am thinking of turning off the PM system entirely and making you all keep in contact with each other through email.

1. You are putting me, yourself and this whole community in jeopardy.

2. This is not a place for you to make back doors deals.

3. Use some fucking common sense people.

4. This will not be tolerated at all....

With this said. For fuck sakes people use encrypted email or email alone to talk about shit you can't in public. I will not fucking take the heat for some of the shady shit going on behind the scenes. This is not what this forum is for.

I do not want to turn the PM system off but if you don't even know how to send a PM to someone without it coming to my email then you probably shouldn't be asking for what you are from who you are to begin with.

This is me cutting it out now. Stop. I am not playing........

GD is reinstated as a global mod and I have full confidence that he will provide a greater ability in that position. The more iboga gets publicized the more it gets scrutinized the more they look at the sites about it the more they see us because we are on the top.

Stop sending shady PMs to each other using our system. It's simple. Give someone your email. You know how many of you would be fucked if I were to get a court order to provide my server data? I am giving all our members 1 week to get your PM data you want saved. Next weekend I will wipe all PMs. I am not disabling it but I will be getting rid of whats saved on the server. This may become a weekly or biweekly script that clears shit out. This is for the benefit of all of you.

So save what you want. But if I keep getting emails of PMs from people that can't figure out how to use the system which allows me to see what you are saying to others when I shouldn't, then how can you blame me for trying to protect us.

I love you all but for fuck sakes come on.  ???
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:58:24 AM by pkeffect »
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyperspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." - me

Offline mo

• View Profile
Re: Look
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
hi pkeffect,
i have been gone/offline for a while and coming back i now find/read about this situation. i just wanted to say - man, thank you so much for doing this board and putting yourself out there. with my non-addiction/spiritual background i am not the typical board member, yet the community place you have provided with this board has been crucial to my life in the last couple of years (just checked, i registered in sept 2010). really, i would have been alone without it, this board (and the ayahuasca forums) have been giving me community, hope and strength - i would have been isolated without it. thank you! i am not sure if you feel it at the moment, so i think this is what i am trying to tell you: you do something very important, thank you!
maybe i'm also writing this for all the people who pkeffect is talking to - are you aware of what he is doing for the community?
well, enough with the teary emotions!
with a hearty sigh: bless you all!
mo
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »
PEOPLE!!!  Get your shit together!!! 

Eboka is such a major part of many of our lives, the lives many of us fight hard for! 

STOP KILLING EBOKA!!!   >:(

This is our home, clean it up and be proud of it! 

Love, Blue

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »
Yes, clean it up, and do it YESTERDAY...

I have always loathed censorship of any kind, and seldom have I ever needed to intercede here because we are all grown-ups and should be treated thus. But something is going on - and not for long - that could perhaps put the entire community in jeopardy. And by jeopardy I mean simply this: We will no longer have a Home like this.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS HERE?  WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UNACCEPTABLE AND WANTON RULE BREAKING BEHAVIOR WILL BE WEEDED OUT AND THEIR ACCOUNTS DUMPED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT DUE PROCESS - I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT THREATENS THE LARGER COMMUNITY OF DECENT FOLKS WHO NEED SUCH A RESOURCE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY AS WE HAVE TRIED TO PROVIDE HERE

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with some people? 

Is common sense really that elusive, or do I have a fox in the hen house? I do not care which it is: if it is 'innocent' stupidity or willful malintent, it makes no difference to me, or to the ramifications that would ultimately follow for the entire Tribe, the outcome and disposition will be the same.

There needs to be a damned strong show of solidarity here if people still care about having a place to come and discuss iboga freely. Nobody anywhere is ever going to operate any kind of OPEN DISCUSSION forum that makes everybody happy! The world isn't always sunshine and lollipops and there will inevitably be disagreements and strong differences of opinion - is that really any reason to trash, flame or troll?

Are you an idiot, or just an asshole if you butt heads with a different point of view and can't take the fact that others may not share your perspective? Because the way I see this, there is no gray area. You're either one or the other, if something rubs you wrong and you cannot be adult about it.

I have eaten more shit sandwiches from my involvement in a site that 'endorses' DIY - I can't tell you how much crap I have and still have yet to endure because of my beliefs around this medicine and the way people use it... but assholes and hate mail will not change my mind about what I know in my heart is real and true.

I AM NOT (neither is pkeffect) RESPONSIBLE OR ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING ANYONE READS OR DOES NOT READ, DOES OR DOES NOT DO - WRITES OR DOES NOT WRITE -  AD INFINITUM ...AS THE RESULT OF VISITING THIS BOARD!!!

READ THE DISCLAIMER, MEMORIZE IT IF YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THAT YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN DECISIONS. LIKE IT OR NOT,  NOBODY CAN 'MAKE' YOU DO ANYTHING,, 'MAKE' YOU FEEL ANY WAY, OR 'MAKE' YOU MAKE A DANGEROUS OR UNEDUCATED CHOICE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BRING HARM TO YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE...

It takes a great deal to bring the ire out of me - especially like this. It pains me to have to go there, in a place I love dearly and show this side of myself to people I care about. But I have had it - totally had it - so this is it: ONE CHANCE for each and every person here to behave like the grown-ups you ostensibly are, and not pee your pants or get shitty with someone who disagrees or misunderstands you - watch your mouth take responsibility for your actions do not be foolish, clumsy or careless with pm communications (and I don't even need to go anywhere else with that, do I?), keep your chin up your head high and your FUCKING CONSCIENCE CLEAR by simply...being true. True to one's self true to the integrity of the forums that you participate in. This is for all of our good.

And this is no joke, batten down the hatches friends, and if anything untoward strikes you - immediately let me know, and I mean immediately. Let's keep the gates open - for everyone who cares about this...Calaquendi

" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
Cal,

I am not sure exactly what is going on, but I think I get the gist of it.  I am with you and just speaking up to show my solidarity with you.  I love this place and want Eboka to remain a big part of my life.

Much Love,

lala