Author Topic: Taking the plunge....  (Read 3446 times)

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
Taking the plunge....
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
It’s been 8 months in the making but I’m finally about to do my first flood or at least attempt to reach flood dose – don’t know if we’ll actually get there. I’ve contacted several providers during that time – from Gabon to Costa Rica and points in between. They all either turned me down right off the bat due to my low heart rate or some other difficulty arose to cause it not to happen. When the 7th potential provider dropped out, I heard the voice of the old me that was ready to give up.

Fortunately, a lot has changed for me since I did kambo and about a 1/3 of a flood dose of RB last November – the changes are subtle but definite and I decided to listen to THAT voice which simply took a breath and continued on. A couple of weeks later, I got an email from the very same person that introduced me to kambo and I asked if it was possible to do a flood with him.

He wasn’t exactly thrilled at the prospect and asked for time to think it over. A long 3 days later, I got the news that he had received a sign that it would be a good thing for me to do so he agreed.

I have been spending the last few weeks reading as many flood experiences as I could find – particularly traditional Bwiti initiations. Been watching my diet, exercising and meditating. I feel so ready for this – strangely calm and very centered – like it’s the right time and place and its meant to be. The microdosing that I’ve done over the last 2 weeks has been amazing - very different from the previous 2 times. It has been a richer and deeper experience - my monkey mind isn’t constantly wondering what will or won’t happen, will I flood or not, will I get the answers I seek? All that stuff has sort of melted in the last couple of days. Even had an important insight into something that has been feeding my pain body. The chains that I allow to bind me seem to be loosening a little – there’s hope for me yet! Attempting this flood is no longer coming from an ego perspective of fixing the problems/issues in my life – it’s the next, natural step in my spiritual development with the spirit of Iboga. I just have to surrender to the process and what happens, happens.

I am going to do kambo 2 days in a row (Tuesday & Wednesday), have a day to rest, do kambo again Friday morning and then slowly start taking TA probably in the afternoon. Hopefully all that kambo will kick down the door for the Iboga and enable me to flood on a relatively low dose. There’s only one way to find out...!

There are several people on this forum who have helped me tremendously without even knowing it. Many thanks to all of you.

Offline zingdoozer

• View Profile
Re: Taking the plunge....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »
kickass bro!

you sound like a placid good soul - and whatever 'unplacidity' is there will get chopped off with all the other negative programming with Papa Iboga's healing buzzsaw.

I'd go easy on the microdosing - several several reports on here about it not going too well, and several others not recommending it.

Maybe take a break for a few days, and tiny tiny microdose a day or two at most prior to the flood - Im new at this too, so other's can chime in.

The spirit will also be telling you how to go about it, and looks like you are going about it the right way. meditating, exercising, eating right, staying off processed stuff.

I'd also suggest start working with an intention - doesnt matter even if its a massive massive intention. As long as you have a clear cut plan to go in with, will make you much better.

Looking back I really wished I had made a list of questions to ask the Iboga spirit such as why I might be in self sabotaging behaviours, or about this or that. Sure, I did ask a fair few questions - but there was little structure in it, and I could have made much more use of it if I did have a gazillion questions I would have loved to have the answers to.

So yeah, maybe a list of as many questions as you can think of - and look to get them answered.

Happy for you, my good man. may the Iboga be with you!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
Hi entheo,

You may have to change your name from newbie here soon!  I wish you all the best in your journey!  I didn't know you had a low heart rate, I hope you will have a good provider/sitter.  I think the Kambo before hand is a good idea,  I loved that combo!  Safe travels.

Much Love,
lala

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
Thanks BT and lala

I have been working on my intentions and was planning on working on a list of questions.

Yeah I realized shortly after I created my handle that it would have a limited life expectancy but it survived longer than I thought it would!

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:23 PM »
Even had an important insight into something that has been feeding my pain body. The chains that I allow to bind me seem to be loosening a little – there’s hope for me yet!

I am just going to call you Entheo by now :)  So, it seems someone is accepting the words of Eckhart Tolle?  Once you master that, meditation can happen anywhere!!  I can leave my pain body sober now....and I do everyday!!  I have a great story for you about acupuncture post flood and clean...remind me if your Iboga brain allows you  ;)

Entheo, you are such a rockstar!  And your humble surrendering approach to the experience and to your world right now should be a teaching for us all!  The real amazing stuff comes after I think, and you are on your way to enlightenment!  Be safe and ride the snake!

Long deep breathes nose and mouth will slow down the visions/experience if it gets a bit "Iboga" on you. 

Hit me up whenever and I will share some of the most powerful tools for: Peaceful Warrior mode for the flooded!!!  Sending you waves of love and light. 

Blue

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
thanks for the kind words, encouragement and support BT.

I will definitely hit you up post flood or whatever level I end up reaching.

Just arrived in Amsterdam and have major jetlag. Got to rest up for my first kambo session in 18 hrs time..!

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:51:48 AM »
Well I didn't flood.... Everything seemed fine until I started purging then the purging wouldn't stop - man was that ever a night from hell.

Spent the next day recovering then tried again the next night with a smaller dose but the purging started again and my BP dropped dangerously low.

Something was definitely going on - my BP was high the first night and dropped as soon as I purged the first time then continued to drop. 2nd night is was in the low normal range and continued to drop. Pulse was fine throughout - go figure.

Will write this up when i get home this weekend. Don't quite know what to make of it yet.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Thanks for letting us know Entheo.  Take it easy, no rush on the full report, and be SUPER kind to yourself.  So glad you are okay! 

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
tx BT - definitely having periods of regular energy followed by feeling tired. Trying to get some walking in without overdoing it.

Got a room at a guy's house who is also into kambo & iboga - in fact he just did a booster dose last night as is currently "under the influence". So, its nice to have a kindred spirit around as we both do our individual processing of events.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »
Very glad to hear from you entheo!  I'm sorry this didn't work out as well as you would have liked but I am just glad you are doing okay! 

lala

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »
I definitely feel you have a very wise head on your shoulders and excellent discernment entheoexperienced.  It will work out, and I certainly wouldn't view this latest experience as anything else but a big step on the path towards healing.  I wish you all the luck and prosperity to which you so nobly deserve.  Only you know what is right and I'm sure you'll get just what you are looking for, whether sooner or later is not of concern to Iboga.  One of these times it will effect you just right whether small dose or flood and everything will be revealed.  Personally I've had floods that were close to the levels of depth and teachings that my two accidental floods were (nowhere near a flood dose but for some reason Iboga decided it wanted to school me). 

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »
I certainly wouldn't view this latest experience as anything else but a big step on the path towards healing.  I wish you all the luck and prosperity to which you so nobly deserve.  Only you know what is right and I'm sure you'll get just what you are looking for, whether sooner or later is not of concern to Iboga.  One of these times it will effect you just right whether small dose or flood and everything will be revealed.  Personally I've had floods that were close to the levels of depth and teachings that my two accidental floods were (nowhere near a flood dose but for some reason Iboga decided it wanted to school me).
Sorry I missed this while I was without internet access. Cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind words. It's a tough balancing act for me - trusting that Iboga is doing what it needs/wants but still pushing forward. I'm getting much better at getting my ego out of the way (just because its not getting what it wants, doesn't mean that I'm not getting healing). At least now I know what its like to purge on RB and if I ever sit for someone and they purge on TA, I will be able to empathize. That sort of experience is not a waste by any means. Didn't you say that you think Iboga wants us to be warriors? That purging definitely felt like warrior boot camp!