Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Welcome
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:22:20 AM »
Greetings and welcome!

We're pleased you found your way here. Please look around, create a profile, and participate in any way you'd like. This forum is intended to facilitate communication and foment relationships in the iboga/ibogaine genre. It is a place where we can build a home for ourselves and share ideas. Hopefully we will see this grow into something wonderful...

Make yourselves at home... ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 02:01:10 AM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
Hiya Cal!

All signed up now, and ready to go. :)
Looking forward to making the most of this.
Well wishes to you, yours, and to all.

-Tia

Offline MR T

• Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:26:13 AM »
Hi everyone,
   Thanks Cal for having me over :D Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some 'real' info on this truly magical gift, we call iboga ;D Hopefully I will finally start to put an end to my demonic habit.... ???   thankyou
                                                                                  tony
Happiness is rooted in misery.
Misery lurks beneath happiness,
who knows what the future holds.
LaoTsu-

fallout330

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »
Thanks for invite to the forum Cal.

Edward W.

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 02:32:01 AM »
Hi Cal,

First, I would like to express my appreciation for you efforts to create this forum.

Thanks!

If I may be so bold, please consider the following topics for inclusion in the forum:

1)  The use of Eboka for curing/treating addictive, compulsive disorders other than opiate addiction such as alcoholism, gambling, eating (obesity, anorexia, bulimia), sex, etc.  Since dopamine appears to be involved in all obsessive/compulsive disorders, the 'receptor cleansing' properties of Eboka might be of value across the board.  Additionally, since there are usually psychological components to such disorders (conditioning & plain ol' momentum/habit), the same 'one-two-punch' that works for opiates could be far more effective than the current prescription medications (harrumph) on the market today.

Since most straight/conservative/religious*/self-righteous/? types unjustly look down upon opiate addicts as a diabolical cross between a criminal and a pervert, the impetus to put Eboka in it's proper place as a healer may never fully materialize unless other uses are discovered.

(Aside to Big Brother:  Nice work on the junkie propaganda, the sheep bought it hook-line-and-sinker.  I am concerned, however, that your efforts to demonize cannabis are slipping.  Get it together, lest the rats escape and eat your face!*)

2)  Humor.  Something we all need a dose of from time-to-time.  Items of particular interest could be punch lines for:  "How many junkies does it take to screw in a light bulb?"; or "What did St. Peter say to Timothy Leary at the golden gate?"; or "Did you hear about the blond junkie?".

(BTW I don't have the any of those punch lines, was hoping you or someone else do.  I've got the utmost respect and admiration for whoever it is out there that comes up w/ 'em.)

Here's a screamer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

3)  The therapeutic and educational use of other plant teachers such as ayahuasca, peyote, mushrooms, etc.  Of possible interest to Eboka fans is the additive to ayahuasca brews uchu-sanango (Tabernaemontana sp.)  that is purported to contain ibogaine.  From the web:

"Tabernaemontana divaricata (Tagar, Uchu-sanango) Closely related to Voacanga and Gardenia, T. divaricata is an extremely popular horticultural flower with many names. It is likened to the most aromatic in existence, with majestic flowers of graceful, undulate beauty. The foliage is shiny and deep green. A well-grown speciman (sic) will be 3'-4' tall, equally wide and completely covered with flowers. The very bitter roots & bark are rich in medicinal alkaloids.

"It seems that the predominant alkaloid in this plant is coronaridine, which is different than ibogaine in two places, and is related to ibogamine in the same way that voacangine is related to ibogaine - in having an easily removed methyl ester group. Since ibogamine has been found effective in treating addiction in rats, and seems to be pharmacologically similar to ibogaine in animals, perhaps ibogamine produced from the coronaridine in Tagar might someday be a useful addiction treatment. Unfortunately, coronaridine doesn't seem to resemble ibogaine pharmacologically."

4)  Spirituality**.  For example:

"He [Buddha] distinguishes raw, unregulated, self-directed trishna [selfish desire] from the unselfish and uplifting desire to dissolve one's egotism in selfless service of all.  The person who makes no effort to go against the base craving for personal satisfaction is headed for more bondage and more sorrow; but he can transform such cravings into virya, vigor, which is intense desire directed toward spiritual growth...  Spiritual dynamics is not a matter of crushing base desires but of transforming them..."  [my bold]

from "The Dhammapada" Translation and Comments by Eknath Easwaran

Again, my sincere thanks & encouragement!

MrClean

*  It concerns me that readers w/o the proper level of cynacism and perversity may not appreciate my sikko sense of humor.  I grew up on a steady diet of Mad Magazine with doses of 1984, William Burroughs, Allen Ginsburg, George Carlin, Frank Zappa, The Fugs, and Timothy Leary.  I can be seriously weird, need be.  Humor in a jugular vein!!!

**  I make a rather HUGE distinction between 'religious' and 'spiritual'.  In fact, I see them as polar opposites like night & day, good & bad, Republicans/Democrats & independents, etc.  Dalai Lama == spiritual, Pope == religious.

"I invite you to a little entertainment.  For madmen only, and one price only - your mind. Are you ready?"

Hermann Hesse
STEPPENWOLF

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
"The use of Eboka for curing/treating addictive, compulsive disorders other than opiate addiction such as alcoholism, gambling, eating (obesity, anorexia, bulimia), sex, etc."

Yes, yes and yes!!!!!!
While I have a HUGE soft spot for junkies, and see the immense value of Iboga for the treatment of addiction, I also know that addiction doesn't happen in a vacuum. A predisposition to addiction, combined with social, environmental and psychological factors is what it takes. A person with a predisposition to addiction, raised in a perfect world, with a perfect upbringing, likely would not become an addict.

I think Iboga could be well applied for OCD, PTSD, sex abuse survivors, and I'm thinking maybe even schizophrenia and psychosis. There is a dearth of information available on this, if anyone knows of research on it, please share! This is such a healing root, it 'undoes' much damage.
Cal, maybe in the future, a separate section for Iboga tx for siritual journeys, and psych 'disorder' journeys.

Mr. Clean, your twisted humor is much appreciated by me. :)

On uchu-sanango:"with majestic flowers of graceful, undulate beauty."
I want to grow this! :)
Sounds like a diety dancing.

I am grateful for this small (for the moment), open and friendly place.
Thanks Cal and brudder P!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
Mr.Clean,

Thy sense of humor is much appreciated and like, welcome here...it's my own 'twisted' and dry sense of humor that's kept me alive thus far...

As for you and Tia's ideas and thoughts on the forum, I am totally there dude...this is all kinda new to me, and the admin here (pkeffect) is the go to guy for geek shit. You guys can contact him and or me via pm if you like, This is my first attempt at moderating a forum solo and am still working on things. These are good ideas you shared and I couldn't agree more...for now, although 'generic' some of these sub forum ideas we can discuss in the 'general discussions' section. Since we're a growing entity some progress may be slower than I'd like but I'm glad to receive any and all requests and ideas, I DO think that in the near future this expansion will happen -to be more 'inclusive' of other areas regarding the benefits of this magical root..

I've been 'illin' this week with like some gnarly flu - shit so I haven't spent the time I'd like online...but the short answer is 'yes'....absolutely these are important ideas and we will work them in as soon as possible...for now if you're not sure where to post, just make a thread in the 'everything else' sub forum-we'll go about this learning together - and keep up the suggestions please!

Love and big colas ~ Cal

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:12 PM »
Hiya Cal,

Sorry to hear you was ailin'.  Please to stay healthy your illustrious self.  Our humble selves are needing of you.

Don't sweat the topics, I'm sure that they will continue to evolve, just as we do...

Tentative Punch Line for your review:

"What did St. Peter say to Timothy Leary when he appeared at the Golden Gate?"

"What?  You back here again?"

Alright, I admit that (w/o a coupla big tokes or a handful-o-shrooms) it ain't no gutbuster.  But hey, I thought it up all by myself.  Just wonderin' if you maybe think it's just a little amusing...

I'll try my hand at setting up a humor thread in 'everything else' per your suggestion.  Think (hope) you might like the subject line of the topic...

I wish you

Peace

Love

and a political entity in which you are

Free to Enjoy Them

MrCleanliness

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
I like your style, Mr.Clean! That's a good one,  btw...

Glad you're here man, say on!!