Author Topic: My Weekend of Purging  (Read 5817 times)

Offline DiamondHeart

• View Profile
Re: My Weekend of Purging
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
It's always so interesting when I realize that we here in Turtle Island (United States) set the trend for Iboga and Europe is behind us by and large.  Hopefully this is not offensive to other areas of the world but for whatever reason it seems Gabon went straight to the US and asked it to advance the methods to the most efficient way possible.
Excellent point K - it's something I brought up when we discovered his resting pulse was lower than mine yet he has never taken any of the precautions that were taken with me. In the process of talking about BP and pulse and how it changes during a flood, it became clear that I knew way more simply from what I've learnt on this forum and researching other websites. I came across this while "interviewing" other potential providers - I knew way more than they did. Some knew hardly anything about the traditional Bwiti initiation and were only interested in giving me a fat cap of HCL and letting it rip.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
hmm interesting guys...Maybe Iboga knew we would be the first ones who would want to try to flood multiple times in a year and push the limits.... after all we are Americans... there isn't much we do in moderation right? ;) 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:36:55 PM by lalababa »

Offline cricket

• plainclothes undercover clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
Lalababa.. that is so true and made me laugh..

for what its worth.. I thought my first  hcl flood was a complete failure and i was angry and resentful..  I was PISSED and felt i wasted money and time. I thought i was in worse shape than when I arrived..

I was told to be patient and make as much with life as i could.. do new things and appreciate that many habits could have seen thier last day if i was willing to actually do some work..

i pretty much went back to using shortly after.. and suddenly one day about a week after picking up again, I just up and quit. i even threw away what i still had.  the things i learned in the long months after was that the true benefit wasn't some immediate gratification with all the answers before... but the work that came after.. up to six months after..
thats the funny thing about our culture.. we want it all and we want it now..
that ol iboga is a sneaky snoot... slow and patient...

I tend to stay away from the clinical speak in here, but i agree with your little poke with humor lala...

thats another reason I am all about finding the right provider who really not just understand the medicine but has some insight and skill in reading the session as it happens, and knows when slow dose or low dose will have the better impact and function... and...knowing what to expect in the months following ...

I have had small ta boosters do more than strong hcl boosters.. it varies and depends..

we all love the medicine and have different relationships with this unique and powerful substance...

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:09:24 PM »
i pretty much went back to using shortly after.. and suddenly one day about a week after picking up again, I just up and quit. i even threw away what i still had.  the things

I tend to stay away from the clinical speak in here, but i agree with your little poke with humor lala...

we all love the medicine and have different relationships with this unique and powerful substance...

That is so great to hear jimidcricket!

I am so glad that you did finally understand what the medicine was teaching you for some it may take several times.  Proud of you!

Ha thanks! made me laugh too, though I am sad about our over consumption in this country.  I do think a lot of folks on this forum are trailblazers and I DO feel that Iboga knows this and he has definitely given me his love and acceptance to visit him again and again.   I know others feel the same.  I just hope we can give back and start spreading seeds literally and figuratively,  I plan on doing something in the near future to give back.  It seems like, for me anyway, that if I pay it forward more returns to me eventually... can't really explain here now but some probably understand.  This plant found me.  It is so crazy.  I know we all love the medicine and I am so glad to have found it and the people here on this forum who are helping others, even providers around the world learn, (apparently)

lalababa
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:16:57 PM by lalababa »