Author Topic: Bwiti Song....  (Read 2764 times)

Offline cricket

• plainclothes undercover clown
    • View Profile
Bwiti Song....
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
not sure the sect or setting..
or its manner of translation...

but here is a Bwiti Song...

So was the beginning, Spirit of the earth, spirit of
the sky. The place that we traverse.
Father Zame, who is the gatekeeper, I come to a new
land that is the cemetery...
Lightning and Thunder.
Sun and Moon.
Heaven and Earth.
They are all of them twins.
they are life and death.
They are all twins.
The yawning hole of the grave and the new life,
they are all twins.

... Joy, full of joy the ancestors greet you and hear the news.
The anxious life of the born is at an end, at an end.
And now come the disciples of death....
I go to the dead.....

Everything is pure, pure...
Everything is new, new...
Everything is light, light...

I have seen the dead
and I am not afraid!!!

eha aho!
eh... basse!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
Re: Bwiti Song....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Oh WOW!

How Beautiful.  I have always wondered what the lyrics to the songs meant, Very nice to have them for one now!  Did you translate this yourself or how did you get the translation?  Wonderful!  jimidcricket, I just want to thank you for all of the great posts you have made here.  You are wonderful.  I have seen the dead and I am not afraid.  Iboga has shown me so much, I am truly in love with this plant and the spirit(s) that it contains.

Thank You Again and Again!

lala
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:36:38 PM by lalababa »

Offline cricket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
It was given to me by other initiates...
 ;D :D ;D :D

thanks

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
I remember that song or similar song in this book too...

http://www.amazon.com/Bwiti-Ethnography-Religious-Imagination-Africa/dp/0691101221

It has so many songs.  Pronunciation though I don't know, worth the $75 price of the used book.  The best Bwiti book in English IMO. 

Offline cricket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
That looks awesome... despite the 700$ price tag .... boy, read words reduce the price to 75?
anyhoooo....
it seems fascinating...
I think one of the things I would personally be keeping an eye out for if I were to read it, would be ..
(it seems as tho you have been around other peoples visions enough to know what I am talking about here... )
re-accuring themes and "characters"

I am always curious how we as westerners interpret another cultures archetypes..

you know that one study they did where they gave Ayahuasca to ... the Inuit? (I believe alaskan Eskimo folks) and tho they lived for generation and generations with ice and snow.. the visions these people had were a jaguars and the vines and serpents.. having never saw them or known of their existence .. it was thru the drawings and art they made afterwards where the strong link in visions were determined since they didnt have the words to express what they saw per se ...

with that in mind...

I find it interesting to compare the visionary phases we have...
for me .... the first vision I had where I was explaining the "person" I saw.. i only made a few references to his description and my friend then stopped me and finished telling me the rest.. i was like "how did you know that" (his additions where things specific and odd.. like what he was wearing and carrying )
he told me that other people had seen this person often.. (he hadn't, but others had) he even had a name...

after that I began to listen for reoccurring themes and people/creatures/objects...

for instance.... toothbrushes, tupac, green plant people who look like comas... rainbow gorilllas and other folks
( I was told by a few people that its actually improper to share your visions, so i will stay away from specifics)

ithink one of the most fascinating things was being with a group of people while we were all sharing the excitement of finding out we shared a the theme of toes in our vision... severed toes and toes sprouting from the ground...

and THEN to find out how toes and the first pygmy play a serious role in many of the mythologies of iboga...

supposedly (believable and probably  true, but I dont know this from any valid experience.. but conceptually it seems valid)
the bwiti and the other pygmies who have been eating iboga even longer... they know the realms and its spirits by name and purpose... they know what days of the year NOT to eat iboga and why.. when its best for a male to eat... or a female... etc etc...

its this sort of thing I feel lacking in our culture...
an awareness .. an awakeness that is in our being from long ancestral participation and ...
well.. i think the best word for us... or at least the context of life that I have lived.. no matter how much love I have for earth, nature, seasons and cycles.. I still practice koyaanisqatsi...

however...
I know that if i ever read this book I would be desperately seeking opportunities to play FIND THE PUZZLE PIECES!!!

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
This book will certainly fill in many details to which you mentioned.  I have had the opportunity to get it several times via the State Library system.   Maybe see if you have an adequate state library system that connects to all universities in your state.  If you wish you can PM me and I can try and get you a copy to borrow, my state library system has 5 copies I believe.  But I might have to redo my library card as I have a tendency to let that sort of thing lapse.  I've borrowed this book many times and forgotten to return it but state library systems are always quite forgiving and whenever you return it they take off your debt.  Not sure my status I guess I'm due for a new card. 

Offline cricket

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
ill keep an eye for it now that i know its out there.. and thanks..

I am soon in transit and will be lucky to step into any library of any sort
i might look into a kindle edition tho...

hey.. the dude that does the ibo-radio just put out a book not long ago

http://www.amazon.com/Ibogaine-Explained-ebook/dp/B00CG4RDEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1367369871&sr=1-1&keywords=ibogaine
i havent read it yet...
i dont know about him but i enjoy his radio segments
thanks

Offline lbark

• Donating Member
  • Like to talk about Iboga? I like to listen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »
I think I found a pdf copy of "Bwiti: An Ethnography of the Religious Imagination in Africa."
I myself am super excited to read it.
Once I get it, if anyone wants a copy let me know.

It was found with a cache of close to 4gb of iboga / ibogaine information so it will take a bit to download it all.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:57:27 PM by lbark »
Basse' to my Posse'