Author Topic: l-tryptophan and iboga  (Read 1997 times)

Offline acrosstheveil

• View Profile
l-tryptophan and iboga
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »
in the past i used the herb mucuna as well as 5htp about 48hours before a flood.  During that flood, I became extremely ill and was forced to use a benzo to calm down my heart.  I believe it was either the mucuna or 5htp that interfered with the iboga.

I have heard of some people using l-tryptophan for sleep after a flood.  Would this not increase the risk for serotonin syndrome? 

Offline verynortyboy

• View Profile
Re: l-tryptophan and iboga
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
hi there acrosstheveil, i don't know if Ibo has an interaction with macuna or 5 htp, but as most peeps here know it does interact with pretty much most drugs it's tested with incl ssri's (but not benzos, which is great for everyone bar the benzo addicts,) so until a specific study(dont hold your breath on this one) or more info about these interactions  comes to light then it's best to cease taking anything a few days before a flood, having said that i would think it unlikely a 5 htp interaction as 48 hrs had passed so would have depleted by then.
I came off 15+yrs of ssri's using 5htp + rhodiola rosea amongst other things like stop drinking coffee and other serotonin depleting substances,
one thing i found randomly while reading about early (very unethical) lsd studies was that when you take 5htp regularly you should also take l-tyrosine, this is because 5htp helps ur body produce serotonin/melatonin(hence helps sleep) but it also forces the production of dopamine which leads to depletion of tyrosine(the amino acid used to produce dopa).
so if using one you should use the other too in a 10 to 1 ratio (if taking 50mg 5htp also use 500mg tyrosine and so on up the scale) .
heres a couple links for anyone interested to find out more.

info on 5htp/seratonin/dopamine/gaba/endorphines etc

http://www.allianceforaddictionsolutions.org/nutrition

info on Birmingham lsd experiments scroll down for 5htp findings(sorry its a long article/interview but well worth a read if a little frightening that people can do this shit to others,note this is an interview with the so called scientist philip-bradley,read between the lines, like how did the subjects conveniently die so they could measure the seratonin levels very shortly after death,hmmm)

http://mk.gowebs.co.uk/index.php/mind-control-uk/uk-history/uk-experiments/59-philip-bradley-birmingham1

peace y'all
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:54:21 AM by verynortyboy »