Author Topic: New Around. Buprenorphine Addict.  (Read 3899 times)

Offline LayerOfSoul

• View Profile
New Around. Buprenorphine Addict.
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Hello. Thanks for having me.

I am here because I'm on my last thread. I am an ex IV heroin/perscription opiate addict. I am really determined to quit. I was pointed here because of the good approach you are all known to take.  I have been on 8mg of Suboxone a day for 3 years now, and all of the suboxone horror stories I've seen on the internet are provoking me to try to beat this.

I start getting withdrawals about two days after I stop taking it. They progressively get worse over the next week and I'm not sure how long they will last. Has anyone else had experience getting off Buprenorphine.  If so please share your approach.

I am planning on switching to poppy tea (I have some growing now) and then moving on to kratom after all of the buprenorphine gets off of my receptors.  Then I will use that to taper down. I am also considering doing an iboga flood afterwards.

I would greatly appreciate thoughts on this approach. Also share experiences and approaches you've used.

Thanks!

Offline Morninggloryseed

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • Morninggloryseed On Soundcloud
Re: New Around. Buprenorphine Addict.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »
I spent 3 years of my life as a thrice daily poppy pod drinker, and 6 years on suboxone.  As you have read, getting of suboxone is HARD...in fact I was never able to achieve it...the WD went on for weeks and I got to the point that I was gonna off myself if I was not relieved...so I went from suboxone to kratom and finished it all off with iboga 2 months ago.

The approach you want to use is sound.  It can work for you, and I truly hope you see your goals through.

You can read my story here....

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/662638-Behaviors-That-Brought-Me-To-Iboga-Opiates-Amphetamine-Others-Experienced

And please PM me if you need any further support.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:01:19 AM by Morninggloryseed »
"I have discovered common sense is actually very uncommon."

Morninggloryseed on Soundcloud

Offline LayerOfSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:17:31 AM »
How well did the kratom help the withdrawals, and how much did you have to take?

Offline Morninggloryseed

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • Morninggloryseed On Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:05:08 AM »
It took about a month for me to become 'stable' on the kratom.  By stable, I mean that eating kratom would relieve any and all withdrawal, and even gave me a lift/opiate high.

I used "Bali" kratom (which seemed consistent in potency regardless of vendor or season) at about 7-10grams (taken every 4 or 5 hr...I would even wake from a dead sleep in WD if I slept longer than the effects lasted for...so I would usually dose in the middle of my sleep cycle.  Kratom is VERY addictive.

Over about 9 months I worked down to 5-7grams (every 4-5hr), then 3-5grams, then took the iboga.
"I have discovered common sense is actually very uncommon."

Morninggloryseed on Soundcloud

Offline Interzone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:20 AM »
I'm on the same boat.. flooded on Iboga before but still had a nasty benzo habit.. so I'm back to square one minus the benzo habit. Morninggloryseed.. you say Bali worked best for you. Did you have a fav, reliable provider you can hip me to? Yhanx brother,,

Offline LayerOfSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »
Kratom is good for opiate addiction, but benzo withdrawal is dangerous and can be fatal. Kratom wont do anything for that.

Thanks MorningGlory. I will keep that in mind.

Offline Interzone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »
LayerOfSoul I know all of that. I am now Benzo Free. Thus back to square one meaning back on subutex. I too need to use an SAO or poppy tea or Kratom for at least a month prior to flooding again. I was asking what the best source strand of Kratom and from what supplier. Or If people think poppy tea is better and what supplier to use. Thanks allot guy's and gal's

Offline kbud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
I'm new here ,although I can speak about your path, as it has been mine. sub w/d last a long time. I was still having a hard time after 1 and 1/2 months clean. I was about to give up and found kratom. I was so relieved to find it. I was told to use bali for my symptoms which I did. that was 7 months ago. now I'm ready to do the Iboga. I ordered from Misty Mountain Herbals. ( I hope it's alright to put that out there ). I started out doing 3-5 grms 3-4xs a day for about 3 weeks. since that time I've gone to nothing and back up again. It definitely worked to get off subs. (easily )

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Hi Interzone!

Welcome!!! Congrats on beating the benzos, SO hard to do!  If you can do that then you can do this too!  Subs seem to be the toughest as you already know I am sure.  Keep reading here and I hope you find what you are looking for.  I have a feeling you will.

Much Love Brother,

lala

Offline Interzone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
thanks lalababa!! I am sure I'll kick it this time for good, but on the cheap? that's another story..

look forward to speaking with you soon!

~Interzone

Offline LayerOfSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:02 AM »
LayerOfSoul I know all of that. I am now Benzo Free. Thus back to square one meaning back on subutex. I too need to use an SAO or poppy tea or Kratom for at least a month prior to flooding again. I was asking what the best source strand of Kratom and from what supplier. Or If people think poppy tea is better and what supplier to use. Thanks allot guy's and gal's

Awesome man! Sorry I misread that.  I ordered an LB of bali kratom and i'm going to make the switch. I decided to just skip the pods since i get drug tested and that would make me fail them. I'm kind of scared. I'm weening really low on the suboxone until i run out then i will wait a day and go for it. I'm down from 4-8 mg per day to 2 mg per day. I want to get down even further before I go for the switch.

I'm honestly scared and i feel like my willpower is really bad right now.  But I am determined. I need to do this.   

P.S. good job on getting off the benzos!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:08:44 AM by LayerOfSoul »