Author Topic: Taper not working---planning 4th flood  (Read 4099 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Taper not working---planning 4th flood
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Flooded Feb 10 then slipped back in to use after maybe a few weeks. Thought I would use RB and do quick taper. Seemed to work at first but now I'm back up to 100mg per day oxy. I just ordered 2g HCL thinking I will need to flood and that MDing or boosters aren't going to cut it. The flood in Feb went smoothly. The guilt and feeling of stupidity are eating at me. Does anyone think doing another flood after 3 months is a problem? First flood was about 5 years ago to get off suboxone. Second was Aug 2012 but didn't know contraindication with recent Adderall use at time(prescribed) and had real tough time bouncing back. Haven't used Adderall since then. Any insights are appreciated.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Taper not working---planning 4th flood
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:02:27 PM »
There is life after opiates.....if you want that.  You wouldn't be planning another flood if you didn't believe it.  Let that guilt transform into a new model of thinking/behaving. 

3 months is close, with the lack of research.  You know you are flooding at your own risk.  You may need less Iboga this time round.  My inner guide stopped me at half of the dose I needed the 3 floods before that. 

I know you were battling energy and mood afterwards.  You can explore a more natural life after Iboga (i.e. food, thinking, medicine) all the things that fit into your schema for the life you desire and deserve. 

For example, consider Magnesium and choline supplements regularly.  The centrophenoxine works great for emotional stability and just makes everything work better, IME. 

Begin to feel empowered by your experience and knowledge. 

Be kind to yourself, yet militant about changing your thinking/behaving.  It's an art form, loving yourself as much and often as possible. 

It's a long and winding road for us all Fritzerman.  You are not alone.  Use all of the tools and resources available. 

Be grateful for 2nd chances........and 3rd's and 4th's!

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
Does anyone think doing another flood after 3 months is a problem?

Is fine to do, no problems whatsoever and is quite normal.  Boosters can really help as an insurance policy type regiment as well as the practical matters.  Maybe 3 boosters during the 1-6th months after your next flood.  Dosage of about 1/5th to 1/7th of what your flood was. 

Most addicts need several visits to Iboga before they can finally be clean, so all is well. 

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »
Thanks for the support and advice guys. I've had this fatigue and anhedonia issue so long I can't tell you how many years its been. You think that's a common ailment from long term opiate use in and of itself. I've been thoroughly checked out medically a few years ago and the tests didn't really show a definite cause.

BT, I ordered some centrophenoxine Already been taking the magnesium, and also gotu kola and ashawagandha just recently. I used Adderall (legal script) for a few years up until the flood in Aug 2012 which would give me temporary bursts. Don't want to take that again. Hoping the iboga flood and giving a better lifestyle a chance will yield more. Have to say I'm tired of being tired.

The HCL should be here within 2 weeks per IW. Thanks again

Offline Egokiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
Thanks for asking that question. I'm planning my 4th Flood also and they will all have been taken in the past year and a half, first time was feb 18 2012 and the most recent was around a month ago. Ill never forget the first time cause I got sent up to what I thought was a spaceship but ended out to be a hospital :o   Good luck on your next attempt to kick the habit so to say ;)
MY OVERDOSE WITH IBOGA & WHY YOU NEED A SITTER!!!!
http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=1804.0

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »
Hi Fritzerman,

Hang in there buddy... Kambo is right sometimes it takes a few times.  I think the less time of using under your belt the easier it is to recover so I would go ahead and do it.

Much Love,
lala

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
I'm trying to schedule dates when I will be able to do the flood after my HCL  order arrives ( about 10 days from now). I think I could get 4 days free starting June 7 if I have the iboga by then. When I flooded in Feb I actually felt fairly decent by day 4 as I recall, although pretty fatigued. I was back on the pain pills for about 3 months at the time. It's been about 2 months this time. I'm starting another taper effort with RB MDing thinking that will make the flood easier and recovery quicker. Do you think this expectaion is accurate to a significant degree? Also, do you think a 4 day recovery (to go back to work) is realistically feasible, or wishful thinking?

For the MDing, I am doing about 3 days at 800mg then 2 days off. When I was doing it everyday I got a "feeling" it was too much. Hard to explain. Kind of a jumpy feeling and not firing on all cylinders (some days I was taking 1600mg). Does this make sense, or shd I MD everyday for a taper? I think I already know the answer from what some of you have posted previously, but have to ask.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
Fritzerman, I wish I could help more on the tapering (just not knowledgeable enough to lend advise).

As for going back to work, assuming energy and mood are your biggest concerns, a question:

1.)  What is your energy blend in the morning (i.e. 1 cup of sbux coffee, protein breakfast, etc)?

I think it is always best to give yourself as many days off as possible in this transformation period.  With that said, if you have to work, you have to work. 

There are a few options for you by day 4 I would say. 
I would not start Noopept for at least 2 weeks after the flood.  I am inclined to believe it may reverse some of the Noribogaine on the receptors.
Energy and mood can be tied to several chemical processes. 
I would be very surprised if you were not able to get moving with a cup of coffee and the sulbutiamine (either a 300mg or 600mg dose with something fatty).  Kicks in in 30 minutes.  The issue with this is it lowers your dopamine.  Now if you can handle the effects (maybe a lull of sorts), after a couple days of taking it you should notice a higher sensitivity to dopamine.  At least I do.  I take it 3-4 days a week. 
Centro is good too to start.  1-3X a day (250mgs), and with food if possible.  I am starting to bypass the stomach AMAP, so I took mine this morning dissolved in some warm water, then let sit under tongue, and I felt immediate focus effects kind of like Noopept (very interesting).  Also take 1-2 days off a week of centro to prevent problematic excess choline build up (tight muscles). 
Now when I can't seem to get going: 5 hour energy drink.  Look at the back of the bottle and see what it contains.  There is a reason people get addicted to these drinks.  So just keep in mind that it is a tool for energy and mood, until you have gotten past the worst.  Once again, careful with abusing this drink. 

With all of these supplements, always go for the lowest dose that produces the highest therapeutic effect. 

Your sleep schedule is another thing that will get you where you need to be ASAP for work.  Do you feel confident about being able to reset your clock, and get sleep? 

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
Hi Fritzerman,

I just have to tell you that when I did the Kambo-Ibo-Combo  Kambo several hours before flooding, I felt wonderful and could have worked the next day even though I had taken time off work.  I even slept 10 hours and without any sleep aid the next night (my first night without a benzo in years too.  Kambo isn't fun and this was the only time I purged and swelled up really bad (my face was still swollen hours after the Kambo affects wore off) but the flood was amazing and my energy level was very high afterward.  I ended up going back to work in two days and I have a VERY physical job!  If you need to be back to work soon, it is worth thinking about for sure. 

Good Luck Friend,
lala
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:51:03 PM by lalababa »

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
To echo off the energy topic....

Too much of the same stimulants will inevitably make you irritable.  So, keep that in mind and adjust accordingly (i.e. cycling your blends is key). 

The spectrum of stimulants I am referring to ranges from natural foods to nootropics. 

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
fritzerman:

Good luck & I echo BlueTiger's sentiments: "Be kind to yourself, yet militant about changing your thinking/behaving"

Its bloody hard too with some old habits, but one day at a time.

What are your plans post-flood? Have you considered a recovery program or something similar post-flood? My sponsor was on heroin, cocaine, crystal meth and alcohol and has been clean and  happily free for 7 years thanks to recovery.

Not saying that you must take this route, but have a plan, and get help from others if you can. Us addicts have a tendency to do things ourselves and our way, which may not always be the best way.

I would recommend a micro-dose regimen post flood also to stay centered.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 04:17:02 PM »
Thanks all for the input and support. The kambo sounds healing but I would only do it with someone experienced. There is someone here that I trust that I think would be willing but he is quite a distance from me. There is also an issue with my wife's opposition (won't go into the details there) that will take time to resolve.

I should have my order of centrophenoxine in a few days and will probably give that a test run pre flood.

There is a good AA/NA group here that I think would probably be a good support source. Doesn't help some people but it works for me. Have found a lot of wisdom there for dealing with life issues.

I'm working on mental preperation and plans for lifestyle changes/attitude changes that I think are going to be key. I think my failure to focus on this before is the reason I'm now looking at doing a flood for the 4th time.  Living without the opiates is a big change after using so long. To be honest, I'm quite worried about this.

Thanks again.