Author Topic: IBOGA does not work well for Loperamide  (Read 4628 times)

Offline mindash

• View Profile
IBOGA does not work well for Loperamide
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »
24 hours after flooding after a week on morphine and 2 weeks on oxy and still the lope is not letting go. 1 gram of IW Hcl and 4 grams of TA from a friend and well it was great and all but had to redose just so i would stop screaming.... i guess i really am gonna have to do this a very gradual taper. on the bright side my/the mind needed that but please do not get too friendly with ope. ive been dosing 144mg daily give or take for almost 2 and a half years and its not good

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: IBOGA does not work well for Loperamide
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »
Jesus man!

This is an important topic - if you google or you tube 'at home detox' you will invariably find that loperamide tops the list...along with DXM [usually via Robitussin] and a smattering of other OTC and household items. Together, these are supposed to 'detox' one from opiates...more accurately, they will likely only trade one addiction for another or at the least cause an extreme margin for error where overdosing is concerned.

I am sorry to learn of your troubles, please keep us updated and anyone here who can share experience or advice please do chime in - Cal
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:12:31 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »
im turning it intoa learning experience. im still integrating and refining my understanding of it but it seems that classic opiates/opiods which effect receptor sites in the brain cause extra receptors to grow in the brain and WD is the effect of those extra receptors that come with use and tolerance are painfully starving more or less. with loperamide the same happens in the intestines and gut so you dont have the mental addiction aspect when WDing from it the same as classics. the problem being that ibogaine hcl and Ta are readily absorbed in the stomach and not reaching the entirety of the effect areas of extra receptor growth in the insteines colon etc so im thinking possibly iboga enema and using bark orally attacking form both ends since my brain doesnt need it. i hope that makes some sense but i've never been the best at articulating this sort of thing fast lol. ill keep everyone posted tho. feel great otherwise!

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
Hey mindash,

I am really happy you are taking this as a learning experience and feeling okay about everything.  It seems you have researched this a lot.  Very interesting about the receptors in the stomach to say the least!  I think you articulated this very well btw :) Thank you for the positive attitude and sharing.  This could be a learning experience for us all.

lalababa

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
I get diarrhea after an iboga experience for a few days to a week, every time I've used it to kick.  You sure you have to taper, since there is no mental withdrawal?  If you just have to deal with the shits for a week or two, that doesn't seem all that horrible..  Just have to make sure you drink plenty of clear fluids so you don't get dehydrated..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »
Hi mindash - it took me between 2 & 2 a half months to get my BODY pretty well back after Ibogaine , treating a 4 year Methadone addiction. Diarrhea was the worst part of it but the mental addiction or craving was gone or at least suppressed for many months.

If your head is ok & you aren't craving, I highly suggest working threw the bodily aspects of withdrawal no matter how tough.

My understanding of Iboga is that its not a magic bullet drug that fixes everything right away but does seem to stop craving for a lot of opiate addicts & will let us reflect on our behavior patterns. In the long run its completely up to us to change those behaviors.

No matter what coming off of a long term addiction to any Opiate Substitution drug we have to work as well. Its not a completely painless process even with Iboga.   
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
loperamide WD is not just having the shits its akin to coming off of methadone when on it for a long time in high doses not only did i literally feel like i needed to force my intestines out of my ass and stomach out of my mouth but also had the insane sweats, burning skin, restless legs etc. i dosed 288 mg 29 hours after my intiial flooding and the pains subsided but since then i've only needed to take 24mg yesterday morning and today none so i may have jumped the gun in saying it doesnt work but ill see what happens come a few more days :-)

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:14 PM »
i should add that the physical aspect was so hellish i was bordering on a stroke and my face was purple while i was screaming for 3 hours

Offline JackTripper

• High Pope
  • maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
mindash - I honestly know very little to nothing about loperamide WD but what you described above sounds way more hellish than what I experienced getting off of Methadone!!!

Going from a daily dose of 288 mg to 24 mg of anything is a huge improvement & you have already accomplished a lot. Keep moving forward, you are doing great. 
The root does not work for you, you must work for the root.

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »
@JackTripper yeah the physical part of loperamide WD is a complete carbon copy of classic opiate/opiod Withdrawal but much more severe than anything i had encountered prior even worse than the WD i once experienced after a short stint of  chewing fentanyl patches. the extreme hot and cold flashes, sweats, gooseflesh, skin Burning , restless legs unlike anything ive ever imagined and every other aspect. people always hear me complain about loperamide/immodium withdrawal and automatically assume its all bowel movement related when that's actually one of the least troublesome effects of WD from loperamide. its currently may 27th 2015 and I'm still stuck on taking At LEAST 144mg of loperamide a day just to function and be able to sleep. it doesn't only delay the onset of withdrawal it acts exactly like any other opiate in that it completely takes away any physical WD experienced totally in a high enough dose but unfortunately i wasn't aware that it would become a major problem in itself. on the bright side i havent had a craving for traditional opi's in years now and only have taken medicinal doses of them when necessary for injury reasons and i cant say with honesty that i have by deffinition of the term  An addiction to Loperamide as i dont look forward to taking it every morning and sometimes i even forget to take it until the WD creeps in but i will say i am most certainly extremely Dependant on high dose loperamide on a physical level and couldnt imagine functioning without it and i truly am at a loss for what to do as i would have no issues never returning to taking it if i somehow did manage to get some sort of treatment but i dont forsee ever having nearly enough money to be able to do a 2+week moderate iboga dosing which would likely be required and although a bit taxing i am sure i could manage that length of dosing as i had do so in 2011 with drinking ayahuasca(mimosa hostilis tea and pure harmine extract 250-450mg) for 2 weeks every day sometimes twice a day immediately followed by 2.5 weeks of daily iboga and ibogaine dosing (pure and TA extracts as well as root bark) and im wondering to if it would make more sense to eat the rootbark and take the extract via enema to reach all the receptor sites in my G.I. tract. any personal experience  or info on this topic would still be greatly appreciated tho ill be checking back every so often. till then thanks for the support and i wish all here the best of luck in their journeys

the one and only MindAsh

Offline I-man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 10:26:06 AM »
I know this is an older post, but thought it might be worth mentioning that this a very bad idea. Lope has caused heart failure in doses as low as 50 mg. It also prolongs the qt interval and can lead to torsades de pointes. Lope overdoses are essentially caused by heart failure as opposed to respiratory depression. Lope withdrawal isn't very well understood but I have heard it is awful. I believe there is much more going on with it than traditional opioids and it may even be life threatening. The half life is really long too. I would think one would want to be on a SAO for at least a couple months before attempting anything with ibogaine.

Just my .02. Glad you are okay.

Offline mindash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
im still kicking and ive tapered from 144mg daily which i maintained until one year ago when i began my taper currently i am mostly substantiating on fresh harvested poppy pods and have only dosed 48mg 3 times with at least 2 days between each dosing this past week or so. i will be undergoing cardiac testing again prior to this but thankfulyl insofar somehow my heart has kept steady in its testings as being top notch healthy in both physical state and electrical rythem. i'm going to be steadily consuming nothing but pods very soon for a week or two prior to the iboga which will be in root bark form and will be done in a prolonged mdoerate dosing schedual as ive used int he past to great effect, back then i was coming off of pharmecuticals and heroin and went to pods prior to iboga for a few weeks and it worked wonders unfortunately a few months later i had an abcessed tooth and had to take vicodin and that sent me back intofull on WD and tho i didnt ever go back to classic opiates ive been on lope ever since and here i am just about to turn 35 and going through this one more time it seems. the plan this time is to stick to ibprophn and tough it out if medical pain becomes an issues in the future. i have no nor have i had any cravings or such in years which is great and the lope doesnt seem to do anything other then keep the HORRENDOUS WD at bay and allow for a very sound sleep. i've read alot about the heart complications and what worries me is sudden lope withdrawal which starts with gasping for air and its unlike regular opiates hence the taper andpod switch and honestly at this dose eating just 10 nickle sized pods a day from the laurens grape variety and eating them only a few hours after the petals fall before they even ripen has proven extremely effective so thats good! i'll keep you all posted as things unfold. on a side note i made a huge mistake back in 2011 and drank ayahuasca daily for 2 weeks prior to my iboga experience and eventually combined the two. NEVER TRY SUCH IT WAS STUPID. i've grown alot since then thats for sure

Geo