Author Topic: Microdose experience and planning for flood  (Read 3776 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Microdose experience and planning for flood
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »
As I have posted previously, I am planning to do a flood dose as soon as my order of HCL arrives. This is my fourth flood in an effort to get off the pain pills. I have been micro-dosing root bark for several weeks to taper down, ultimately without success. I have some HCL left over from my last flood and last night I did a microdose of about 100-150 mgs. I did that at about 11 PM. Because I was worried about being able to go to sleep I also took two gabapentin because I know it makes me sleep. At any rate, I woke up at 10 AM and to my surprise had no withdrawal symptoms. It had been 14 hours since my last pain pill and normally I would've been in the beginning of withdrawal. When I sat up I realized that I had overdone it with the microdose as my head was spinning some and I had that sound of crickets in my ears (others describe it as a buzzing sound). When I stood up to walk I realized I was wobbly. I didn't take any pain pills until 2 PM when the withdrawal started to set in. It's now about 4 PM and the dizziness is gone and I feel good. I'm wondering if this sounds odd to any of you – going to sleep so hard and for so long after a microdose like this? Also, has anyone heard of any interaction between gabapentin and iboga?

As for the planned flood, my biggest worry is the amount of recovery time that will be necessary. I have a window of four days that is open. When I did my last flood in February I felt pretty good after three days. At this point I have been back on the pain pills about two months, which is about the same as the February flood. However, I've read here and elsewhere about a lot of different experiences in recovery time. I suppose the only answer under these circumstances is that "time will tell". Does anyone have any insight they are willing to share? Some of you have already shared suggestions and I am not ignoring that. If I thought it was possible, I would probably seek out a kambo treatment in combination with the iboga. It just isn't possible under my circumstances.

I am very serious about getting off these pain pills. They just turn me into a zombie and ultimately sap all my energy and ambition. I appreciate this website more than I can really express. I have read a lot on the web and this is the most informative place that exists. Thanks to all.

Offline Morninggloryseed

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • Morninggloryseed On Soundcloud
Re: Microdose experience and planning for flood
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:55:53 AM »
If you listen to a single thing in your life....consider your next flood of more importance than getting married, or family.  Then reconsider taking it...save it for when you can devote a week or more.  In my own iboga experience....if I could not have taken the time I wanted/needed....I simply cannot fathom how I would be here today.

All part of 'follow up care' and 'recovery.'

Don't rush this because after your previous tries, I know you want this to work.  This is taking your life back.....it is worth taking the time out from life to do this.  Please, follow this advice.
"I have discovered common sense is actually very uncommon."

Morninggloryseed on Soundcloud

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
Thanks Morninggloryseed. You're right. I am trying to open up a few days more so that I will have a week at least. I figure if I didn't, and it turns out I need more than the 4 days, then I'll have a bigger problem than if I planned for it. Need to give the flood proper priority as you point out.

Offline Morninggloryseed

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • Morninggloryseed On Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »
In my own experience, I'd say it took at least two weeks for it all to 'gel.'  I mean the physical addiction to opiates/PAWS was gone within 48hr....but the other INCREDIBLE changes that have resulted in a wiser, stronger, HAPPY EVERY DAY, can only eat healthy foods, even is a better guitar player.....MGS.....did not begin right away....I definitely went through some difficult moments of transition (not related to cravings, or opiates....just the realizations that the way I had been living was not right for me, but felt lost at first as to what to do next) because my everything was defragmented and then factory restored...it took a couple weeks for the personality that I was before becoming consumed with addiction came out again....and then blossomed.

I'm telling you, reread what I said about MOST IMPORTANT EXPERIENCE IN YOUR LIFE.  Sorry for the caps, I know people hate that.  The reason ibogaine fails for so many is they do not have 'follow up care' and I think most people do need a facilitator of some sort, or 'Shaman' if you will...to tell them the things I am telling you.

I hope you can take even more than a week off.  I'm sure in the end, the loss of labor will make up for the gaining of life.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:42:07 PM by Morninggloryseed »
"I have discovered common sense is actually very uncommon."

Morninggloryseed on Soundcloud

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »

I hope you can take even more than a week off.  I'm sure in the end, the loss of labor will make up for the gaining of life.

I hope so too Fritzerman!  I agree with the caps statement a well for folks like us.  You know what's most important to you. 

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
exactly 'morninggloryseed'... time time time time. and support. its the prior that can be REALLY difficult to make....