Author Topic: Benzodiazepine tappering question  (Read 2422 times)

Offline beholder

• View Profile
Benzodiazepine tappering question
« on: June 08, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
I want to ask which are  the equivalents (ratio) for benzodiazepam 5 mgr in contrast with lorazepam and nitrazepam??? Waiting someone expert on the subject for tappering reasons and which is more suitable? ( 5 mgr of benzodiazepam is how much lorazepam)

Thanx

Beh
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:44:42 AM by beholder »

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Benzodiazepine tappering question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
~.5mg by the charts, but there are other factors to consider.  Valium works quickly and effectively for a short period, but has a very long half-life.  The anxiolytic effects are short-lived compared to ativan, but ativan has a much shorter half-life.  You can try the .5mg ativan and you'll probably find the effects to be longer lasting and stronger (feel good effects, so be careful!), but you'll feel the need to dose again sooner.

Just to share my experience - I could not taper with lorazepam or even clonazepam.  The cycle of addition would start every time with these, however, I was very successful at tapering diazepam from 40mg down to 1mg over a couple of months.  I think it's because the diazepam wasn't so /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/.

Offline lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »

Valium is by far easier for a taper because of its long half life.  Xanax, for example, is nearly impossible.  That said, a valium taper is not a walk in the park.  I did it, and it was the hardest thing I had ever done.  You might check out the "benzo detox recovery" web site.  A woman named Jana is active there and has helped countless people.  Good luck.

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
I took a box of benzodiazepam 5mgr , a box of nitrazepam 5 mgr and a box of lorazepam 1mgr, till yesterday (yesterday only 2x5 mgr benzodiazepam), had a mild wd, yesterday and today late, but today will not use any , i started nutmeg wich has stronger effects than benzo , calms down psyche and body and will discontinue thanx for the info. In total 20 days of taking benzos, i thing will get them by , thanx for the quick replay
P.S. I was not using benzos with my habit
P.S.2 Personnaly i do not like the aftereffect they make me very tired and heavy the next day, and depressed, i used them because i could not sleep , but lala explained to me that it was of iboga and the many boosters i took after that were the cause of my insomnia.

Beh
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:27:57 PM by beholder »