Author Topic: 12 hours until flood [MERGED]  (Read 18609 times)

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Re: 12 hours until flood
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »
I'm definitely not drinking alcohol, but I agree Cal that coffee hits the spot. had a third of a cup black. Got to go do some chores. thanks for the advice and support guys.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
My appetite has come on strong with a vengeance. Trying to stay healthy in what I eat. We are having tilapia for supper tonight. Two of the kids are in town and my daughter  who lives in St. Louis will be in sometime in the morning. I managed to get the entire  house vacuumed and an entry room shampooed. Before doing all this I did some reading here and elsewhere, and he decided to try some tyrosine with some D phenalanine. I also had a little bit of coffee. I didn't take any more rhodiola. I don't know which one helped the most but I did get a  good energy burst.

I'm reaching the end of my fourth day since the flood and am feeling better than I expected to be at this point. Frankly, I've been pushing myself physically and I think it is paying off. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Thanks to all.

Offline lalababa

• UBERMOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
Wow fritzerman!

I think you are doing wonderful.  To get that energy back so soon means you will have a much better chance at slipping again, I think.  I don't think the last time you were on opiates long enough to get the PAWS this time :)  Fourth time the charm?

Much Love,

lalababa

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
thanks for the kind words Lalalaba.I just had another first. I was watching a sitcom and at a sad moment in the show I felt a rush of goosebumps come over me. That never happens to me, or at least it hasn't happened in many years. It was like an ability to empathize that returned. I'm taking it as a good sign.

I have slept very good since the flood until tonight. I have been taking gabapentin along with melatonin to help with sleep. I have some Ativan but would rather not take that. I know I won't die without sleep, but it sure makes the night dragg on. I'm downstairs on the sofa in front of the TV so no problem keeping entertained.

Take care my friend.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
I think I'm making more progress today. I woke up feeling fairly fresh, then drank the rest of my green goddess and blue goddess that I had left (need to go get more). Been taking minerals recommended and some supplements. I took the sulbutiamine 200 mg again today. It seemed to help but I can't say for certain. It certainly didn't seem to harm me or set me back in any way. Managed to walk for a half-mile this morning then fix myself some breakfast of bacon and eggs and toast and chowed that down. I used to never eat breakfast, but my appetite is back with a vengeance and I'm eating all day. Staying fairly steady on the quit smoking although I cheated a couple times. Oh well, looking forward to a good Father's Day. All the kids are in town which will be great. We're going to barbecue pork steak and eat at about 1 PM. Thanks all.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »
it's day five since my flood and I'm feeling a little more sluggish it seems today. Also have that antsy feeling like I'm trying to get an energy boost but it never comes. I took one half of an Ativan that seems to have helped greatly. We are having Father's Day dinner at 1 PM and all the kids are in town which helps with the attitude. I work hard on keeping a positive attitude because I think that is key to success. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Oh well, I will hang firm. Thanks to all.

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
Supplemental stuck for the worst case senario all included, DLPA (makes and sustains endorphines longer), l-tryptophan (not 5-HTP), vitamins +minerals, q10 +magn+potasium+kalium (for exercise), melatonin, essencial oil for relax during the night of nutmeg (equally strong as benzos but without addiction), wild sage for focus , depression. If i forgot something will add later

Beh 

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »
Thanks beholder. I have some of these but will acqire the rest and give it a try. any dosage recommendations on any of these?

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Day six – – feel like I have a ball and chain around my ankle
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »
That may sound like a negative attitude and I suppose I have a little of that today. I keep focusing on the positive attitude and the life ahead free of opiates. I'm getting rid of that ball and chain. I have been eating good and walking quite a bit. The thermal regulation is off a little still and I get hot flashes mixed with cold spells. It was really hard to get going today. I managed to go to the office and work for about an hour and a half. That seems like a good sign. I will work on my patients. It's just this feeling like I'm sloshing through mud and can't quite get going that is driving me crazy. Oh well, the price to pay for my choices. Take care all.

Offline BlueTiger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Day six – – feel like I have a ball and chain around my ankle
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
I would not be afraid to do a 600mg sulbutiamine dose if I were you right now.  Do it with some fatty foods, see how it treats ya.  Then have your caffeine if you don't feel effect after an hour.  Please report back on this if you can.

Fritz, the temp thing is going to heal in time.  In the meantime, learn to wear extra layers and laugh about it. 

Those walks are great!  Keep it up!! 

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 07:34:07 AM »
I had the same problem excersise as much as you can,l-carnitine+ q10 +Ca+Na+k before it will go away within a month or two depends if you were is SAO or LAO , plus DLPA+ltryptophan. Be patient and do small  steps. With that above your walks will be doubled with no effort. Keep up the hard work!!

Beh

Offline ddraig

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
give it time.  keep it up! Maybe hit a meeting when you are feeling down? see if that helps? Sounds like your body is still healing.

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Day seven– – thinking of doing booster
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
My butt is still dragging, even more so the last couple days. I'm thinking of doing a booster. All I have is HCl and root bark. I'm thinking of doing a booster with 200 mg HCl. Does this sound like the right move? Any advice is appreciated.

Offline beholder

• View Profile
Re: Day seven– – thinking of doing booster
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
if you done flood give it a try with only a rootbark 1gr , if you do not see visible changes  then take hcl. It is too soon to use hcl, my 2c

Beh

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Day eight since flood– – just trying to hang on
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
it's been eight days since I did my flood. I think I notice a little bit improvement today. it's hard to tell since the improvement is so minuscule day-to-day. I walked a couple miles this morning, then managed to go into the office for about an hour this afternoon. Just to do this little bit it takes a lot of willpower and push. I'm still pretty much without energy and my thermal regulation is still off. I vacillate between being cold and hot flashes. Last night I did some root bark and that seemed to help. Oh well, I will keep hanging in there. Appreciate all the support I've gotten here.