Author Topic: Thermoregulation  (Read 2705 times)

Offline beholder

• View Profile
Thermoregulation
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Hi again to all.Did anyone after first flood had problem with thermoregulation, regulation of the body temperature, especially with high and lows temps? This time frame there is a heat wave and can stand it, it gets to my nerves.

Beh

Offline fritzerman

• View Profile
Re: Thermoregulation
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
beholder,

I flooded last Tuesday and was freezing for the four days afterwards. Wearing long pants and sweaters, even though it was 75° or above in the house and 85° outside. After the fourth day things switched and I started to have hot flashes mixed in with feeling cold. It is now the start of day six and things are pretty much normal. Wish you well.

Steve

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:33 AM »
Your body will normalize, but do take good care of it! If you feel like you are overheating, take a cold shower. If you feel chilled, take a hot bath, or get warm otherwise. Pay extra close attention to your body's needs as you would a newborn.

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:47:28 AM »
Its part of it, like a fever kills pathogens, the contrast of cold and hot is part of the cleansing process.  Its necessary.  Dont fight it.  Accept it.  Its fine.

Offline RhythmSpring

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
^ As long as it doesn't feel medically dangerous. Stay comfortable. There's no reason to allow your body go into uncomfortable extremes.

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
I do the opposite maybe it is wrong but after that i produce so much endorphines, i am for the other half day in ecstacy, maybe i overdue it. This plant is amazing

Beh

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
You gotta go with it.  I think theres some danger to worry so much about whether or not to allow your body to go into uncomfortable extremes especially with regards to this plant.  I would even say that attitude is the wrong one, as if you're going to control something, or as if it should be a comfortable experience.  Its not comfortable at all, its hell, and you have to be able to weather the storm openly, which is why the experts try to make the person as comfortable as possible, but that doesnt imply that it should be a comfortable process..

On the contrary, it might just be the most intense extreme experience of your life, and you should still go with it.  Being able to be open is key, and the more open you are, the more the medicine can work for you.  Fighting it or trying to control it or worrying about my comfort level could erode your chances of a successful flood.  The point of making yourself comfortable as possible is so that you dont worry, but rather fully experience the flood with complete surrender and openness.  Worrying about body temps and heart rate is not helpful during a flood.  Instead, openness and full surrender is probably a better approach and let the sitter do all the worrying and/ or know you took care of all the preparations perfectly beforehand.  This forum is helpful so as to reduce worries not encourage them unnecessarily.  The only thing we need to fear is fear itself, especially when diving head first into the unknown.  Walk bravely by knowing you did your homework.

Offline beholder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
I was not in fear at all, did not have sitter neither for me not for my wife (did it together). Plus 2 cats to get feed. I used 20+ boosters after flood a little speed to get up after 4th day to take us all care. After 10 day no sweating from opiates, but sweating in general (the boosters caused that), after a month 40C again sweating. Now 23C and am perfect. From 8th day everyday walking 2 hours minimum. Anyway now i am fine thanx all for your concern.

Beh